1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 physics of some cars !!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by billelstar, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Post a video when you driving it. That way we can find a solution.

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Doesn't matter, the physics are the same.

3. Here is a lap of the Ring using the default setup (which has street tires) on PC for reference:
    (I am not fast or anything, this is just to show how the car drives on PC)

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Tyre pressure affects lateral grip as well, I´d think? And what you say about the "stability" issue sounds mainly like a longitudinal grip issue, which becomes very apparent with a car that has such an aggressive throttle reaction. As soon as the rear tyres are overloaded with longitudinal force, you won´t have any reserves for lateral forces on the rear tyres, so the rear axle will become loose.

In short, experiment with tyre pressures, and make sure your tyres are warm enough (Well, that´s still an issue on console, sadly?) before applying torque in a low gear.

Gears are important. If you drive a real car at 70 kp/h you´re usually in 3-6th gear, in a sim you are often in 1st or 2nd gear, which is a whole different matter with such a beast.

All that said, I´m not a big fan of that car myself. People may call out blasphemy, but it has not too much appeal to me. It´s interesting to drive, but I have limited experience with that one.

Edit: Why is this one filed under suggestions anyway? Looks more like a topic for discussion to me.

5. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Trust me if this is a pc's version i can tell you that it's not the same physic anyway..you can't drive by this way on ps4..i am sure about it

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Can u make a video?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

As you can drive EVERY car, as you stated before, I must truely take your word on it.:rolleyes:

8. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Yes i will of course o_O

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have only really driven the stage 3 version on the medium slicks, it's a proper horrible thing, very little lateral grip from the rear, you never know if it is going to stick or try and overtake the front!

That isn't so much on power that just entering a corner, I am putting it down to weight transfer / pendulum effect combined with too much steering input. It doesn't feel right to me either, but in all honesty I have no idea what an F40 should feel like!

I think I have aborted more laps than I have finished in that event :eek: I should do a gag reel of all the spins...

The P1 is also a hateful car to drive, not fun at all, it exhibits similar characteristics but with worse steering feel!

I expect these things to try and put me through a hedge backwards, I really do, but the sense of rear grip is non existent.

The physics between the current console version and the PC are not aligned yet, there is an older or different tyre model on console right now.

billelstar likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yes, you are behind the PC version tire model wise. You are on tire model 7, and some, not all, cars on PC are on tm 10. Not that much of a difference though. And definitely not an excuse for bad driving!
    Get your heads around, this is not your casual, go to, driving GAME. It's a hard core simulation you must invest some time into!
    I have almost 1800 hours on the clock, and still endeavor new aspects of driving each time I get on the track!

It's like with all the males. All can drive well, and are superb when it comes to bed time pleasures. Though 99% are wrong with that assessment...;):p:)

11. Also the F40 is still on V7 tyres, no changes physics wise from the console version to PC just now.

12. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

F40 s3 Default setting
    Unit : km/h
    At 90 kh/h (55 mph) gears 3 ,without pressing accelerator the rear slides and i dont feel any control of car

Stability system : 0%
    TC : factory
    Abs : factory

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Driving like that will have the same result on PC.

14. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I dont think so..i am not a new driver..i have at least 2000h on simulation game since gt5

Look informations..under video

15. Yet you went in five car lengths too deep, on cold racing slicks....

And I have over 2000 hours just on this game, just sayin'

Ace Pumpkin and kofotsjanne like this.
  16. Mate, nothing happening in that video is unusual... you're getting oversteer, but you're waiting too long to countersteer - that's it, its all in the user inputs.

And just because you have 2000 hours in sims (or Gran Turismo), it doesn't magically make you able to drive an oversteering car round a corner without having to correct it.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The first video, that is what I meant with lowest gear possible.
    You hit the throttle at low rpms and it takes time till the turbo kicks in and then the torque breaks traction.
    Try 2nd gear and it should be better.

And the F40 is a car that needs to be corrected fast.

18. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Yeah but its unreal..even my car (210hp) dont slides at 70km/h !!! F40 is hard to drive i admite it ,but on AC (ps4) it's undriveable !!
    I dont have any problems with other cars,u dont find this strange

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If F40 are giving you issues, do a couple of laps with the Shelby Cobra.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This is totally what I expected ;)
    I do not want to pick on you, but you really should read this:

https://www.amazon.de/Ultimate-Spee...8&qid=1474220324&sr=1-1&keywords=ross+bentley

You are simpley over driving, and you don't know the heck what to do about it!

Welcome to sim racing :)

Mr.Mugel likes this.