1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

pc spec

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kevinbbr412, Jan 7, 2019.

1. kevinbbr412

kevinbbr412 Rookie

Hi Guy's,

been lurking for a week since I found the web site, I'm very interested in getting into sim racing, used to compete in Kart racing many, years ago, now to old to compete, so figured this might keep me entertained,
    as her indoors, doesn't want me to do a track day in our new AMG.

Not sure of which way to go regarding pc or ps4, as for pc spec, I'm a bit lost as to what would be required,
    I have found a pc with spec ,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    CCL Delta Pro GT Gaming PC
    3GB GTX 1060 Graphics!
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz
    RAM
    8GB DDR4 2400MHz
    Graphics
    GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    Storage
    240GB SATA III SSD
    1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD
    Wi-Fi
    300Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

not sure if this is good enough, what your thoughts.

many thanks

kev

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events is working again Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Create Public Server, or Class Specific Official Servers Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Speculations Sep 28, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Pace Rating - Special Events Sep 21, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Perspective correction for curved monitors Aug 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events Jun 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Frozen game... spectating teammate or any other May 29, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problem not update 1.18.11.1 fail for Specail Event Apr 29, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards No special events since 1.9 update Apr 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leaderboards, XP winning , special events etc Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special events - showing as Anonymous in leaderboards Apr 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Not work Special Event on PS5 Jan 30, 2023

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@kevinbbr412
    1. definitively PC, if only to be able to drive your AMG, probably available as a mod car, in game.:)
    2. Get a better GPU, since you drive an AMG, you appreciate performance and you should have no problem affording at least a GTX 1080ti.;)

4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Hi there,

The spec should be just fine for most modern racing titles on a single screen at 1440p resolution or lower, at medium to high settings.

If you are considering 4k res, triple screens, or VR, you would need a better GPU (and better CPU won't hurt either) to run at medium-high settings.

So I guess it depends on how you plan to race in future. If you haven't already, try VR before making a decision - it's the bees knees, and you may want to consider upping the spec if you're interested in VR.

Also check out Assetto Corsa Competizione if you're into GT3 - still in early access but it's a next gen racing sim that should also run fine on the above machine (but VR could be borderline).

EDIT: agree with the above poster - PC is the way to go for racing sims. You will also have a better choice of wheels and accessories compared to console.

5. kevinbbr412

kevinbbr412 Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts, I've had a look at the computer shop web site and their listing this, as VR ready, not sure what you mean by GPU, not bothered about 4k, just descent graphics.

CCL Ryzen GS Gaming PC
    Six Core Gaming PC
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz
    RAM
    16GB DDR4 3200MHz
    Graphics
    GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Storage
    240GB SATA III SSD
    2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD
    Wi-Fi
    300Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

cheers
    kev

6. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

By GPU, I was referring to the GTX 1060 - it will run VR titles, but you'll have to reduce the graphics settings so low in racing sims that you probably will not enjoy the experience.

If you are interested in VR, I'd also say rather replace the 1060 with a 1080ti at the very least. These are more affordable that the latest 2080 / 2080ti, with comparable VR performance.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. kevinbbr412

kevinbbr412 Rookie

jaxx_za,

Thanks for your help,
    I think at this point in time, I'll skip the VR for now, and if you think that either of the above configurations will be suitable, I'll start putting kit together, wheel, pedals and rig and screen.

regards
    kev

8. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Hey Kev,

I can only advise as if I were choosing for myself, and from my experience it has been better to get the highest spec that I could afford at the start (within reason of course), to avoid having to upgrade in the 12-24 months thereafter, in order to run newer titles at decent performance.

In this context, I think the 2nd system would be a better choice, due to the faster 16GB of RAM ( 8GB on the previous system should be OK, bit 16GB is recommended these days). The CPU is also 5-10% faster according to this :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8yo7e5/ryzen_5_2400g_cpu_only_vs_ryzen_5_2600_720p_1080p/

I would also consider swapping out the GTX 1060 for a GTX 1070 - reason being is that I have experience with a 1070 and found it to be perfect for 1440p ( if you are planning to get a screen >24inch, 1440p would be recommended over 1080p) and a pretty decent performer if you would like to try VR in future as well.

So yeah, either system should be fine, but the 2nd system is more future proof in my view, and more capable of delivering good graphics and high fps with an upgraded graphics card.

9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I noticed that the supplier allows you to customise the configuration - have a look at the below;

I replaced the 3200mhz RAM for non- RGB 3000mhz RAM, downgraded the HDD to 1TB, and swapped the 1060 for a MSI 1070.

Works out to more, but overall I think a better performing system. Can save a further GBP20 if you down grade the case too ( which I would consider doing if you not looking for bling ;))

Gaming Case - Black

Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz Hexa Core (Socket AM4)

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8GB Graphics Card

CCL Choice 240GB 2.5" SATA III SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive

EVGA 700 BR 700W 80+ Bronze PSU

Game Max Dual Ring 16 LED 120mm Rainbow RGB Fan for Shadow & Phantom 6pin

Edimax EW-7612PIn V2 OEM 300Mbps PCI Express WiFi

3 Year Collect & Return warranty

Default Item

Changed Item

Added Item

£1,032.94 inc VAT

includes £25 customisation cost

please allow 5 - 7 days build time.

10. kevinbbr412

kevinbbr412 Rookie

jaxx_za,

Thank you very much for your input and advise, the quest begins.

regards

kev

11. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

also keep an eye out for the new GPU RTX2060 thats coming out next week , its getting better than GTX 1070 TI performance from around a £329 price.
    So it makes sense to go for that over a GTX 1070 as its better performance and newer technology so should last you longer.

I'm looking to upgrade my GTX 1060 3GB to one of these cards, (for reference my 1060 card will play most sim's at High settings well over 60 FPS @ 1080p, when going to ultra it starts to struggle sometimes, for VR you need to reduce a lot of the settings i.e. no shadows , lower AA , no Supersampling etc... it still usable but I wouldn't recommend someone get it at this point if you think you might go for VR or higher than 1080p resolution.