1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PC upgrade for VR

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by jfb33, Dec 4, 2019.

1. jfb33

jfb33 Rookie

I want to upgrade my PC to be able to enjoy Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR. My current specs are the following;

- GTX 1060 6gb
    - i7-4790 @3.6 ghz
    - 16 gb of ram
    - MSI Z97 PC Mate motherboard

I'm thinking about purchasing a new GPU since VR is very demanding. My budget Is about 500$, maybe a bit more if it's necessary. I'm wondering if I will suffer bottle neck if I'm only upgrading the GPU. I think I already have the best CPU my motherboard can support. I'm looking for some advice.

Thanks in advance!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error and cant launch game with GPU upgrade [audio device] Feb 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Mar 31, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Avis/conseils pour upgrader mon setup VR Dec 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Upgrade ram 32 GB Dec 17, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Upgrade Problem Feb 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Upgrade PS5 - what about the DLC Jan 27, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Upgrade to AC ultimate edition with csp and sol Jan 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions 49" ultrawide --> upgrade GPU, CPU, or both? Aug 8, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Upgrade Suggestion Jul 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NextGen upgrade cost Jun 6, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Podium DD1 to DD2 Upgrade Question Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021

3. Hi mate,
    sadly it's hard to give you any useful advice by looking at your current hardware and available budget. Also your CPU is not the fastest one for the old FCLGA1150 socket but an upgrade is not worth the money.
    I just want to share my experiences with ACC hardware'wise at a monitor.
    The game is very demanding

I've tried it with I5-4670K@4GHz and GTX 1070 and run in heavy trouble as far as I added AI's or join multiplayer. It's simply not smooth and enjoyable. Heavily CPU bottlenecked.
    It was alot better after the change to I7-4790K@4.4GHz but my mainboard died.
    So I've had to upgrade my system. Mainboard, RAM, CPU, CPU cooler for alot of money.

After changing half of my system my CPU is chilling around and now my GPU is the limiting factor :p

So I don't think just the GPU upgrade will make you happy. Especially for a VR built.

Greets After_Midnight

4. jfb33

jfb33 Rookie

Thanks for your answer After_Midnight. Maybe the better plan is to upgrade my motherboard and CPU first and upgrade the GPU latter. My main problem right now is when I play online, so maybe it's CPU related. When hotlaping I can get good FPS with the proper graphic setting. The image is not very clear, but it's acceptable. There's also the option to build a new PC but thats way more expensive.

5. You're welcome :)

It sounds like you're CPU bottlenecked because it suits my experiences with the I5/I7
    System load with the I7-4790k@4.4GHz (right side HTT on / left side HTT on):
    [​IMG]

Maybe you can share a screenshot of your current system load while playing.

If possible I'd go this way. Maybe a complete new PC will be less expensive than an upgrade of mainboard, RAM, CPU and GPU.

But please always keep in mind even users of high end systems are complaining about the look and performance of ACC.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  6. jfb33

jfb33 Rookie

How can I display system load like on your screenshot?

7. I'm using MSI Afterburner. Should include Rivatuner. With Rivatuner you can display the systemload while gaming.