1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit Stops

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Serge M, Apr 8, 2018.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

WallyM seems to be saying they should be randomized, my reply was to him really.

2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Saw that, I don’t believe he meant to mean getting a time randomly given to you though as he talks about stopping correctly in he pit box as well.

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well that is a good idea, because it punishes for player mistakes and rewards skill, as a good eSport should. Maybe I misunderstood the part about randomized, sorry. In my eyes stopping into correct spot, and getting gradually punished more the more you miss your mark, doesn't have anything random about it.

mms likes this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

In some way it would actually be both easier and more realistic then what AC does when you get your stop wrong as your crew will still work on the car if you mess up the stop, will just take longer. This assuming you haven’t driven in to the wrong pit box entirely of course

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

:)
    Excellent idea gentlemen, I think you have hit upon the perfect method for pitstops in simracing. (Taking longer the further off the "perfect" position that you stop)

I just can't believe nobody has ever thought of it before, is there some major drawback we are all missing?

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I mean both, as both things happen in real life. If a driver misses his marks and everybody has to move their gear a metre to the right, the stop takes a little longer, as it should in the sim.
    Also, changing tyres always takes a slightly different time in real life, as it should in the sim.
    Why not make pit stop timing as realistic as possible?

Ernie likes this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I said nothing of the sort. Don't put words in my mouth. AC has simcade elements, like every sim in existence - think disembodied start lights on screen, auto-pit limiter, cars don't stall etc. Things that don't exist in real life. Fixed length pitstops is also a simcade element that doesn't exist in real life.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Not sure people will accept a non driver controlled variable time. I agree that if it can happen in real life then it should be able to happen in the sim though. Possibly also something that can be enabled and disabled. Some things from real life have their equivalents in sim racing though and don’t need to be simulated, like PC crashes/disconnects to car failures, whole other thing though

mms likes this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

Umm, ok, since when individual features are labeled as simcade? Anyways, since you don't consider games with simcade elements as simcade, ACC will be a fine sim with fixed length pit-stops ;)

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I agree variable length pitstops should be an option, for people who don't like realism, similar to being able to disable tyre wear, for example.

I also agree that random mechanical failures have no place in a sim, because they are exceptional circumstances and relatively rare in real life (and already have counterparts like connection loss). Every pit stop is a slightly different duration in real life, however.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes, but when it's slower, it means pit crew effed up, shaky hands, slipping with a tyre. Not because of some RNG tossed a unfavorable value. People forget, that in real life races are won by TEAMS not by drivers. In games, there is no team. Only drivers. Losing a ACC top level tournament that you can win money prizes in, because your AI "teammates" that don't even exist (but are just simple RNG value in the sofware), effed up? Sounds incredibly stupid, sorry.

But I've made my point I guess, useless to repeat we just disagree here

MatthiasR. and mms like this.