1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oh really? Open letter to the community, this time from a dev...?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You could only keep it general tho, in most cases it wouldn't help that much and would create a messy car.

Not all understeering and oversteering are caused by the same things. It depends how it happens. You can fix those with camber, toe, dampers, ARBs, ride height (rake), diff settings, wing, pressures, driving style, etc... Not so simple ;)

VenomSRT likes this.
  2. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I completely agree with Aristotelis.

I am trying (hard) to find a place to learn about different tracks for the leagues that I'm in and there is nothing. If I find a hotlap of a real driver explaining what lines to take that is good.

I wish I could have a place where I could ask what is the guy who is 3 secs faster than me doing differently.

3. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Dear Aris, the lack of "driving thread" is due bu the nature of this forum. This forum born as "support forum" so with time this has been the place for gameplay and technical discussions. But as said before now are more than "bug hunters" or "features sekeers", now we are a communtity so we need to review the forum organization to have what you ask for. A tech part, community part, etc etc
    Hope this can help...

Ninj'd by thousand peoples lol

LeDude83 and TCLF like this.
  4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I really couldn't agree more with this. Driving cars are fun for driving and drifting. racing cars are fun for racing. (from both some might find it fun the other way around as well though)

The main reason I "complain" on this forum is because I bought it as a racing simulator, the driving aspect is near perfect, but the racing aspect is just far too low priority. Now I do have to say, you have a very good selection of racing cars. Also lots of gt's. But here is the problem. GT's are pretty much ment for team and/or endurance racing and multi-class racing. First off there are only a little amount of pit slots making multi-class pretty boring because of the small grids, then you get to hear that driver swaps are so far low on the priority list, that it's not being LOOKED INTO before the console launch. What the hell is the point of the gt cars and the upcoming lmp cars then? If you guys wanted to make a driving simulator, don't put in your title of the homepage that it's "your racing simulator" and "The most realistic pc racing simulator". If you don't want to look put in endurance racing, don't add in GT's and VLN BMW's, add in mx5 cup cars, v8 super cars.

Don't take me wrong though. I love AC. But if it doesn't do the things right, it says it would do right, I will try to explain why I don't think that that's right and how it can be done right in my eyes.

If everything was reasonably alright I would be talking about driving and racing instead of putting massive amounts of energy into trying to explain and think of stuff to make this game fun (In my eyes).

5. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

The feeling I get from this Forum and said more than once by forum mods is that it is mainly a AC Support forum.
    The actual driving talk (set ups, racing lines, pit strategies) are happening on Sites that organize Online racing leagues or Team forums.

If you build it, they will come....
    [​IMG]

D1visor, VenomSRT, Octane and 4 others like this.
  6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I do have to give a thumb up to the community here in this thread though. Lots of people trying to explain in constructive manner why it isn't like aris wants now and how it can be achieved to get it like aris wants.

7. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

I know but would be nice. And i do not talk about fine tuning to be 0,1 second faster. I talk about the main setup connect with trucks and condition of race. You imagine one day ( a dream about) we get wet and rain. Well we need wizard setup. I do not know what to change in setup! And to be honest AC Is a simulator but has also a look to semi/arcade users, specially with landing on ps4 and xbox. AC must be a strong real simulator in deep code but with nice userfriendly interface to not frustrate the 90% of users that are not alien sim racer professional!

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

sooo..

whens 1.2.3!!!

lol only joking yeah i agree, and im probably guilty of that in some way or another..

soz, btw i love your new AC.. the one from 1.2 :))

9. GothaR

GothaR Racer

Honestly I discuss these things with my friends and members of our Czechoslovak AC community. We organise little leagues and share the knowledge. I don't know why, but I never felt like this forum is the place for that and I think it is because there is no special section (as mentioned). Usually people just discuss bugs and "bugs" and talk if it should be like that or not.
    One little tip I learned from Live for speed: if you simulate something, let user know that it is simulated. The best example are the tyres. Please create an official app (not dev app) that will show complete status - temperature, pressure, profile (amount of "usage"), blistering, graining, dirt...
    I only recently started to use Car physics dev app and was surprised by how much graining affects my tyres. I knew it is simulated, but I didn't expect it has such big effect for cold tyres. So if you want to prevent people complaining about correct physics, let them know what you simulate in user friendly way. Don't be shy, show off :)
    Good example is track grip which can be seen at least in pit menu, I would like to have separate app for it, but that is just a detail.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    rycil, VenomSRT, Pascalwb and 9 others like this.
  10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

lot of setup sharing/talking on Racedepartement .. official forums tends to have complaining character as devs (or designated person) kind of have to follow/ moderate them ...

11. Not the same then. When it rains for example, you usually want a slightly softer setup, slightly higher ride height (if low to the ground race car) and a bit more tyre pressures to limit aquaplaning.

12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's out now, restart your steam :p :D :D :D :D :p

Thanks everybody for the great discussion, keep it up.

13. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

@ Aristotelis: Have a good time with what we have, yes new futures are welcome... but with 600 hours in game, I feel like be on early beginning of all what I get - and like it. A lot of combination to have fun with.
    I remember some words from "Game of Thrones":D: We all want something, when have it, we want more. It's true...oftentimes. So this is human conduct...
    New subforum for passion is welcome.

Vel likes this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

aristo

brilliant!

15. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Meh, I suggested that like a week ago (or was it 2 weeks?). Not sure if someone of the staff (mods, devs) even read that suggestion.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/extra-forum-section-for-setups.25143/

But it would be nice to have another forum part called "Secret tips and tricks"
    and then as sub-forum parts it'd be nice to have
    - Setups
    - Track driving tips & tricks

@Aristotelis @Lord Kunos @kevin.maatman @Si3v
    Maybe a nice thing to do? ;)

burrito and TCLF like this.
  16. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

GPL days are still here. We didn't go anywhere. It just sounds like you left.

Tony74, Fat Rich and shrapnel1977 like this.
  17. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

jasjeet likes this.
  18. NeverKrash

NeverKrash Hardcore Simmer

Thank @Aristotelis for sharing these thoughts which a lot of us share.
    It gets a bit tough for us modders too who may not have the financial incentive to maintain the motivation when the first thing we see is "the back end is sliding. fix it" or "I will shelf this car until you fix this", and so on when the game provides more than adequate opportunities for the user to make a difference.
    AC has gone in the right direction with the plethora of setup, ffb, race options, and it's up to all of us to go back to driving the game.

burrito and richard thompson like this.
  19. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

All I want is a password protected server with even cars on a good track...With password put somewhere on these forums. So I can avoid the wreckfest. :( I am getting a bit bored of chilling at nordshleife. :D

Did somebody really post cold tires as a bug? :D

20. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Let me get this straight. AC is a driving sim? What does that mean? It's a hot lappers sim? Racing isn't important? I'm not a hot lapper. All my PB's have been qualifying for a race. Racing is everything. Hot lapping is just qualifying, or ego building.

You want AC to become a complete sim? Work on the racing. Fix the AI, and offer some championships with all the cars and tracks for a full season. It's what helped GPL last for 17 years.

Being a good racers is much more than taking the proper line.

TwoHardCore and Pascalwb like this.