1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Open letter for Kunos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Flybikes, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

Kunos, this ins`t working. I can`t see a bright future.

1 - Beginning with the concept. Trying to make just one category (GT3) I understand, but just a Blancpain? Why? Where`s ADAC for example? Why should I play this, when I can have a multi classe racing experience in literally every other sim?

2 - Again, with just one series I (which is bad enough), I would expect to be nothing less than perfect! Or almost perfect! I would want to FEEL all the experience. I want to enter the pits and have dozens or hundreds of people, in the box`s like real life. I live near SPA, and the ambience on pits sometimes is chaotic. I would like to see photographers etc. All of these are part of the racing experience. It totally changes the ambiance. We have not even 1 person in pits. And the 3 ou 4 pit crew members like in the older releases, is not enough. Not even close.

3 - This game has a lot of elements that remind`s me an arcade game. Arcade games are fine, but if this game is supposed to be a simulator, I want it to be a simulator. The HUD is huge, and you can`t remove some things like the "track competence" thing. Why the track competence can`t be turned off? Why? Any particular reason? It`s BOYOND annoying.

4 - Next, there are some things. Really basic stuff that makes me asking, if you guys are taking this project seriously. Things like when you change some things in the settings and you click on "apply". It does nothing. The settings are applied but you don`t have any feedback from the menu. And to return to the previous screen, you have to click on "cancel" . CANCEL? Are you serious? (please, read this again.).

5 - Another thing that is really annoying.. the weather menu. I spent 40 minutes on the weather menu, before understand how it works.. barely! It`s incredible how you guys can make something that should be so simple, in such a mess. "Variable Weather with Cloud cover to choose bellow? " If it is variable weather, the cloud cover, ins`t variable? It`s all very confusing.

6 - Even the keys configuration . RIP for who want`s to play with a controller like a DS4....apart from that, In my case I have a T300. So I adjusted all the keys I wanted, but the streering wheel has limited buttons. So things keys like "camera" and other functions, I wanted to assign to the keyboard (like in any other sim). NOP. It`s not possible! Once you choose the wheel as a controller, you can`t assign anything to the keyboard. So, you eventually, will have functions that you can`t assign, unless you have a steering wheel with 50 buttons.

7 - The UNREAL graphics engine, doesn't work for racing games. Sorry. It`s true. Even on EPIC at 2560-1440, you will see jaggies and pop ups all over the place. It`s not a good bet for the Assetto Corsa name.

PS - Props for the sound team. Amazing.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions My Open Letter For ACC Jan 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Open Letter to Kunos - my opinion on the 911RSR-gate Mar 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Open letter to kunos regarding oculus rift support Jan 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Open letter to the community, this time from a dev...?! Aug 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartement: open letter to kunos simulazioni and the community Mar 22, 2015
    Suggestions An open letter to ac team Aug 30, 2014
    Suggestions Kunos, do not forget us! "Open letter" (Dev please, read) Dec 5, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 3 --> No OpenXR Tookit? Nov 15, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game won't open! Sep 21, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds not opening Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa only rendering with OpenVR as a setting Jun 12, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Image quality after initial install (openxr/open composite) Apr 20, 2023

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

15:53-16:04

Aseeth and nrc689 like this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Lets start with #1, did you not check to see what you were buying, or maybe you haven't even bought it yet, and just looking to be negative.

emill910, EDDY PRIME, Aseeth and 8 others like this.
  5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

#3 - yes you can in HUD options. If you want the ratings widget gone altogether you can do this in the json file.

#4 - there are kids starving in the world

#5 - I found the weather menu quite intuitive

#6 - You may be able to use a keymapper to get keyboard working. I agree this should work out of the box.

#7 - All engines have compromises with draw distances and aliasing and tend to be quite polarising. Unreal working and looking fine for me. Remember AC had a lot of jaggies without using the sparse grid ss hack.

Aseeth, Ignacio Prieto and jaxx_za like this.
  6. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

Negative? Are you kidding? Yes. I wanted to try a "full" blancpain experience. The result? Not even close (by a mile).

Vadder_Morgana likes this.
  7. So get a refund, invest that money into a tissue company and cry yourself rich.

eracerhead, Michel, Aseeth and 6 others like this.
  8. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

Exactly, unfortunately there are kids starving in the world and what`s your point? Do you want a good sim or not? It`s time to be a little more sincere and critical with all these "first world problems", so we can have one more awesome SIM, to choose from.

9. This was a pretty awesome SIM experience to me:

Aseeth and jaxx_za like this.
  10. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

Sorry, but all the replys are so defensive it makes me pity. It`s time to wake up don`t you think? RFACTOR 2 or even AC 1 with sol is out there. Don`t you want another good sim? So stop flattering the developers and tell the true. I like RF2, and I can tell the UI right now sucks for example. So what? And before this thread closes, I`m out. I already made my point.

Oh, another thing Kunos: When in the menu, I choose a 3 Hours Race Event for example, bellow, I can choose the duration of the race. Example : In the 3 hours event, I can race 6 hours, and in the 6 hours race, I can race 3 hours. It does not make sense. The race time in this events should be locked.

