1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Opinions - new #beta server testing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kevin.maatman, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Can you possibly elaborate on what has changed at all Kevin?

2. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well, shortly said, the way the server handles the packets. In the current version the tcp packets seem to get stuck for some reason, Stefano has been working on this and changed the way the server handles the packets. I assume we'll release more info once the update is out, as for now its just a beta we're testing, nothing definitive

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Sean, D1visor, Jack Bancroft and 5 others like this.
  3. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Thanks for the info. Seems like a good step.

4. Ästhetiker

Ästhetiker Racer

I just drove a few laps on #Beta and it was very stable and got no warping or lagging.:cool:Only one time a dude got pingvariation out of the blue and it ended in just one lag/warp. You did a really good job. The server wasnt complete full, but it had traffic even with some "highpinger" and it was a pleasure to drive. The only bad thing about this is, that you now have to update the vehicle/suspension movements to get a nerverseen online experience :rolleyes::D
    btw.
    I noticed that my bp laptime wasnt updated in the leaderboard but it was valid in RSR.. Dont know, maybe i was off track:confused:

Attached Files:

5. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

Just tried it (Nords+GT86) starting alone and finishing with around 15 other players. The bigger improvement I noticed it's that now stuttering/lag its almost unnoticeable when someone joins (or even joins and gets kicked by mismatch). That used to cause me problems in other servers. Other than that I was able to race close to people with 350s pings without problems.

6. D1visor

D1visor Alien

So #1 to #7 is where beta is running on? Must test ASAP!

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I just did a few laps in the GT86 at Nords, with some guys with ping 300+ (like me) and 160. The movement was pretty fluid and stable. There was a little bit of sideways drifting of the car in front, but nothing sudden or unexpected. I didn't see any sudden warping backwards and forwards.

8. kevin.maatman

All the official servers have it, so #001 to #007 and #BETA

9. kevin.maatman

Hello Guys,

I would really appreciate if you can do us a last favour

Server with name:

AC Server #BETA by RackService.org

Is again online, if you can please spend a few minutes of your time, join the server as we need to fill up 32 slots to see whether the issue is "found" or not.

Thanks in advance.

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Server seems to be unavailable now, can´t type in chat, but I see cars on the track and going in and out of pits. Pretty jumpy though, all over the place, ping is listed as ok.

Ah, empty now.

11. baboon

baboon Alien

In the last test (with official exe) there was heavy lag/warping before it finally went down.

12. kevin.maatman

Hi

The tests did not go as expected. The issue seems to happen however im not sure whether its a machine issue or a acserver issue this time. Apparently other hosts are able to run 30 players fine, so we should be able to do the same or better, however something is struggling.

We will do more testing tomorrow, so far thanks everyone who spent more than 1 hour today helping us very appreciated!

Robert Tesch, D1visor and ears1991 like this.
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

10Hz did allow 32 players but pings were rising slightly and cars were quite 'shaky' on track.... not smooth and contacts were like old versions. When someone's connection got less than perfect, they began warping a little, whereas recently it's been handled quite well.
    I'd be interested to see what 11-15Hz was like.

I'll set a server up tomorrow (Monday) evening, 32 slots Nords tourist if you could join and test.

It will be called STRESS TEST SERVER

14. kevin.maatman

Hello Guys,

AC Server #BETA by RackService.org

Is again online, in another machine with totally different specs, if you can come in around 18:45 GMT + 1 would be appreciated

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  15. kevin.maatman

Tests start in 40 minutes

16. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Joined yesterday 8/11 Ac server #Beta by rackservice. Org with Gt86....
    Worked fine for 3mins then Cars flying and connection unavailable....

17. kevin.maatman

Yes correct, we';re trying to reproduce this issue again in a different server, if you're available please join

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The server is saying needs password?

Also, its not displaying a ping.

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

It just shut down again.

edit: not sure if it will be back up again

20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Could join in now, too, if there is still demand. Sorry for being late.