1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics differences AC/ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by chargingcar, Feb 21, 2018.

1. petesky

petesky Simracer

out of interest Lord Kunos is it harder/easier to program for UE4 then the current engine?

2. it a different mindset, we programmers had to spend more time figuring out how the engine wanted us to do things rather than write the actual code to make those things happen.
    Day to day quality of life went a bit down for the programming team :D , the engine is HUGE, small modifications require very long compile times compared to AC1 that was built for fast iteration and was quite a joy to work with... that means A LOT of coffee breaks, lot of cursing a lot of opportunities to get distracted while the damn thing builds.. but, all the frustration pays back once you see what the graphics guys are able to put on the screen and realize it's all worth.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Great to hear you guys are heaving a geek-gasm time with the new engine, although frustrating at times. The modders will love the unlimited track sizes. Right? They will love it, no? :rolleyes:;)

4. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Thanks for clearing the physics side up Stefano and this new 64bit math sounds amazing good luck with the full implementation of the product!

Nick Moxley and La Gonorrata like this.
  5. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

I can already see RTB made track mods of Wales - all of it. With 2648326394037 textures and 2TB download. But rF1 visuals ofc :D

Harvey015, Kristaps, Phil64 and 3 others like this.
  6. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

arthur666, luchian and chksix like this.
  7. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

I believe he was referring to the actual 64bit math been 100% rock solid so no issues regarding the vibrations and track issues at great distances ,
    no game can support unlimited track sizes everything is limited to triangle limits and textures , but within reason hes saying there is a massive improvement in which is awesome news! :D

Schnipp likes this.
  8. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Typical Kunos way of doing things.
    Defining a new standard by making an incredibly good physics engine,...and then hiring another physics developer to help improving it further

9. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I will probably get a lot of flame for this but i'm actually incredibly happy about this part. Physics part is the only part of AC that i could not let go. Everything else can and should be made from scratch. If you take operating systems for example: if you just keep updating the core code, it gets bloated/outdated after a while. So you guys making everything from the ground up while keeping what makes you guys so legendary, is a HUGE step in the right direction. I already added the item to my wishlisht in steam, will buy it the day it comes out. Can't freaking wait to bath in the glory of unreal engine with your infamous physics.

If any of you guys want to have a vague idea if your system can handle the new engine, download unreal tournament. It's free. At least it was the last time i checked. And it looks sooooooo good. So so so so good. Mega choice kunos!

10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Havent played a single UE4 based games where my OCed i7 2600k wouln't be a bottleneck (PUBG, Squad, Paragon). Wish it's not the case with ACC. Also they don't seem to support MSAA or SGSS, while other antialiasing modes provide a blurry mess, which means you need high res screen or increased resolution scaling which is not good for performance.

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I just updated from 2500k to 7600k and an MSI gaming Mainboard plus fast RAM. Should be decent enough for physics but about the graphics in rain/night I'm not so sure. Here's hoping that the new engine will generate decent visual quality at reduced settings.

12. TDS

TDS Alien

look my system, i'm NOW able play SQUAD full 80 players servers flawless with super sampling a 2.0....locked 60fps.

13. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I'm kind of thinking in the same direction. With ACC we'll actually get the best of both worlds.

My take is, that there wont be another game similar to AC1 in the next decades. Only Kunos knows how well the single DLCs sold, but from the looks of things, the majority of people is going for the modern stuff.
    Well I cant blame them really. With exception of the iconic cars, I'm not even remotely interested in most old cars of the 50's and 60's, when my father was young.
    So why should the young folks of today be interested in the cars of the 70's, 80's and 90's?

However, the 250F , the 250GTO, the GTO, the F40, the C9, the 49, the F1/367, the 33 Stradale, the Yellowbird, the 90's DTM cars, Clarks 25, Sennas 98T, the Sport Quattro, the Countach, The F1 GTR, Bellofs Porsche!!!!, the 911 3.0 RSR, the 908, the 917...they are all there for those who like them, forever!!
    I know I'll be taking for a spin any of those glorious oldtimers for years to come, if not decades. The physics are great, and so are the graphics. For sure, there is progress still with GPUs getting even more powerful, but AC1 will still look very decent in 10 years from now.
    After all, it's not 1998 anymore, when I thought GPL looked "really nice", and Quake 2 looked "phenomenal" with my new Voodoo2 card, when 3D rendering was in its infancies.
    It was a once in a lifetime chance for AC1 to evolve into what it finally is today, but it happened!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Well I just purchased a new Asus ROG G752VS OC laptop last week with 64gb ram and a 1070 8bg with a unlocked i7-6820k , so im golden also running maxed out ultra settings in AC currently averaging 90fps with Gsync with a full 24 car grid , single player running 120fps like silk :D:D

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I have been following posts about performance since V10 and I havent been able to figure out why many users even with high end CPUs e.g. 8600/8700k have bottleneck and fps drops in high intensity/player cramped fights compared to V9, while some say they have fps improvment. There is around 30% fps loss compared to V9 in these situations for many users. My system used to run at stable locked 60fps, now I get constant drops to 45fps in cramped fights or particular maps and its not GPU related.
    Either way your system is pretty strong, that it runs Squad at stable 60fps is not something to be happy about, considering how the game looks compared to AAA games and that it needs considerable amount of super sampling to not look blurry or aliased.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    TDS likes this.
  16. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Is that a subtle hint towards Assetto Corsa Starman Adventures sponsored by Tesla as your next release?

17. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Man, by reading this, I get so hyped for the Early Access!
    Rain physics incoming!
    [​IMG]

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Seems pretty accurate to me...

Fremen_78, Coldrake1, kikie and 20 others like this.
  19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Turn 1 Spa be like.

Not enough simulation value.

[​IMG]

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think the only Unreal game I own is Rising Storm 2 (the Vietnam one) however I think that’s Unreal Engine 3 based. It runs ok on my rig.