1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit Animation: Real-Time or Scripted?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Speed RacerX, Jul 30, 2018.

1. I have no doubt that the animations in ACC will be great, I just don't expect them to better what iracing has done. (crew members having to adjust to where you stop the car, etc)

2. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Points of interest.
    1. Pit Crew Removes a layer of film from windshield
    2. Before car is raised PitMan inserts air nozzle into side of car port.
    3. Doesn't each track have its own min. pitstop time and speed limit?

3. Turk

Turk Alien

Kunos were sort of starting from scratch though, whereas iRacing had to introduce it to their current system. Would the unreal engine make things like animated pit crews easier to implement I wonder? But I do appreciate that pit stops seem more complex in ACC due to the demands of the series and making it work is more important than making it look pretty.

4. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

It will be very interesting to see how pitting works in ACC.
    :)

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

AC does have real-time/manual pit entry/exit plus pit stop "cut scene" when you're in your pit box. ACC will probably be the same.

As for animations (emphasis mine):
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/

You'd expect Kunos to improve pit stops in ACC over what they had in AC.

I doubt devs at iRacing worked eight full years on that feature. And Kunos aren't implementing visible pit crew for the first time, they can iterate on what they've done for AC.

This.

This also - but hopefully with an in-game option instead of .ini setting.

6. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

This is exciting stuff. Details like this only add to the immersion factor of ACC.
    I can't wait to see it myself.