1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 physics of some cars !!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by billelstar, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its only sliding once you give it the beans and the turbo's kick in, completely normal and is completely controllable if you have the skill to manage the oversteer. Or, if you want to avoid the oversteer, use a lower gear and keep the boost up to you don't get a surge of power. And learn to apply the throttle very carefully, don't expect to be able to just press it like a button.

And I have no idea what you're point is about a 200bhp car, its obviously not going to behave anything like the S3 F40...

jonnyboy_99, Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  2. Cold tires are the biggest culprit in your first video, but even once they are up to temp the exit of Turn 1 there is the trickiest section of the track, it is slick and you have to be very gentle on the throttle.

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Exactly, throttle control is essential on the F40.
    If you feel the turbo is lagging, ease off the throttle, because full throttle when the boost kicks in is just difficult to manage, especially if you don't have any experience with the F40 in AC.

4. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Can you tell me guys your FBB settings
    And tell me,is there any modification to do on car settings for the f40 to make it more driveable

My slip ffb is set to 0%

I am using t300rs

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  5. I use a T300; not sure how applicable PC settings are for console but I use 90% gain in the thrustmaster control panel and 80% gain in game, 3% min force, and all the effects set to 0. I also have a GYRO effect enabled that isn't available on console, but that actually makes it slightly more difficult to catch spins because it is making the wheel heavier overall, basically.

In this video I go through turn 1 at the same speed that you did; it is sketchy but throttle control is key:

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It's not so much about FFB.

It just takes time to get familiar with the F40 and what the FFB tells you the car is doing. At first it's hard to interpret when the car starts sliding, but you get the hang of it over time.

Try higher rpms and just give a bit of throttle, that'll will pre-spool the turbo a bit and makes the lag more managable.

@Michael Hornbuckle: Nice gloves. :D

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No way to help you with a custom setup if you are not able to manage your throttle input.
    Drive the stock car until you manage a "full blown" lap with it. And read the book I linked!

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats nice! In that video he can see how you using the throttle too.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Actually this resource is found for free on the internetz...

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Though the S3 uses slick tyres and imo is easier to drive than the normal F40.

billelstar likes this.
  11. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I dont need to learn anything..i dont drive with a book ;)

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You Sir are hopeless, why do you dare wasting our precious time?

jonnyboy_99 and billelstar like this.
  13. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Please console players stop listening to this guy, he has no idea what he is talking about other than the PC version so his input at this stage of AC's console life is pointless and misleading.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assists.36861/

Read this, try it, and thank me later like quite a few on wheel and controller from novice to veterans, from all over the world already have. So I can't wait to hear Ace Pumpkins troll reasoning for how auto blip completely changes a cars whole physics from throttle to brakes, steering and even FFB.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'd suggest to try Monza (or Vallelunga (Club)), it's probably a better track to learn to drive the F40. And it just takes time to learn to drive the car. I've learned that the same, hard way.
    Even Stefano said in a stream, the F40 is one of the cars they don't like, there's a reason why it's called a beast. From time to time or with changes they need to do FFB-calibration settings where they have to drive all cars for a couple of laps and there are a few nobody wants to do this with. At least Stefano said he doesn't like the F40.

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

o_O

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

As always, you don't know what you are talking about :D
    Auto blib enabled? Get lost you noob! Just checking you are worthy of my ignore list, dude...

17. You're not exactly helping you're case...

You say there's an issue with the cars physics - everyone assures you its fine so you then proceed to show us a clip. The clip clearly shows no issue with the car, just the lump of meat controlling it. We offer suggestions as to where you are going wrong and how to improve, then you throw it back in our faces and claim you don't need to learn anything. Good job.

18. the biggest issue with console players is they expect it to handle like forza or GT :eek::oops:

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  19. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

So please tell us how auto blip affects paddle shift cars and how auto clutch locked in multiplayer isn't breaking the physics system please. Also after that phallacy give us explanation for why paddle shift cars stall with no throttle in online lobbies....champ...

FYI all you pc guys insulting the OP and others are being reported, you're not helping and being downright disresepectful.

20. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

Relax man i dont throw back anything in your faces..i appreciates all your answers and trust me..it help me to find an issue..i just did some modification on car settings,increase value of slip ffb from 0 to 20% and i got it..i can actually handle it much better ..i ´ll show you a video if you want to tell me if i am on the right way :p

Thank you guys and sorry if i have appeared nasty :)))

Dookie, Ace Pumpkin, Gevatter and 3 others like this.