1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pikes Peaks is now a Gran Turismo exclusive

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Brownninja97, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

https://www.gtplanet.net/confirmed-pikes-peak-is-a-gran-turismo-exclusive/

One of the Dirt 4 devs confirmed that they no longer have the ability to license the pikes peaks.

In other words it means there for the most part we will likely not see Pikes Peaks in another game officially for a while.

Several people of the internet were asked on what they thought about this, everyone in the world thought it was a bad idea.

Pikes Peaks in turn has been confirmed to not be appearing in Dirt 4, it somehow also hasnt been confirmed to be in GT Sport

[​IMG]
    ^A Porsche 458 Italia as featured in Project cars.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Protoduct likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Lag spikes in VR Nov 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Frame drops and CPU spikes after 1.8 update Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU spikes in session Mar 1, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fmod spikes/FPS drops Nov 11, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues Fmod usage causes lag spikes Oct 20, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds red line spikes Dec 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Little but annoying fps "spikes" Jul 23, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tracks for PS4 - Pikes Peak Jul 20, 2017
    Suggestions How to deal with players who experience ping spikes Nov 3, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC gives random spikes to SimVibe / buttkicker Aug 21, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Trying to debug abnormal fps drops/spikes Oct 28, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge lag spikes and cpu occupancy warning Oct 10, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Extreme lag spikes while in controls menu Oct 1, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Kerbs and abs massive ffb spikes Sep 25, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Force feedback spikes while braking Aug 14, 2015

3. Turk

Turk Alien

How would that work? Isn't Pikes Peak a public road? Is it the local authority that holds a license? Did google have to pay a license to put pikes peak on street view?

vegaguy 5555 and detoit like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The event will be licenced. Like Monaco and Bathurst.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

But would that mean there's nothing stopping someone else making pikes peak as a public road?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  6. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I believe so.
    Like Azure Circuit on PCars.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The modern Pikes Peak isn't that interesting anyway, ever since they put tarmac on the whole thing.

More hill climb tracks would be very cool, but you don't have to go to Pikes Peak to get a good track.

8. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

No, it wouldn't.

As public as Nordschleife, both are public toll roads.

Turk and Mogster like this.
  9. Turk

Turk Alien

That makes sense, it's basically a privately owned road so.

10. Orne

Orne Alien

Baahhhhhhhhhhhh. The Transfagrasan is orders of magnitude more interesting.

arthur666, Ace Pumpkin and Berniyh like this.
  11. esox71

esox71 Alien

Pretty much all race tracks are on street view.

12. Berry

Berry Alien

And you could buy the Transfagarasan for 30 euro's with enough political persuasion.Romania is in the middle of a country-wide protest, if you guys want to license the Transfagarasan, now's the time! :D
    I don't feel like Pike's Peak is a great loss honestly, I know it is very important for rally/hillclimb fans, but there wasn't a proper rendition in any game, in Dirt Rally the asphalt felt like driving on bi-polar clay.Since it's not announced in GT Sport, maybe they just licensed it so others wouldn't use it, while not using it themselves, brilliant evil plan :p.

Berniyh likes this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I'm sure if more hill climbs would come, there are plenty to choose from and if they are anything like Trento I will leave them well alone.

Hairpin, hairpin, hairpin, hairpin little bit of a straight change up from 1st aaaand hairpin.

^ Nice example of an Evo 6, the Lanceria Delta Evo 2 is nice as well.

Tony74, esox71 and sacredaardvark like this.
  14. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

I don't know Peugeot made licensed Mitsubishi cars :p (and pic comes from Forza 4, link may be wrong) (weird: @Andy-ritches comment suggest he sees another pic... country issue ? link is http://gtspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Peugeot-205-T16-forza-pikes-peak.jpg)

Regarding exclusive licenses, it's just a law crap, like EA years ago which hold back Ferraris, preventing any other games to have any Ferrari at all, and don't know which other (or the same, again !) company do it with Porsche (as GT need to revert to RUF too to have some).

Such thing should be banned forever for good, unfortunately, money rules the world and it won't never happened :(.

15. Orne

Orne Alien

I didn't appreciate Trento until I drove it in the 911 , up until that point I found the course far too tedious.

16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

yeah sorry that was jst me having a laugh

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you have the right car for the purpose, then it's loads of fun.
    e.g. the 911 RSR will wave its tail around like a happy dog that you take for a walk.

Really, so much fun. :D

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I was just having a laugh as well (i see the Pug)

My T500 doesnt self centre at all so drifting and constant hair pins are a PITA. I'll take your word for it though, atleast you found a use for the Carrera RSR :D

*hides*

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  19. esox71

esox71 Alien

Ahhh.....Tell me more!

20. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

If you can't beat them, sign an exclusive content licence.....

That said, I wasn't a fan in DR because of the limited selection of cars you could take up the mountain. But the track itself was majestic, admittedly.

21. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

You greatly underestimate the greed of Romanian politicians. You will have to pay 30 euros on the invoice but you'd have to put a cool 30k in someone's pocket before that.

Berry likes this.