1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

oversteer correction techniques wanted!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by hans rosenberg, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Dear Simracers,

I just started playing simracing and I have questions regarding oversteer. I hope some experienced people can answer my questions. I've been searching this forum for an hour and could not find the answer. If my question was answered in another post, please send me the thread. My main question is: What 'sensory' inputs do you use to detect it, i have a list:

1. Visual, you see the car is rotating more than your steering input (I find this hard, or this is too late. If this is the way, what should I look at)
    2. Some ffb feeling in the wheel (are there any settings to make this feeling obvious if this is the way, what do you feel in this case)
    3. Anticipation (just by driving many laps, you know when you're getting into trouble)
    4. Can you hear something about tyre squeel?
    5. Something else or a combination of 1-4?

My problem is that I detect it too late anc consequently end up pointing in the other direction. I have a G29 steering wheel..

Some other info: I have no problem correcting oversteer in a real life kart, so I understand what to do basically

Best regards,

Hans Rosenberg

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Physics 1.6.4 Porsche GT3 II massive lift off oversteer Dec 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Massive oversteer during braking/turn entry phase Nov 17, 2019
    ACC Physics Turn-in oversteer at high speeds May 31, 2019
    ACC Physics Oversteer when throttle release May 31, 2019
    ACC Physics MoTec oversteer/understeer reading Mar 13, 2019
    ACC Physics cars overheating front brakes and oversteering in multiplayer Dec 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals t300rs no understeer, rumble and very late oversteer Nov 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Lambo: From understeer princess to oversteer monster Oct 10, 2018
    Chit Chat Room suspension vs ARB to combat understeer/oversteer Jan 23, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres FWD - on power oversteer? Nov 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lift off oversteer in tyres V10 vs tyres v7- Aug 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Oversteering in FWD touring cars Jun 12, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Snap oversteer like PJC NOW Feb 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Recovering a oversteering MR car... Dec 1, 2016

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

In my humble opinion it’s not the initial keys of imminent oversteer that makes you correct a slide. It’s the second move you have to point your attention to. To catch the so called „tank slapper“, the moment the tires REGAIN grip. That’s the crucial part kicking most untrained people off.
    Unfortunately I don’t know how to feel the degree of rotation needed to catch that through ffb. I think I just got used to it... to me there is no clue for that whatsoever through the wheel. Just try and error.
    Hopefully I’m wrong with this, so I can learn something here. :)

paul_wev likes this.
  4. Thanks Ace, indeed you are right, the moment that grip is regained is a big problem, but one I think I can train on, i notice getting better at that after a number of hours of driving. I intend to 'attack' the problem of oversteer in steps, the biggest struggle I have right now is that I simply become aware of oversteer too late, and then even the most catlike response is too late to prevent a 180 or more :) So I'm really curious how the pros detect it quickly enough.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Get a loose grip on your wheel, you know, the 3/9 grip, and concentrate on EVERYTHING you do!
    The slightest of slip events should give you instant! information through your wheel. But much more reliable should be your visual feedback!
    It takes time (months and even years!) to get yourself accustomed to these cues....
    Don’t surrender, nor give up!
    It’s worth putting all that time into it.
    Enjoy.

paul_wev likes this.