1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Physical copy anyone? :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cimenTo, Aug 11, 2014.

1. cimenTo

cimenTo Racer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Physical driver swaps in an on line race Jan 12, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Physical Condition v Sim Racing Performance Dec 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Pit Crew Physical Presence Needed!! Oct 18, 2019
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Mooding question. Need "Physically" explanations. May 17, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Wheel rotation not synchron (visual>physical) Oct 14, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Physical gap at Laguna Seca Dec 24, 2017
    General modding discussion Does physical surface mesh texture has an impact for grip ? Nov 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Possibility to show physical wheel ingame Dec 18, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mugello use a low resolution mesh for physical road. Dec 8, 2016
    General modding discussion Physical Spawned Objects? Sep 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Physical based rendering & 64bit ac version Aug 29, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Physical contacts with other cars Jul 17, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Backfires physically false and graphically May 31, 2015
    General modding discussion I want to get physical data from game. Aug 4, 2014
    Bug reports Competition Server not working on my Game Copy Mar 21, 2020

3. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

4. Blame

Blame Alien

Nah, there really doesn't seem to be any point to make a case with a copy in it and send it to stores for sale, nowdays most PC games are bought from Steam anyway.

5. cimenTo

cimenTo Racer

yes, but it's a nice addition to the gallery ;)
    that's what counts :D

Shrubbo and tkrisz2 like this.
  6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

there are still lot of people who prefer hard copies

nate likes this.
  7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I prefer digital downloads myself, but that looks really professional. Should be good for people who likes hard copies. Kudos!

8. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Hard copies offer faster installations for those of us with slower internet connections, as well as the nice addition to the collection feel. I'll DL this and toss it on an old empty case for kicks. Thanks man!

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Wow, very nice :D I wish I was this creative XD

10. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

You can make backups of steam games in case anyone doesnt know just

right click the game in steam library > Backup Game Files > Choose location you want the files to be saved in then wait for it to finish

you could then burn them to disc, to reinstall from a disc you just need steam open then click
    Steam on the menu bar of steam > Backup and Restore Games > Choose Restore a Game > choose where the backup is created > click next
    this will re-install the game to steam.

I do this with most of my steam games so its quicker to reinstall them from my HDD backups rather then downloading them even though I have quite fast internet with no caps.

NOTE: When doing a Backup it saves the game with its current patches so if you were to backup AC today the backup would be on version 0.21.13.

So any later patches would have to be downloaded if installed say in a few months time due to a format or whatever the reason maybe that your re-installing from a backup :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    A.r.e.s. and InEffectMode like this.
  11. cimenTo

cimenTo Racer

possibly 1.0 will be on the disc later :)

12. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I'm wondering whether a hard copy would make sense or not. Don't know the costs and viability of this but I reckon Kunos would pick up quite a few more sales if people saw this on the shelves of their local games shop. Then again, sim racing is quite a specific taste in gaming so maybe it would just be unnecessary cost. Either way, nice box!

13. Soulvex

Soulvex Hardcore Simmer

Very nice, looks great.

14. There's still a market for physical copies. That looks really professional. I would buy it.