1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ovrtake | Matchmaking & Rankings Service Now Live

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Brandon, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Brandon

Brandon Rookie

Hello everyone! I don't spend much time here (shame, shame), so this is going to look like a shameless self-promotion post, but people on reddit are saying I should post here.

I've just released a matchmaking and rankings system for Assetto Corsa called Ovrtake. We all know how hard it can to be a good quality race in AC at times, and this service aims to help solve that.

Here is a screenshot of the main race page:
    [​IMG]

These are the main features:

Regularly Scheduled Races: Races start every 30 minutes across multiple disciplines. Tracks rotate weekly. At launch races are 20 minutes long and have a short practice session to allow time for people to find and join the server. Qualifying happens outside of the race event and is good for a week’s event.

Intelligent Matchmaking: Ovrtake has intelligent matchmaking to match you with racers of your skill. Geographic region, qualifying time, and past race performances by discipline all determine who you race with and where you start on the grid.

Discipline Scores: After each race you’ll get assigned discipline points based on your performance during the race. Earn points for Production, Cup, Sport and Open Wheel racing.

Nothing to install: Ovrtake requires no additional software or apps to be installed. Simply register for an event, join the server, and race!

---
    For those interested in the full features of the system before joining, check out this album: http://imgur.com/a/J2nGU
    --
    OG Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/4v7h6x/announcing_ovrtake_matchmaking_and_rankings_for/
    --

I'd love to have you guys try out the service. A handful of us had some great racing last night, and it was fun jumping immediately from race-to-race. I hope you give it a go.

And of course, let me know your feedback. I'll be reading the thread and responding when I get a chance!

Cheers,

Brandon
    ovrtake.com

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    GRFOCO and Tberg like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Leftovers in the Matchmaking Settings Menu Jul 13, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room LFM - Daily Race Season System with real matchmaking and ranking system May 25, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer SUGGESTION - Better GT4 Matchmaking Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestion: Guidelines or enforced rules for matchmaking Feb 16, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Suggestion: Guidelines or enforced rules for Matchmaking Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Add P/Q/R lengths to matchmaking preferences Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer 1.0.6 - Matchmaking sugestions Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Blog About Matchmaking feature in ACC May 20, 2019
    News and Announcements About Matchmaking feature in ACC May 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Come on! Kunos! No Official Matchmaking system?! May 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Another MATCHMAKING thread, kinda.. May 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer After the matchmaking problem, here's my little solution May 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions When do you expect the matchmaking, damage and penalties? Mar 6, 2019
    Suggestions Add matchmaking. Apr 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Will there be a Matchmaking and Punishment System?[+Poll] Mar 14, 2014

3. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Sounds like a great idea...

Coming from iracing I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a great service, but not everyone has all the dlc's so not everyone is able to join races.

Can you confirm there's a fee for this service?

4. Psit

Psit Alien

Yes there is. @jim jones

Nicely done, all the races state as 00:00 next race time, is that a bug ? :)

5. Brandon

Brandon Rookie

May be a bug in my JavaScript. You always have 00:00 as the next race time, even when freshly loading the page? If so, what browser and OS are you using?

Thanks for checking it out!

6. Brandon

Brandon Rookie

Yes. $3/mo t o help with server costs.

30 day trial though with unlimited racing.

7. Psit

Psit Alien

Yes, Windows 10, Chrome latest version , attached a pic.

ovrtake.jpg

8. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Thanks for the confirmation . Working tonight but will be checking it out later.

9. Psit

Psit Alien

@Brandon Just tried it on Edge and i have the same issue, just fyi.

10. SeanW

SeanW Rookie

I tried the site last night and started a qualify session alone. I lost my connection at some point and could not connect to a race. I am new new to AC and PC gaming for that matter. I find the whole server situation a bit overwhelming. There seems to be too many services trying to fill a void and all it is doing is dividing an already small community. Coming from console I am more used to a more centralized matchmaking system.

11. Psit

Psit Alien

@Brandon
    Have you found the reason for the bug i am getting?

Are any people using ovrtake , because i always see 0 people signed up, is it because of the bug or indeed no one is using it yet?

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

it sounds like a wonderful concept, thank you for all you efforts, I hope you will have enough traffic to make significant categories trying to match driver with similar lap times and ability, best of luck to you in your quest.

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I really wish there was somekind of official support on either Ovrtake or SRS, for the purpose of generating traffic alone.

Psit likes this.