1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

People with i5 4460s...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SoloWingX, Sep 20, 2018.

1. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

Hello guys. This processor is in the minimum requirements. From the "signatures" under forum posts I see many of you have this processor, myself included. How's your experience with the game? Are you planning to upgrade in the near future?

If I am alone on the track the performance is great. However with 19 AI cars... it struggles. And that's before you add rain and night into the mix. Of course, with sub 60 FPS performance the input lag is pretty huge, so it's tough.

Regarding an upgrade, IF I upgrade, it's going to be a Ryzen 5 2600... of course any upgrade will be pricey due to having to buy a motherboard, RAM, etc. I am still waiting for a few newer releases to see if the performance improves (probably not much) and will probably upgrade before Christmas.

What about you? :)

2. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

I don’t have your CPU but you can lower the amount of cars shown to you, for example if you set it to 7, only the 7 closest cars will be shown and cars further away are invisible. This will definitely help. Also lowering graphics helps too

3. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

Lowering graphics or reducing the number of rendered cars would not reduce CPU stress, I think (physics still have to be calculated). Anyways, I want to future proof it, running 20 car grids is not my intention in the long run.

4. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Edit delete, not the same processor.

5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Try lowering your foliage and shadow settings to low and then remove one AI car at the time.

Ryzen may be the most affordable option, but it's not as fast and not suited for high refresh rate gaming.

However if you are planing to upgrade your GPU as well and go for 1440p or 2160p, you won't notice the difference.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  6. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

Still being a student means I cannot look at i7s, and the AM4 socket still has many generations in the future for another upgrade down the line. I was quite shocked when I looked at my motherboard what could I upgrade to and it's Haswell only. I thought it's future proof, but no. That's why I would choose the Ryzen instead of an i5 8400.

I have a 1060 6GB, 60Hz monitor, I have no budget to touch those, high refresh rate gaming is not really an option. I frame limit at 65 FPS either in-game or via RTSS.

7. LRM

LRM Simracer

Ryzen is especially good with heavy multithreaded applications, it will be just fine and more future proof than intel platform.

IA performance need optimisation anyway, so IMO just wait until the end of this year and see if you really need an upgrade.

SoloWingX likes this.