1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics and FF frequency

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jajp999, Mar 31, 2016.

1. jajp999

jajp999 Gamer

Out of interest what rate do the physics engine and FF updates run at in AC

Are either linked with frame rate??

Thanks in advance if anyone knows

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC User Interface Simulation is not only the physics!!! Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Blog The ACC V1.9.0 physics notes document Apr 19, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is it possible to change physics values in game with Python? Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes in MP endurance race UE4 & Physics (12h) Mar 12, 2022
    ACC Physics ABS problem ? Physics ? What happened here ? Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Сar does not move [Duplicate report from Physics] Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 400hz physics refresh rate. Nov 24, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics issue with road cars in AC 1.16.X Oct 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Realistic physics? Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Physics Contact/Crash Physics Apr 28, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 vs PC: Difference in physics Jan 10, 2021

3. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

333 hz IIRC

4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I don't think they're linked with FPS.

5. Physics engine is running at 333Hz. FF is running with the physics but it's "jumping" steps as set by the parameter: FF_SKIP_STEPS in assetto_corsa.ini , the default is 1 which halves the frequency of the physics so at ~150Hz .

WallyM, Glaurung, Cote Dazur and 2 others like this.
  6. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I turned the 1 to 0 to see if I could eliminate any skipping, should I revert this back to 1 for AC 1.5?

7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

you did it now or you are already playing with it set ot 0? is it improvement or cant tell?

8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I've been using the FFB at 0 for a while, was just wondering if I should revert it since some FFB and physics improvements are coming in the next update.

9. 0 is fine (it's actually better) but not every wheel can handle it that is why we default to 1, it looks like a good safe frequency.

Phil64, Glaurung, Cote Dazur and 2 others like this.
  10. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Yeah, I set it to 0 after I purchased a Thrustmaster T300RS this December...not sure what you're experience is with that wheel, or if 0 is healthy for that platform, but I'll revert it to see if all is well :)

11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

T300RS used to be 125Hz update rate (8ms delay) wheel ... I think it was updated to 500 though
    My crappy DFGT which has 500Hz (2 ms delay) rate is running 500Hz refresh rate (and 360Hz) just fine .. I`ll try to set the skipping to 0 .. thanx

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Is there a way to test this, something like those mouse tests out there?

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep T500RS was updated to 500Hz in september 2015 (fw V43) so if somebody was trying it and it didn`t work for him, now it could be fine :)

EDIT: oh sry I mixed up T500 and T300 .. T500 was updated .. I don`t know about T300

@kofotsjanne: got no idea ... but you have DFGT right? so you should be able to run high rate fine ...

14. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

So what's the T300?

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

sry I mixed T500 and T300 ... don`t know about T300RS ... no update was done so if it was running 125Hz like T500 from the start it is probably still 125Hz ..

16. rubenforos

rubenforos Gamer

for T500RS is better change the parameter from 1 to 0?

17. mtlclutch

mtlclutch Gamer

anyone know what the g27 max update rate is?
    Also want to thank LORD KUNOS for often replying to our silly questions :]
    Never experienced such great connection with a dev before! I will now and forever throw money at my screen

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

G27 has 500Hz rate ... just like DFGT and G25 ...

deni80s and Glaurung like this.
  19. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Yes! Means the wheel doesn't delay any forces I believe...samples them all at the same rate as delivered by the physics.

rubenforos likes this.
  20. OliW

OliW Racer

What about the accuforce pro? What settings plz?

21. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I checked, couldn't find the wheel's update rates, but I imagine they're over 200, it's sim-grade wheel. You should probably be able to set the FFB skip steps to 0 and have 1:1 FFB.