1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics differences AC/ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by chargingcar, Feb 21, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What do you mean? The word "evolution"?

2. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I literally mentioned "ffb gain" but now you talk about "heavily damped" wheel. If you enter a corner with a wheel with too high ffb gain, you will be struggling to turn it initially just to set the car in into the corner (the car has nothing to follow itself if there are no undulations into a corner) and therefore fight it.

3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Haha!

Well...conceivably ANY percentage of gain will mean that the car will resist steering inputs...the only value where the car would not resist would be 0, lol...gain then refers to how quickly the car rights itself, and how much torque resistance you steer through. Honestly...watch Formula 1...hell, mid-corner with "stall torque," that wheel is oscillating like a son'*****, esp. at tracks like Barcelona, Silverstone, and the Nurburgring. Pretty high torque resistance there! They seem to steer through it fine.

A factor missing in the discussion is athlete training. Gain strength/wheel torque strength is not a static thing, influenced not only by itself but the strength of the person turning the wheel. To an untrained person, I'm convinced the steering in any performance car would feel somewhat alien and over-reactive, relaying information not in road car suspension. But to the trained driver, the strength of the wheel torque is less, considering they train to steer in high-risk situations. Bottom line: what seems strong to you and I isn't as much to a race driver.

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wonder if ACC will have lower temps than 10C. As tempepratures are very likely to have more impact on grip when surfaces are wet, especially getting close to zero degrees of celsius.

And very high temps might make wet surfaces not as dramatic, as they should dry quicker, or even get wet in a longer span of time since rain begins, because water should at first cool down the surface (would evaporate instantly), before it would really get wet. Unless I don't get it how the world works, which is always a possibility.

5. unknwn

unknwn Alien

It's not missing, he mentioned himself that steering can be adjusted per driver requirements. I would expect that RL driver is trained for what he hoes and he chose ffb settings that he considers comfortable to him so it doesn't need to fight wheel, but still conveys enough details to feel the car. There is a margin where additional force/details doesn't give you value, especially if you can get exhausted just be wheeling the wheel even then you are not pushing the car to race pace levels.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

That has definitely put doubts in my mind about there only being GT3 cars. However, surely it means that if they make substantial changes they won't have to update and check 170 cars. They will only have to check X amount of GT3 cars?

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Which at basic level are all the same one car.

AC physics are very universal, so many cars in AC and all feels so good. Perhaps they could be even better if they were designed specifically for one type of cars. Hopefully AC physics development in ACC won't make the physics engine less good for classics and road cars aka the awesome cars. I hope they will have a few secret cars in development of ACC, so the physics won't end up being not so awesome for other cars than GT3s. GT3s are evil.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Umm... no?

Coldrake1, nfsw55, pippo10 and 3 others like this.
  9. Since the thread is about differences regarding physics, @Lord Kunos and/or Aristoteles:
    You wrote about that the only part that could be carried over to ACC has been the physics, let allow me some questions about it:

1. Will ACC support unlimited camber angles relatively to the road? Means, will the cars able to flip over? Not that I like to see cars flipping over all around ;) I just want no limitations.
    2. Will the tire model support more advanced physics like rF2 has?
    3. Will the damage model allow to let fall parts apart? Tires, Bodywork....?
    4. Will a impact show the damage a the bodywork at all? Will the parts fallen off have a collision monitoring?

Maybe you can give a clear view of what we can expect from the physics?

Please no speculations from the community, we simply do not know about this.

Kristaps and Whipdiddywhip like this.
  10. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

yeah id say realistic damage is a must for a gt and endurance game, none of these tank cars that sims normally have

11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Actually we do, from the very quote you quoted about the physics being carried over.

1. AC allows the cars to flip over - why wouldn't ACC? They are carrying the physics over.
    2. They are carrying the physics of AC over. Surely this includes the tyre model. While I'm sure there will be improvements and changes to allow wet weather driving, if they were starting from scratch on the tyre physics I'm sure they would have said.

12. The cars in AC already drive damn close to their real life counterparts. I'm sure ACC will refine and improve and attempt to blur the line between real and virtual even more, but there is no way that the physics/ffb is going to feel night and day different between the two titles.
    How much athlete training do you think Joe the Dentist does on any given day? (and yes, Joe the Dentist drives three hours stints just like the Pros)

morpwr69 likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

If Joe the dentist races GT3 cars for a hobby I’d say he has enough motivation to visit the gym once in a while, otherwise fatigue will get him in those 3 hour stints.

14. Joe the dentist has to be in good enough shape as to not succumb to fatigue from the mental stress and g forces of racing, but he isn't pumping iron every day so that he can manhandle the wheel. The wheel that a factory GT3 driver has already stated is a bit lighter than the street car it came out of.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You think pulling teeth out is easy, try it.
    upload_2018-2-24_20-37-35.png

f1webberfan, miky and martcerv like this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

If Realism is the goal, that's one thing; if immersion and intensity are what is wanted, that's another. I think that's the beauty of Simulation; the FFB can be tailored to suit individual preferences. The greater the range of the hardware, the broader the options for the player. Just having a wheel that is capable of greater force levels can increase the intensity and enjoyment rather significantly but, of course, YMMV.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  17. Hmm, missed that about the flip. I thought they cannot, checked.

I hope they will do a proper visual damage model. It would add that much immersion to the game.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

They can be flipped, they’re just not as prone to as in, let’s say rF2.

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

If car in AC flips over, then it is because of some weird reason. Another thing is that getting on two wheels is unexisting...

But when there will be only GT3 cars, then I guess it can continue to be so.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:rolleyes:

And please stop pretending AC1 is dead. It is getting a bit annoying.

anthony galmiche and SunBro like this.