1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 One for the wheel experts

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Bibbles, Sep 17, 2016.

1. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I had not heard of that before AC so it's quite shocking to know considering I was just deciding the week before AC's release, that would be a deal breaker for me as it's hard enough trying to hit the buttons on the wheel while moving anyway(I do lots of drifting). Do you guys know if it happens with different rims? I would hope it only happens on the original T300 and not the ferrari ones or other.

2. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Ok, be more clear next time ;) and if one wheel dosen't suit someones liking (you) it will suit someone elses. Depending on there experience with wheels of course.

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It happens far less with AC (for me anyway). I've only had it happen three or four times total. I was driving and all of the sudden my brake bias changed (d-pad up/down). I know I didn't hit the button accidentally, because I was on Dottinger Hohe. I have the Ferrari Alcantara wheel.

I love my T300RS, but I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. The phantom button press thing is real. It doesn't happen nearly frequently enough to cause me to switch though. Belt drive wheels feel more like my real life car, and the extra diameter of the Ferrari Alcantara wheel are worth the trade-off for me.

4. Roble

Roble Gamer

Was the same for me, the wheel stand pro was my first ever proper setup and it served me well. The GT omega is harder to store away but much better for actual driving though and a good price to boot!

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

That's the shifter made to go with the G29 for Playstation 4. The exact same one is used for the G920 on XB1, guess Logitech tried to be helpful. It's what I have and it all works, better than on any console game to date i've played. It just really sucks it no longer has the buttons on it like the G25/27 did nor do those buttons work when plugged into the G29 apparently. I have both g25 and g27 wheels and shifters but I haven't tried myself because my wheel is bolted to my next level racing rig.

Bibbles likes this.
  7. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Im a little worried about the G29 as a few people have told me that with the exception of Pcars it suffers from deadzone ? Can anyone confirm this ?

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Is my honest opinion, having owned the G25,G27 and G29. It's almost non existent in AC.

bradleyland likes this.
  9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I would go for a used G27.
    In my country they are sold for 120€-150€.

I bought mine , actually I am the 3rd user, previous had almost zero usage so it was almost new.
    It costed 120€, and it plays as good as ever ( 1300 hours in AC ).
    It has also the sifter.
    G29 it's too expensive for what it offers.

P.S. I really have no idea if it is console suitable. If not forget about my post.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

10. bradleyland

Unfortunately, the G27 is not PS4 licensed, so it won't work*.

* I have to offer a qualifier here, because it is — strictly speaking — possible to make a G27 work using some very elaborate workarounds involving a PC running device emulation software, but I strongly recommend against this for most people. It involves adding a lot of complexity to your setup, and because of Sony's increasingly aggressive licensing tactics, they may seek to disable these workarounds in the future.

Bibbles likes this.
  11. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Question, is the G29 licensed by Sony

12. bradleyland

Yes, it is. The G29 is PS4 licensed, and the G920 is XBox licensed.

Likewise on the Thrustmaster side, the T300 is PS4 licensed, and the TX is XBox licensed.

Bibbles likes this.
  13. Northshore

Northshore Rookie

I have G29 with shifter. I've played GT6 on PS3 and now Assetto on PS4. I've heard before I bought it about annoying dead zone in G25/27. But honestly, in G29 I haven't seen deadzone in Gt6 and Assetto. It is really good wheel, weel made, also the pedals are real good. The only thing, that could be better made is the shifter. It is toy like, but I 'm used to it. It works and that is the most important thing. I enjoy it.

Buy G29 + Schifter.

14. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Cheers bud its good to hear good reviews before you buy.

A friend of mine uses a G29 on for Pcars and praises it highly, he doesn't play AC but I play both , just wanted to be sure before I shelled out the money.

15. Never happened to me. (knock on wood)

bradleyland likes this.
  16. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Whilst not being a big fan (understatement detected) of Logitech/Sony's marketing "strategy" needlessly turning my perfectly good (well used) G25 or indeed my perfectly serviceable if somewhat cosmetically careworn (very, very well used) DFGT into useless ornaments, I am somewhat begrudgingly, due to the above, a big fan of Logitech build quality. A pity that that is irrelevant if Logi/Sony decide to make them obsolete every time a new platform arrives though. Still, I am confident the G29 will see me through till whatever wonderful gaming gizmo comes up next.

Very nice pedals on the G29 too. A useful improvement over standard G25/27 sets if only for the Brake loading thing. Admittedly, without being able to assign saturation values etc in A/C for whatever pedal set you own, that benefit is some what lost...at the moment.

As you say, OP, the G29 does use (helical) gears to transfer energy and not the admittedly slightly smoother feeling belt drive of some others (which does not necessarily omit backlash btw since TM units still have gears in them somewhere too AFAIK). So do the steering racks of most, if not every car on the road today, so nothing inherently "wrong" with gears i.m.o. For me G29 seems better than previous models regarding having a central dead-zone and in all three of the driving games that I have so far on PS4, in game, is a total non issue.

Tl;Dr. You can buy a Logitech device with confidence it will not break in anyway shape or form is my experience FWIW. Good luck with whatever you decide buddy. One thing I'm sure of is you will not regret upgrading the DS4 to a wheel for games like this one.

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  17. bradleyland

Maybe a console thing :(

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  18. Stevie777

Stevie777 Rookie

The Thrustmaster wheels offer 1080 degrees of rotation on the ps4. If you also play Dirt rally on the ps4 than you really want to drive the Fiat 131 Abarth that way. It's a sim right? Just my 2 cents.
    As far as I know the deadzone people are talking about is referring to a deadzone in the FFB. Not a deadzone in the actual steering.