1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Only fanboys counts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Content removed -

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2018
    earlyapex likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Enough with the fanboys - what's the point of contributing if your threads are locked!? Oct 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room To the f zero fanboys/girls Oct 31, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Formation lap counts as race lap Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Two acount on the same PC ,bug [Both accounts used same profile and config folder] May 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting discounts from different servers. Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room "Every Lap Counts" Racing League for the Physically Disabled Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Which race counts when to your SA rating? Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Switching driver profiles with seperate Steam accounts? Jul 26, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer The number of spectators counts in the total slots of the server? Jun 1, 2019
    ACC User Interface Total elapsed race time on timetable HUD counts qualifying and formation lap time Dec 21, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues bought the game on 2 steam accounts but same profile. Help. Apr 20, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Last race lap counts for next qualifying session (fadeout) Jan 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Why accounts get deleted when registered right? Jun 26, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server booking time sometimes counts minutes May 10, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Buying Assetto twice on 2 different steam accounts, but same PC Mar 6, 2014

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Cool story :p

Well, maybe someone has a grudge on you, but as long as you give a ****, it's gonna haunt you. If you want that to stop, threads like this is not the way to go. Go back to what you did with the creative mod stuff and stay out of discussions.

Cheers

LeDude83, fabT, liakjim and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cannot remember of your name been connected with a bad manner. But since I cannot judge your writings it may be both: Having a bad day and writing in that mood together with a forum caretaker having a bad day either ;), sometimes a moderator is too proud and got some kind of hang-up as well.. Of course this is an official forum and the owners will surely like praise and glory more than critics. Did you already write a private message to a moderator? Maybe both of you can press a reset button in your relationship?

5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

You've been familiar to me as an active modder and member of the AC community since I also became a member, and can never recall a time you posted something worthy of a ban (thinking back, I'm surprised some of my posts in AC forum didn't get me banned TBH).
    I feel you about the fanboyism, AC/ACC has grown so large it's impossible it wouldn't end up this way. Seems like many of the active AC modders and "old-school" AC forum members have moved on from this forum, so mostly it's just ACC fanboys :D

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  6. I still like AC, and consider myself a very much 'time-dependent' active modder for it still :)

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

GO AWAY, AND STAY THERE!
    you full of denial kid.

And take your wip W125, your Jaguar (what a circus, you asked for help, you got it, then you threw your toy out of the prom), your glorious Goodwood (I don’t want anything from you on my hd anymore!), and your self centered ego and shoot to Mars!

Get lost

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

:rolleyes: Thats what I am talking about. And these gets me banned. All I did was causing conflict with fanboys, because simply liking build one very much and having some arguments, it is only that, it is more than childish to be dramatic about. It is absurd as it is actually fanboys attacking a fan for being a bigger fan of earlier iteration than newest.

Of course it is slightly self centered post and it is a shame. But essentially it is just an illustration how you can't have a discussion where most understanding is based on beliefs, and not technical knowledge, arguments becomes unstable, emotional, dramatic, without any glimpse of accuracy, without attempts of being technical and complete refusal to at least assume that there could be at least a grain of truth in opposing opinion. Thats just the reason why mass market simulation (that little portion of gamers) will stop propelling forward. In fact, it is happening already. I am actually happy that it seems to be happened on AC level, and not Project Cars, that is not too bad.

Maybe I was wrong about Kunos, maybe you still can be yourself, as long as you do it respectfully. And keep away from E.A. game forum... as this is surprisingly not deleted, and I am not banned at least yet.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Zzzzzzzzzz

liakjim likes this.
  10. Using the word fanboy multiple times in a post should be reason enough for a week long vacation, but whatevers....plz fix whatever is causing the s1 version of your Jag to do this on previews:
    [​IMG]

11. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

It's too shy...

Gunja likes this.
  12. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Walls of text expressing your obsession with R1 keeps reappearing without new substance or objective data of why R1 is better than R2 other than "I like it more therefore it's better".
    Don't you think that's the reason why people are tired of these walls of text?

Your obsession with R1 is by definition not much different from fanboyism where the difference is just the subject so be carefull calling out others.

nate and liakjim like this.
  13. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well first time it was about ACC R1 vs R2, and I really don't have any data, but I had some arguments, and not going to get into it here again. Then I opened a theoretical thread which was about to discuss how the car on it's limit is felt and controlled, so it was new substance, expected discussion and good arguments, didn't happen, thread deleted. Now this "not too shy" one is essentially a thread about my situation, and how I think it reveals shortcomings of community, this thread is absolutely not related with ACC as a software, it is just mentioned in my text. This thread is absolutely different substance.

And sorry for walls of text, if I was a better writer I'm sure I would be able to put this complex information in less text, walls of text is definitely not fine, but I really try to keep it compact while keeping details that IMO are important.

P.S. I'm for sure a fan. Still. But fanboy in my vocabulary is someone who praise it's object no matter what, believes religiously. Whenever somebody is disagreeing to fanboys fanatically praised object, fanboy acts in conflicting nature. Fanboys are much like hypersensitive immune system, which is so hyperactive that it attacks even when there is no harm, and actually makes true harm. Also it is driven by group instinct.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  15. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Its sad to be honest. First you avoid a ban, and I give you a new chance by simply making you wait two days. And this is apparently your way to thank us. I guess we'll thank you the same way back, so take care.

-Kevin

nate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.