Again, props for the sound team. Amazing. Bye Bye

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

You can assign up to three functions to a single button on the wheel, this is something very cool that I discovered recently. You first need to assign the 'special shift button', then you can use button combinations shift + button. You can also assign a function to long-pressing a button. Other than that, there is the on-screen MFD menu. What I did on my T500 RS was to assign the D-pad to navigate the menu and one button to 'confirm'. Quite a few things can be used through that menu, so I assigned to wheel buttons just the things I need to change on the fly like TC,ABS, engine mapping, flasher. Works quite well.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    DiRTMark likes this.
  12. aaaape

aaaape Racer

He likes rf2 yet he's here complaining about graphics and out of the box rf2 isn't great. You gotta plunk down some funds for Sebring and the other expansions. Rf2 is great I love it but it's got some serious shortcomings lack of good content out of the box,and ui sound amd graphics aren't great. And this might piss some people off but ac with Sol looks amazing and it's awesome what they did for ac but ain't no way it looks as good as ACC and if you think it does you need an eye transplant

13. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

IMO your expectations are totally off and many of your complains are simply ridiculous. Best graphics, sound, physics and FF in one package.

DiRTMark, Aseeth, F1Aussie and 3 others like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ok they will abandon this now as its not approved by you, why call this an open letter as if it makes your opinion somehow more valid lol.

Ever heard of f1 series, GT1, GT2, Rally games, MotoGP games, GT legends, GP legends etc. Also there is multiclass Spa had gt3 and national class. :p But multiclass or multi categories aren't the only way.

Everyone would want perfect, nothing is. Kunos record shows they will greatly improve it beyond v1 looking at AC development. Hows Rf2, Iracing, Pcars, R3Eetc in this regard?

To remove that you must be competent around a track, simply do 4 clean consecutive laps on the track in any car to show your competent enough to move on from the most basic rating assessment. Also all hud elements can be removed but again if you cant do 4 clean laps in a row maybe your looking for a simpler arcade game.

The general UI is a bit crappy this is true, lots of room for improvement in this area, timing, results and session info.

Very confusing, variable but based along what condition. Sunny to cloudy to stormy, this way you don't necessarily get 100% random weather but pick any level then raise the variability percentage and it will use your base weather setting less in its calculation. Its really not that difficult and that took me maybe 30 seconds to figure out so your running about 80 times slower then most people. :rolleyes:

Extra bindings to keyboard will be added, its an issue but you have good mapping options to controllers already with advanced settings able to map 3 or more functions to 1 control input.

It has its limitations but its pretty darn good at what it does and if the limitations are addressed it will be unlikely to see a better looking sim game.

At least you like something, but there are clearly other options for you going by your preferences. Please tell me which game/sim has all this covered perfectly and if so why are you here as you dont like Blancpain and only want multiclass racing which rules out a good majority of sims and games.

nrc689, Aseeth, F1Aussie and 5 others like this.
  15. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I also don't get this AC Sol comparison - also came up in SIM Racing Paddock's review of ACC where he was questioning whether Kunos should have stuck with the original AC engine and developed something like Sol.

The results from UE4 are plain to see, and it will only get better as there is a dedicated team adding features to UE4.

There is a reason that everyone from KartKraft to Raceroom devs are keen on UE4. Besides, judging from the 0.7 release I think Kunos have proven that UE4 is very workable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I stopped reading here. Not only, is it clear you have no idea what you're talking about but it's the arrogance of posting such drivel that amazes me. You're literally telling someone how to run their business. A+ arrogance that's for sure.

DiRTMark, nrc689, Coanda and 8 others like this.
  17. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Well, this full open letter is a bit over the top, in particular coming from a rookie (I mean in the forum). I'm a rookie too, and I try not to send open letters to anyone, because I don't want to say something ridiculous. In this letter you say a few things that might sound ridiculous to some ears.

But to all those that reacted defensively to this letter, as if this rookie were attacking Kunos (and the rest of us were here to defend KS), just a little reminder that the 1.0 full release is actually a minefield of bugs and errors (which all of us have suffered in a mayor or minor scale).

If only, you can blame @Flybikes for the way he writes (you should never write in a forum when you are upset with the game, or it will sound -it does- like a tantrum, and the readers won't pay attention to the content but to the tantrum) (I've done that, that's why I know)

He's got a few good points, that are arguable. 1.0.0 (or 0.8 which is what it really is) is shambolic and a mess. I play it because when it works is just fkin awesome imo. So I keep racing on it. But it is rushed, it feels unfinished, and you cannot blame people for reacting this way.

I think is positive that Kunos understands that people is upset and willing to abandon the game after just a few hours. It really is frustrating sometimes... it's very Italian... it's a lot like owning an Alfa Romeo...

SP: and you, my friend, really need to check your tantrum level when you write, you sound like a teenager that doesn't want to eat the carrots, I swear you sound like my son.

18. baboon

baboon Alien

It is what it is. The game will not be perfect. There are many things about it I don't like, and many I do like. I know there's reasons why the product is how it is now, but I don't have to think about it and I don't want to think about it.

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Although I think a lot of your points will be a non-issue when you've spent more time in the game and have figured out how things work, I think it's also important to hear what it's like for people who might not have spent much time in-game and on the forums searching for answers to some of the points you're making. It shows some of the hassles new players have when first starting out in the game and why they might stop coming back to the game or even ask for a refund.

bieroX and eRacer212 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.