1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics/FFB Feel Improved since update!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

So a lot of the small physics and FFB hiccups we have been talking about in AC have gotten better since this last update! I am so be happy right now doing a lap in Canada Gil Vil in the E30. The steering much much smoother during transitions oversteer and recovering, the front end is far more stable as it should be and everything is feeling a ton more stable and realistic. Kudos Kunos and thanks for listening to your community and improving this already amazing sim...thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Physics/ffb in assetto corsa vs iracing vs real life Feb 25, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW 2018 GT4 leaving pit box, FFB on wheel feels grainy and engine cuts out after 1 second Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    ACC General Discussions What do you think / feel about mods? Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions G920 feels weak Sep 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Meca Pedals feel 'wrong' Jun 30, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Feeling ffb Apr 7, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions AC on PS4 Races feel slower than Hot laps Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Feel of New 2020 Tire Model and Updated 18/19 Tire Model Jan 27, 2021

3. Philippeapo

Philippeapo Gamer

Now we have more forces from steering column and less by steering wheel resitance..(hope you understand what i mean..) more realistic feeling.

Colt Rogers likes this.
  4. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Yes much more...I have been wanting more WHEEL TENSION instead of brutal side to side forces pulling the wheel and making it very difficult to be precise around center. That's whr I get majority of my precision is depending on the wheel to naturally resist back to CENTER therefore being able to put small inputs around center when in a corner on the limit. I was having a hard time being able to drive like this previously in AC but it seems as though they have improved quite a lot on this and accuracy and linearity around center. There used it be too big a gap around center ONLY when counter steering that killed driving accuracy. This update seems to have really focused on something that made this a lot better and I am soooooo happy. Now AC feels like hands down the best sim out there from a physics and FFB stand point. I think they can still do some polishing on this but its leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else at this point. Thanks for all the hard work Kunos

5. Philippeapo

Philippeapo Gamer

Totaly that !!!

6. Since i wont be able to test till tomorrow, is the weird force that used to fight you when you returned the wheel to center reduced?

That would make me a really happy panda.

7. wow, haven't had a chance to go home and test yet. This for real? Sounds pretty awesome. We've been talking about it on the FFB chart app about forces clipping in the E30 just this last week. Maybe Kunos went ahead and fixed it :)

8. Well to be honest I haven't really noticed a huge difference. Maybe a little less "snap" correction? But I think this one might be more of a placebo...

earlyapex, Queequeg, pigsy and 3 others like this.
  9. 3316V

3316V Alien

Wow! The F40 S3 with slicks is the most amazing thing in a simulator ever now. In the Nordschleife I fear for my life :D

Slick tires are VERY different (much better) from the previous version. Thank you Kunos team, best update so far (apart from content updates).

William Sebastian likes this.
  10. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

There is a difference for sure but I think they can still do a bit more on the snapping issue. I think personally the wheel feels much more naturally resisting to CENTER instead of full opposite lock like before. They are on the right track at least.

11. vivd

vivd Racer

Ran the ring last night and it just felt better,kinda tighter.

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

This is why I wish the developers would give a little more information than just "physics changes".

sebionz, 3316V, Queequeg and 4 others like this.
  13. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

No I don't think that is a placebo. I felt the better response to snapping situation before reading any feedback about it and I wasn't expecting any change in the ffb from the change log (mainly because this time I didn't understood any single line of it :D )

14. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I've onlu tried a little bit but it definetly felt like there was lot less clipping, which would of course help with the slide recovery as well. Seems Kunos listened after all! :)

15. Skazz

Skazz Racer

I tried it only on my G25 so far. FFB now at 70% (a few patches ago it was 80% for similar clipping amounts).

Drifting snap feels better even on the G25, exiting drifts feels more comfortable, more analogue.
    The GT2/3/4 race cars all have a different standard tyre (medium instead of soft or soft instead of supersoft), so it's probably that more than anything, but I was finding zero issues keeping the back end in check and beat all my previous best times around Nurburgring GP. I love jumping in the McLaren GT3 after driving the Z4 GT3, such a different steering rack speed and feel through the wheel, in line with expectations and a lot of fun to adjust to.

I will attempt to lug my PC over to the T500RS at some point this weekend, see how that feels :)

Queequeg likes this.
  16. I took the E30 drift edition for a spin on the Dragon Range drift track and found it easier to recover from drifts than before and less snappy.

I then tried the E92 standard car but it felt the same, but I'll try the drift edition later.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

..and once again,

Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\dx11.ini

line:

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0

Change value to 1, boom, ffb as it should be :)

Still wonder why this value is set to zero on some updates?

18. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

This makes quite a difference ! In a good way :)

19. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Its better to change it in the driver so you dont have to change it everytime.

20. Abominus

Abominus Racer

I'm not at my computer at the moment. Could you please explain the effect changing that value has on the force feedback? Thanks.

21. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

It sets the maximum number of pre-rendered frames to one, lessening visual lag and therefore making FFB sync better with what you see on screen.

Abominus likes this.