1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Overtaking one on one

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Patrik Marek, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I guess I was hoping that AI would be smarter and evade, like real person would do

2. The only way the AI could have avoided you though (unlike in that video, where there was plenty of room for the blue and yellow car to go) would be by hitting the brakes, which could then cause a large pileup with the rest of the cars (note: the same could happen if it was a field of real drivers).

Marcel Pfister likes this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well, thanks for all the insights,

while quite a few people disagree, it's good to see that some people agree with me,
    luckily this was a game so doesn't really matter

4. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

I raced many series in GT5 and GT6 under the auspices of the GTP OLR and it's pretty specific about corner rights and how and when to overtake. In this case, I think this would apply:

IMO, if I was the following driver, I would have seen that the ahead driver was struggling for control but would have realized it was the first corner, likely cold tires, and would have simply hugged the inside of the track and adjust my pace to match his so as not to create any overlap and risk contact. Absent of a major driving error, which I don't believe this was, it's the responsibility of the following driver to avoid contact. It makes sense since the following driver is looking directly at the lead driver, whereas the lead driver would have to look in his mirror, mid-corner, first lap on cold tires and then adjust to avoid contact. That doesn't work in sim racing which is why the GTP OLR puts the onus on the driver with the best view and best chance to avoid contact. If you can't make small mistakes without being run into, racing in the virtual world sucks quite frankly. Erring on the side of caution makes fora better racing experience for everyone.

5. It's 1st corner on 1st lap as far as i can see, that means cold tires and everybody wanna get infront and win so the adrenalin is also pumping a bit, and then you choose an very awkward line at the same time.
    If you watch the video in a slower speed, it's clear that you have a good amount of room on your left side, but you choose to go towards the indside of the track (off throttle for to long maybe?) and at the same time the guy(AI) on your inside is accelerating, which most do about corner apex.

It looks like you suddenly decide you're a lawnmower and moves towards the grass as fast as possible, the other driver thinks he's racing and don't care for the lawnmower or the grass.
    I'll say both drivers makes an honest mistake which can happen.

Sure the orange car should have been more carefull, and yes the contact could have been avoided, but i still wonder why you choose that weird line.

If it had been an online race and i was in the orange car, i would probably have been going for the overtake judging by how far out you are in the beginning of the corner, of course more carefull (you can clearly see in the video the orange car not touching the brakes at all) and then when you were going towards the indside again i would have been forced into the grass and not made a clean pass.

Contact would then have been avoided.
    At the end of the day, it could have gone much worse than this little tap.

6. gcflora

gcflora Racer

If I had to make a judgement I would say that this incident could have been avoided by the orange car and, therefore, if anyone was "to blame" it was the orange car. The orange car had plenty of time to take evasive action and yet didn't apparently do anything at all to avoid contact.

7. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

If I would have been the orange car I would have been annoyed. I dont think there was plenty of time to react for him. There was enough space for both to drive until the E92 decided to cut the line on corner exit within a fraction of a second. The E92 driver looks over exited wiggeling around, not keeping a line. This often annoys me in multiplayer when I have to brake hard to avoid contact caused by bad driver in front, and then watching how he drives away because I got punished for his mistake. Guess its a regular incedent and not intentional, but frustrating for the orange car nonetheless.

8. Paule_NLC

Paule_NLC Hardcore Simmer

I think the orange car can´t do anything against the collision. Your line is very unexpected and you had plenty of room to your left. You said you struggled with understeering and lift the gas. But the orange car went same speed on smaller radius. He must be more on the limit than you are. So it´s not enough for him to lift the gas, he should have hit the brakes to avoid collision. But if he hit the brakes on this part of the corner, he would lose the car. Driving behind you, I would think: "Ah, he saw me on the inside and choose a wider radius, becaus he is not hitting the apex." So I wouldn´t expect you "close the door" after the apex.
    You´re driving with gamepad, right? Your line doesn´t look consistent even on corner entry, I think.

9. Marcel Pfister

Marcel Pfister Simracer

To make it clear for me, i wasn't trolling, we just had different opinions and i couldn't stand that he meant that i would be a bad driver and he would avoid driving with me because of my opinion.