1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Picking your opponents (AI) / Setting difficulty level (slide bars)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Jan 15, 2017.

1. @P73

@P73 Simracer

There are races where the AI selection is badly balanced, such as the case where the Aventador races against the P1s and LAFs. There's no way to be competitive in this case. Maybe the Aventador would be a better match for the Ferrari GTBs or McLaren MP4s? There's always an option to race against the same model cars, but it'd be nice if I had the chance to pick different opponents with similar level of competitiveness, as I wished. Is there a chance such feature could be implemented?

Besides, it would be nice if the difficulty level could be managed via sliders, since sometimes the difference between going from medium to easy is astounding, such in the case of the Lotus 49 or the Maserati 12C; With 'medium', I can hardly keep up with the AI cars and lag far behind, while with 'easy' I race alone, far ahead of them. My major difficulty is keeping up with some of the Formula cars in 'medium level' (both vintage and modern); a slider, if implemented, could help me keeping close to them while I gradually improved my skills. To me, neither staying far behind nor too ahead is of much help for that.

From reading this forum I know there are other priorities requested and I'd be glad if the suggestions above could come at some point in a future update. But I really hope they come, since it seems they already exist in another platform and are important features for those of us who like to race in SP mode.

Thanks

DatNoiseV12, Mauler_77 and ZX636 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Not Picking Up G920 Oct 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Help Picking Car for Upcoming League Jun 17, 2021
    ACC User Interface Units, Spaces and Nitpicking Mar 11, 2019
    Chit Chat Room rip my gtx770, picking new gpu need advice. Aug 2, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 918 Steering wheel (nit-picking really) Nov 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ok so i might be a bit slow picking this one up, but i never knew this before.... Nov 22, 2015
    Suggestions Picking opponent's skins Sep 4, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2023 Season Opponents not correct Mar 27, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting No Multiplayer possible. Opponents staying in Pitlane Nov 25, 2022
    ACC User Interface Warning popup when changing the number of opponents Mar 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ai opponents removed from private lobbys Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Invisible Opponents Jan 3, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues "Opponents Visibility" *New Idea* Nov 8, 2020
    Chit Chat Room AI opponents tanking VR frame rate Sep 27, 2020

3. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Be great to have this, and would be more like the PC version. I don't know why they chose to have preset difficulty levels on console instead of the % option.

AI is still quite unbalanced, as I found out racing the 962 short tail where the AI on Alien is far too slow due to heavy braking being used by the AI all the time. Can't have a decent race in this car because of it, whereas most other times the AI is very quick, and as stated, sometimes there's a massive difference between even medium and hard, and the open wheelers really are tough to beat.

I hope they haven't settled on the AI as is, for it still needs some work, definitely in terms of balancing.

@P73 likes this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Hypercar is precisely the class where aventador should be. The difference in speed with the P1, Laf and 918 is much shorter than competing with fast supercars like 488 or GTR Nismo, where the Aventador just race alone. In real life, aventador is just as quick as the P1, 918 and probably faster than LaF in nordschleife for example.

Agree with the sliders, much better solution. I believe there is an special reason why they havent implemented it yet.

5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

You're right, It's shouldn't be in the hypercar category. The only real solution, as you said, would be being able to pick the cars for our AI opponents.
    I also agree about the AI % sliders. "Easy" isn't a real challenge, but some times on Medium, there are 2-3 cars that get far ahead quickly and I'm not able to catch up with them.

PS: This suggestion by @ShredatorFIN would be the icing on the cake.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...i-allow-setting-range-of-instead-fixed.41713/

DatNoiseV12 and @P73 like this.
  6. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Sure it would be nice if anything like the suggestion you shared through the link was implemented. That would improve the balance, no doubt.