1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Open Source sim rigs based on SimCraft motion simulation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Erik J, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Erik J

Erik J Rookie

Want to help make some of the best DIY rigs around so that we all benefit? Want to give back to the community? Interested in open source?

SimCraft makes what are probably the most realistic full-motion racing simulators out there. They used to have a DIY arm where you could build your own from plans they supplied and then use their motion simulation software. I've been working with them to open source their old DIY rig designs (hardware). These are full-motion simulator cockpits made with 80/20 T-slot aluminum.

I have some of the files as we speak, but a bunch of clean-up is needed to get the 3-degrees-of-freedom (3DOF) design to a point where it's easily usable by anyone. The community effort is initially focused on the hardware side of this design, but eventually, it would be great to develop an open-source software control to drive the motion.

If you have any CAD skills, are interested in writing documentation/assembly instructions, have web design skills, or are interested in building/testing the cockpit designs, let me know! You can PM me on this forum.

If you have questions, please ask in the thread or PM me!

Open Source is free as in speech, not free as in beer. No one is paid to participate, but everyone is free to reap the benefits.

The project homepage is https://opensimcraft.github.io/

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    Tracks modding [wip][open source] aul gal gp track v0.3.1 (110915) - rtblender Aug 27, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Netcode should be open sourced Apr 18, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 3 --> No OpenXR Tookit? Nov 15, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game won't open! Sep 21, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds not opening Sep 15, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa only rendering with OpenVR as a setting Jun 12, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Image quality after initial install (openxr/open composite) Apr 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.9? Open bets on this year? Apr 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal Error opening game online server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error with open composite Mar 13, 2023
    ACC Audio EVERY TIME I OPEN THE GAME THE AUDIO LEVEL GOES TO 100% Feb 2, 2023
    ACC General Discussions My Open Letter For ACC Jan 24, 2023

3. Erik J

Erik J Rookie

Progress update --

We are currently trying to convert the original Sketchup files into something that can be used with FreeCAD. Unfortunately, Sketchup is a mesh-based file and there's no real way to go straight to FreeCAD with components. This means that the entire model likely needs to be redesigned.

The first design actually is a 3-degrees-of-freedom (3DOF) chassis. Its specific folder is here:

https://github.com/opensimcraft/theta-8020-3dof

I need to upload a BOM/spreadsheet later that has all the "parts" and 80/20 machining codes which can be cross-referenced to the original ketchup model

All of the 80/20 parts are available as STEP files which can be imported to FreeCAD. I have zero CAD skills (I can barely navigate in a CAD program). There are two other gents who have CAD skills but not the time right now.

If you have CAD skills and are interested in helping the project, please hit me up.