1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online there are too many cheats and offline ai ram all the time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrazyMasterBlaster, Oct 17, 2015.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

Suppose everyone has a right to their opinion, like I said/shown in video, so why did rosberg get penalised (for causing an avoidable accident)

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Good to hear/read your voice again, Does that mean we're getting a update :)

3. I am not the one who made that call :) I think the main point of the judges was that he was the one on the attack in that situation and never, during the entire maneuver he gave the impression of being able to complete the pass.
    In AC, for example, "AI Lewis" would leave you space to do that.

LeDude83 and esox71 like this.
  4. Not sure when, the car is ready but we're having problems with the acServer that are holding things up.

5. esox71

esox71 Alien

OT but what about these camber reported problems, seems pretty major?
    Edit: Or could you maybe respond on that thread?

6. not really. There is a small fix in the update but nothing major other than major drama :D

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Glad all it took was small update :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

These are slightly different scenarios to what @ChokDK is explaining though.
    In @ChokDK 's video he was turning into a corner. In his case, he must leave room if there is overlap with a car on the inside, no matter how small that overlap is.

In @Patrik Marek 's video (1:30), Schumacher had made the pass and was exiting the right turn with the Ferrari on the outside of him. Unless the Ferrari on the outside has "substantial" overlap (more than half a cars length) at the point of exiting the corner, Schumacher has the right to take the racing line and the Ferrari must back off. Same principal with Rosberg v's Hamilton. The argument in this case was, where did one turn finish and the other begin. It was decided that Hamilton was still on the exit of the right turn, therefore had the right to take the racing line and Rosberg should have backed off. Rosberg was never going to make that pass stick either.

The AI knew it had a right to attack that corner because it was on the inside and had overlap.

Of course, in online (public) racing we should always leave room, whether we have the 'right' to a corner exit or not. It's just common courtesy not to force someone off track. In organized leagues you could apply any rules you want.

LeDude83 and Christopher Low like this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

An overlap is an overlap, Hamilton should have given space there for it would've been possible for Rosberg to make the pass.
    But he decide to shut the door and give himself a puncture.
    An overtake is an overtake inside or outside.
    But that's just the way I see it, no biggie:)

As for navigating AI on a track, I'd rather do the dishes.:p

The pass Schumi made was as far as I remember some kind of restart or under safety car or summit, alonso wasn't even racing as far as he was concerned it was single file until finish line.
    Which I think was end of race, could be wrong but Schumi was just being the chancer he is.

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

In online racing I agree 100%, but IRL racing that's not the case.

11. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Okay, enlightened and feeling stupid but taking it as a man, even if I am now doomed to have no internet racing friends forever after by the Lord himself :)

So what if my car had been just those 5 cm in front of the AI?

It's good the AI is actually doing "as supposed" though, which was the quest of my post.
    Since no one has come up with any evidence of bad AI behavior on the last 11 pages then we maybe can conclude the AI actually works as supposed then?

12. esox71

esox71 Alien

I see what you did there.
    It is what it is dude, as long as your happy right?
    Programmers have been trying to perfect it for years n years, I'd imagine it's very difficult.

13. Obviously not based on the Lewis in F1 then :p

esox71 likes this.
  14. A better AI would have predicted that you were going to pull that dive bomb maneuver and would have taken a defensive line through the chicane to prevent it. Good luck coding that though.

demetri and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  15. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

any chance of getting sp pitstop in this update?

16. I think I can answer for him......NO

17. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

@Lord Kunos I hope I'm not stretching your patience, but will V5 tyres for remaining cars make it in the next update?

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

don't want to beat dead horses, but accidentially I've updated MR's rule pics yesterday. Maybe you guys could verify 2.1 and 2.2 in the context of chokdk's case.

demetri likes this.
  19. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Did not ask you, though I entirely expected you to answer.

20. Just because others are faster than you, doesn't mean they are cheating. That seems to be todays standard for games.
    If X guy is better than me, he must be a cheater.

I don't see myself as a fast or good driver, but i don't call the guys that are faster than me, for cheaters.
    You cannot win all the time, neither in games or in life.

Thank you for putting me in a box. That's kind of you....
    Might as well just go uninstall the game this very moment.

You might not like CS, and you might not like me, but you can't just make such a statement.