1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online championships/league built-in tool

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Quffy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

A tool that allows everyone, at least who has a dedicated server, to create a championship inside the game for multiplayer racing. Basically there would be a page in the game menu with a list of championships/leagues which would allow people to join it and connect to a server directly from there. If the server is offline, the league page doesn't disappear, but the info/details/leaderboard is stored (in the admin's pc?) whether the server is online or offline.

Why I'm suggesting this? Because I still see leagues as something for the elites of the sim racing world. Is kinda just a niche for some people, and is all organized away from the game. And in the current format, is not helping at all with game activity. I think casual racers would at least find a purpose to race online, given that there are leaderboards like in the real motorsports.

Currently I see devs trying to make some tools or tools support for people in the community to create their own stuff, except some people who are also creating tools (minorating, stracker) that can be available for all servers. But these things are for progamming experts..

I'm asking to create an interface inside the game for people to organize their own things with friends or with the general public, without them having to develop tools and websites. A page where people can see a list of available championships/leagues to join, type of race and sessions, info of the list of tracks, schedule of when each event will be, and simply join directly from there to the server.

At first it sounds a complex thing, but even a basic functionality to create a championship and the info to be stored, because a championship is usually connected among several races - leaderboards for each championship.

Or collaborate with raceme.io to create something easy and free for the general public to organize themselves and race online (on people's dedicated server, and maybe a central server that stores info of each championship/league, or just stored in peoples pc), without having to organize everything away from the game, and without needing to be an expert in the matter or having to program it yourself either some tool or a website.
    Here is an older picture from raceme.io with how it looks in the game:
    [​IMG]

Peter Szoke, d34n.07, TCLF and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Console Lounge Online League May 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer No Online Servers - Disconnected May 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal Error opening game online server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions online servers Feb 12, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashed in the end of an online race Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stuck not loading singleplayer race or online Feb 1, 2023

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

This is actually a very good point. Drivers usually don't do leagues, because it's so far away from the game and tehy just want to play the game, not surf around forums and all that stuff. This is a great solution for those people and also for this forum. Kunos doesn't want a community on this forum, then why not move it over to in-game?

Also my optimistic mind already thought of posibilities with this kind of system which makes setting up grids and such easier. But that's not part of this discussion atm.

4. d34n.07

d34n.07 Rookie

I was just about to start a thread on at least a part of this post! Would be very cool to have it in game but an even simpler way to start with and get more people in leagues could be to just have an online league events calendar. So in this forum we could have a calendar to go to that shows upcoming league events. It would be so much easier than having to prowl through all the threads and then posts and it would also be a simple (I imagine) and quicker fix before a league section is implemented in the game, if it is at all.

5. jarqus

jarqus Racer

I believe Minolin (if I remember) said something like this maybe possible, And I think he is looking into it. But most likely way way way.......way into the future