1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online races shutting down really soon after winner has finished?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Motorsheep, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Motorsheep

Motorsheep Gamer

Sorry for the noob question, this is probably common knowledge.

Anyway. What happens to me often in online races is that the race gets shut down within about a minute after the winner has finished - this sometimes doesn't give me the time to finish the race even though I'm less than one lap behind the winner.
    It's kind of frustrating to be e.g. 6th out of 16 cars and not even get to finish the race. I'm not very fast yet, but I do my best to drive clean races, and finishing somewhere in the middle is often an achievement for me.

I'm guessing this is a server setting? Can anybody tell me how exactly it works?

ShredatorFIN likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Would be great to do online races with Ratings turned off Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash during online races Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Crash Online Races Only Jun 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online/Multiplayer Races and Career Mode Aug 6, 2021
    Console Lounge ASSETTO CORSA PS4 CLASSIC CARS ONLINE RACES Apr 16, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ASSETTO CORSA PS4 CLASSIC CARS ONLINE RACES Apr 16, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer How to save results from online races? Dec 11, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GT4 online races Nov 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online races Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnecting from online races Sep 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request for Devs add AI to Online races Aug 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Lots of stuttering on online races May 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Your plans for online races / cp races Apr 17, 2020

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It's a server setting. The server admin can make the delay up to 3 mins, I believe.

4. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

This setting is to combat when people cross the line, and someone at the back never does, that it doesn`t leave the game open forever to give them chance to cross the line (which they will never do).

Up shot is, if you don`t cross the line in time, you aint driving quick enough! :)

BubbaZ likes this.
  5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

In the server settings there is a line named "race over time = xxx" in there you put the amount of seconds you want to have the server running for after the winner passes the line.. I have seen it as high as 10 mins before. Im not sure what the limit is.

6. Motorsheep

Motorsheep Gamer

Thanks guys.

I know. But sometimes you have two really fast guys driving way ahead of the pack, and it ruins the final lap for maybe 5 people still racing each other. The only thing I wish is that these times were long enough by standard to do one more lap after the winner has crossed the finish line. 2 minutes instead of one would do that for most tracks.

JLV and Christopher Low like this.
  7. I absolutely agree, Motorsheep. It's extremely annoying when the screen fades to black when you are still racing. One average lap duration should be enough for the majority of drivers that are still racing to get across the finishing line.

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If kunos set the default to 200seconds it would help greatly. Im sure 80% of server admins dont even realise this option is there.

Tucker73 likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats not a issue since 90% of the servers are empty ;)

10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

The acusaworld server I think stops the race right after the 1st place hits the finishing line, which I think is pretty ridiculous. Last Saturday I was only behind the leader for 12 seconds, already around Rivazza at Imola when everything just went dark.

11. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Along with race ending before crossing finish line and with the persistant move too next session or restart race folks most annoying

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Lol

13. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I think an in-lap for the first three drivers would work. It would at least give folks a chance.

Tucker73 likes this.
  14. Motorsheep

Motorsheep Gamer

From what I've heard, the "race overtime" setting doesn't change anything in terms of gameplay because, hold your breath, race results are determined by everyone's position at the time when the winner crosses the finish line, not by the order in which the following cars cross the line. If you overtake anyone after the winner is through, it won't count. And so it doesn't matter if the race ends one minute after the winner has finished, or two, or instantly.

And even if race overtime influenced final positions - it's a bull**** system. A race ends for each driver with the end of their current lap once the winner has finished the race. No instant end, no "over time", nothing. The finish line is the end. Period.

It's an absolutely ridiculous design flaw on Kunos' part, and I cannot comprehend how anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to release a racing simulation with this kind of mechanic.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Fairbanks likes this.
  15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Wow I didn't know that.

But even my effort be pointless, allowing me to get to the finish line would be nice.

16. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I don't know who told you that but it's nonsense.

And if the person in last position is a troll who wants to do 10 minutes of donuts just to annoy everyone else??

Yes some servers have too short time but also think of the guys who finish on the podium....they might not want to hang around for 5 minutes to start the next session. Average lap time should be enough.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    snyperal and V8_KB like this.
  17. Motorsheep

Motorsheep Gamer

1. Good to know.
    2. Then everyone who has finished the race already votes to kick him or to end the session.
    3. There will be no waiting for 5 minutes. The maximum time would be the lap time of the slowest racer. If anyone is really so impatient that two or three minutes is too long for them to wait for the next session after they've crossed the finish line, they're welcome to bloody leave the server and look for a new one. Seriously. People join a race and they want to finish it. There will always somebody in the last position, and how ****ing selfish would you have to be to demand that slower racers cut their single remaining lap short and make do with a fade-out instead of properly finishing their race, just so that the winners can start their next race a minute sooner?

18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Your points would be valid in a league or organized (passworded) race. On a typical public server there are far too many idiots, trolls etc. who don't care about ruining others fun and wasting their time. And as long (hopefully until 1.2 only) as it's possible to join race when it's already started you can get to the "loop" of the last position guys.
    I agree it sucks when the leader finished the race and after 15s BAM restart. On the other hand average lap time is enough IMO for most people to finish their race as long as their weren't two laps down or so.

About the kicking the troll who doesn't want to finish the race. It also might be hard thing to do, because every server has different settings on how many votes are needed to kick someone and on some of them it's impossible to do it.

Motorsheep likes this.
  19. Motorsheep

Motorsheep Gamer

Well, you've got a point there about the voting settings. Though I have to say, I experienced very few problems with restart votes in Live for Speed, which didn't have any sort of measures implemented to prevent trolls from stretching the race time.

20. Server admins shouldn't have a problem with a setting that allows everyone on the same lap the chance to finish a race before the "fade of doom". After all, some of them waste a lot more time than that by adding pointless practice sessions ;)

21. kro

kro Simracer

This has been an issue from day 1 ... check the "whats needed for MP" thread it has a lot of good suggestions on how to improve on this ..

They have stated that 1.2 will fix SOME of the major issues regarding actual RACING in AC regarding what should be the "basic stuff" ...

the psxy part of AC is amazing ..

but ATM its not a RACING simulator ..

ya you can race but seriously , its a few steps away from perfection , I only hope they can take the steps !...