1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Pedal calibration feature request

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by moniker_a, Aug 26, 2017.

1. moniker_a

moniker_a Rookie

Hello there. I've posted previously here and submitted a bugs report through 505 about the lack of calibration options in the console version of this game.

Unfortunately, my load cell brake pedal consistently registers a small amount of pressure no matter what I do with the hardware components. In every other game, including Codemasters and SMS titles, I can easily dial that out with deadzone and other options. Is there any chance these options can be added?

I'm a big fan of AC's driving feel, but I rarely boot it up these days - definitely not as fun knowing I'm on the brakes all the time. Thanks for the great sim - hope the console versions get closer to the PC title in this respect.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Pedal calibration Oct 6, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Pedal calibration Mar 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T3PA Pedals Conical Brake Mod Calibration Sep 20, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 brake pedal - why no Calibration menu on console version? Jun 16, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Pedals not being recognized in calibration wizard Oct 7, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Pedals Calibration Sep 14, 2016
    Suggestions We Need Wheel / Pedal Calibration Aug 31, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Pedal calibration Aug 26, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues how to enable automatic pedals calibration? Apr 12, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec v3 brakepedal calibration Feb 13, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues ARC Team pedals [Windows calibration needed] Nov 27, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Have you tried to push the brake all the way down down a couple of times while being in the garage? I need to do that every time i first start the game.

4. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

I have the same problem (x1, fanatec csl pedals). I have to calibrate it on pc. And you dont need to push all pedals down to calibrate in game when you have fanatec pedals.

5. moniker_a

moniker_a Rookie

Yep, I've tried that several times. But it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Good to know someone else has experienced this. Hoping they can do something to help in a patch.

6. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Do you have fanatec pedals? You can calibrate a dead zone on pc

7. moniker_a

moniker_a Rookie

Ah, I see now what you meant. No, I have modded Logitech G29 pedals. And if I recall, that has a pretty rudimentary calibration system. Unless someone with a g29 and a PC can confirm otherwise?

8. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I run Fanatec CSPv3 pedals with a Thrustmaster T300 base, connected through a CPX Adapter V2. The CPX Adapter has a "gain" adjustment on it, that I have to use in order to play AC with this setup. I play with the gain nearly maxed out, or completely maxxed out.

You might look into adding a gain adjustment to your load cell mod. What type of load cell brake mod do you have? Ricmotech?

9. moniker_a

moniker_a Rookie

Yep, it's the Ricmotech. I haven't heard of gain adjustment in that hardware, but I can look around to see if that's something I can actually do. Thanks for the new info.

Edit: In the meantime, are there any devs who can provide insight into the possible addition of pedal calibration options on the console?

10. bradleyland

Sure thing.

While I don't have a Ricmotech mod, I have talked to their support on the phone regarding parts, and they were extremely helpful. You might consider contacting them to inquire about a gain adjustment for your brake mod.

Alternatively, you could build your own load cell amplifier using a Leo Bodnar LCAMP. The Leo Bodnar webpage has specifications that you could give to Ricmotech support. I'm certain they can tell you whether it would work. Leo Bodnar support might be able to help as well.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=199

All around, I really love having a gain adjustment, even in games with pedal calibration adjustments. It's nice to be able to dial back the gain in F1 cars, while cranking it up a bit in the Gallardo S3, if you know what I mean :)

11. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

Hey guys i got a cpx adapter from basherboards to use my csl elite load cell pedals with the t300. How do I calibrate my brake? I get 100% braking with very little force, maybe 5 kg? Gain is completely to the left. I just tried dirt rally and I have the same problem there.

12. bradleyland

Hrm, that's strange. I run mid to high gain with my CSPv3. The first thing Basherboards will tell you to do is update your firmware. I'd try that first:

http://www.basherboards.com/CPXSupport#firmwareUpdate

If that doesn't work, get in touch with Basherboards support. It's possible there's a hardware issue with your CPX Adapter. There's a contact link on that same page, in the top left.

Reinart86 likes this.
  13. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

I found the problem. The brake was set to 60 by default, instead of 100, in the fanatec control panel. All is good now. :)