1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics and FF frequency

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jajp999, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

2. It's actually very simple:

At first put FFB-skips to 0.
    - If stuttering, FPS troubles or CPU occupancy message, revert back to 1.
    - If no issue, leave it that way and have fun.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks for killing the thread. :(

;)

Mike1304 and sacredaardvark like this.
  4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I've heard some people say you should run with v-sync off to get a better FFB, is that incorrect?

5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but isn't a higher FFB frequency "better"? How the heck does an ancient wheel like the DFGT have 500Mhz while the fairly modern T300 operate much slower? Or am I mistaken with how things operate? Also, have any DFGT owners changed this setting to 0? Are you satisfied with the results and keeping the setting set to zero? Or are you reverting back to 1?

6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Higher mean information are sent more often... So it is better..
    I will change it to zero today, but running 500hz in AMS was quite difference compared to lower rate in GSC..i dont know if it was just that 500Hz or if they did more changes but it went from good to best (I will denied saying this if quoted but even better than rF2 :) ) ... Subjectively, with some placebo effect probably...i will compare 360 with 180hz AMS is offering now as well as full rate vs half rate in AC
    Will report later...

7. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

Incorrect in the case of AC where the physics and graphics threads are independent, correct for the games where physics is refreshed with each frame.

I have a DFGT and 0 set in the ini file. Honestly, I can't tell the difference but it certainly isn't worse.

P.S. 500Hz, not MHz, it means the wheel is capable of doing 500 adjustments per second. Basically like fps, only for wheel movement.

deni80s, Andrew_WOT and ALB123 like this.
  8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Good to know. I'll wait until after the v1.5 update to try it for myself. Thanks for the response.

9. Jake Toox

Jake Toox Hardcore Simmer

Well, i have DFGT and just tried with skipping set to zero and frequency 400Hz.....the wheel feels much smoother than before. Next i'll try it with 500Hz.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Isnt the frequency automatic?

11. the frequency line is not doing anything anymore.

LeDude83, deni80s, Glaurung and 2 others like this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Your are not gonna try 500Hz or even those 400 if game is ticking "only" at 150 or 300Hz. No matter what wheel...
    You could try 500 in AMS (i think now only 360), I think rf2 has one of higher rates and LFS too

13. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

Placebo par exellence! :p

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe they should add a placebo level in the ini file, people can raise that sucker to meet their placebo sensitivity levels. :D

Kyo and ericRacer like this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Hilarious :D

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its not sure it was placebo, it might have been the difference between FF_SKIP_STEPS 1 and FF_SKIP_STEPS 0 he felt.

17. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Well who knows.. It is like saying 120fps is not smoother than 60fps, it is just placebo :) ... You can test your placebo sensitivity in ams where you can go down in few steps (multipliers) ... My bet is you will be able to tell difference between 100 and 360 (or 500 if it is still possible)

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, placebo would be if the fps counter showed 120fps and the game was actually just giving you 60fps but you would still feel a difference between when it showed 120 and 60. :)

I think people use the word placebo without knowing what it is. :(

sacredaardvark likes this.
  19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I know what placebo is... But if could be that even with rate 360 there is objectively no noticeable difference from 150 but you cause of placebo are convinced it is easy smoother ...

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But Stefano said this:
    So one of the lines he had change was apparently not doing anything anymore. With that said its possible that it was the ff skip or whatever its called, that made him feel a difference and not straight up a placebo effect.