1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PC2...is it worth buying now?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AlfaGunner, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Hi all, I know this is the AC forum obviously, Ive been out of the loop for a while, and I'm just wondering what the current state of PC2 is with updates etc and is it worth buying now?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost the last 10 days worth of progression!!! Jun 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it worth it Apr 16, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Worth upgrading from Ryzen3600 to 5600x? Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Unloved 11900k worth it ! Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions is ACC worth getting on normal xbox one Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Worth my time? Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is a formula wheel worth it Jun 14, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer was this kick worthy? Oct 8, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Just lost a week's worth of driving history in safety rating Jun 21, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Used Fanatec CSW V1: is it worth it? Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW V1: worth it? Jun 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions GPU - Worth trying with a GTX 1060? Oct 11, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Is AssettoCorsa worth it if i dont have a wheel? Sep 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room worth it? Mar 10, 2018

3. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Perhaps post in a PC2 forum?

Mogster likes this.
  4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Maybe ask in the 405 page thread which is about Pcars2, located in this very section of the forum; 3 threads beneath this one ;)

5. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Amazing reply lol....I want to get the opinions from AC players on FFb etc

6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Just do it as I did:

Read here: Project Cars 2.

Watch some videos on youtube and read comments.
    Wait until it reaches a certain price you'd like to spend on that game. (I haven't purchased it yet.)
    And/or:
    You can also test it via Steam but 2 hours may be a little bit too short
    Somebody can share the game with you via Steam Family ...
    There are lots of lots of possibilities.

No need for another thread here IMO.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    After_Midnight and Dookie like this.
  7. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

8. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

If only demos existed nowadays....

9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

wait for patch 3.0 is what i recommend.

10. Art-J

Art-J Gamer

It's way too early for such question. The game has been out only for a month and a half. It's only at the beginnig of post-release patching and polishing process. Based on experience with its predecessor (or AC and rF2 for that matter), I'd say it's more sensible to wait about year and then make a decision. That's what I'm going to do.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I bought PC2 at launch and don't regret it but if I was buying now I'd definitely wait for patch 3 and the autumn sales. F1-2017 and Dirt 4 have already had sales so I'd be very surprised if PC2 wasn't discounted (by maybe 30%) in the next few weeks. If you are really cautious then Art's advice is good.

12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If you ask me, then no. Patch v2.0 didn't change a lot compared to v1.xx and it's still to expensive.

From what I read, there is a new large v3.0 patch coming in the near future, that supposedly addresses a lot of the current complaints about AI and the online ranking system. Apparantly we even get a changelog this time. I'd suggest you wait for that patch and then a week or two to see what the people across the different fora (forums?) think.

13. Munckmb2

Munckmb2 Gamer

No, I had fun initially with the rain and night thing. But almost every car just bloody oversteers for no apperant reason when driven on the limit. Yesterday I did several laps in AC in the Porsche GT3 rs. Then I did the same in PCars2 and it is just horrible. The graphics are still very nice though but the driving is less fun. I'm now at the point of regretting buying it.

sissydriver likes this.
  14. mister dog

mister dog Alien

It's going for 30 bucks on Cdkeys at the moment, game still has minor issues at the moment which are a bit annoying (AI speed not consistent across all combos, setups saving a bit buggy and online needs some work), but it's nothing game breaking IMO. It's my go to sim nowadays, better than AC in some areas, not so good in others, but it's the only one currently offering this much content and features packed in one game and it has day/night + weather.

You're on loose setups I suppose? Try loading the stable or OEM ones for a start. Also test different tyres and if you have the knowledge tuning the cars works great to counter any odd behavior on default.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  15. SunBro

SunBro Alien

This. The game has some bugs at the moment. The content, the feature set, it's all there but some online and offline bugs exist. Wait for the 3.0 patch. If they fix most of the issues like they claim, get it during the xmas sale on steam. Something tells me we'll get at least a %20 sale.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Do we really need another pCars2 thread, one is not stinky enough?
    Reported.

Psit likes this.
  17. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Keep it to one thread.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.