1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Planned development?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TAM Spencer, May 17, 2014.

1. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

The development time line on the main Assetto site is well out of date, and although i think giving times of release for future develoments that are way off is probably not the best idea (look what happened when MP was a week late ! ), a proposed feature list would be really nice.

Kunos must know exactly where they are going with AC, it would just be nice to know what features are planned for the future without the need for any deadline line dates that would heap pressure on Kunos.

If this exists somewhere then i apolagise for the needless post and ask if somone could point me in the right direction, thx guys :)

Juergen Herrmann likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard support planned? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Geplante Driver Swap Rennen. Interessiert? // Planned Driver Swap Races. Interested? Feb 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions is there a planned damage model? Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars DLSS planned? Sep 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Any further enhancements planned? Aug 15, 2017
    Suggestions Non-laser scanned official tracks planned? May 13, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Are there any planned updates / fixes on PS4? Nov 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Another update planned for 1.3 ? Oct 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room No planned sound updates - short-sighted ? Feb 3, 2015
    Suggestions [Might already be planned]More achievements as game gets more content Jan 13, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Leaderboard challenge planned? Jan 4, 2014
    General modding discussion Is the M1 Procar planned? Dec 19, 2013
    ACC General Discussions What happened to the development of ACC? Aug 25, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Future ACC development and DLC May 10, 2019

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

have you even followed why the update was a week late? they worked their asses off to get it out ASAP. ofc that slows down development for future updates. a bit ungrateful from you IMO

4. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Lol what ??? you obviously did not read my post at all, i wasnt saying that at all, i was saying the MP was a week late due to normal coding problems that arise when doing somthing like this and a lot of people with no patience went nuts for no reason.

The "Development timeline" im talking about is http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/22403/Assetto-Corsa-dev-timeline/

Iam not talking about times at all, i think it would be unwise to talk about time with a sim like this, i just wondered if there was anywhere i could see what features were planned , i.e flag system, pit stratagy system for long races etc.

Read what i wrote in context, it wasnt hard to see where i was going with it.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Juergen Herrmann and jonnyboy_99 like this.
  5. arnzzz

arnzzz Rookie

@Craig Spencer.... Don't listen to him, he trolls these forums looking for reasons to disagree with people. It's getting pretty annoying now.

On topic.... I completely agree that a planned feature list would be fantastic, I also apologise if we have missed one. Times and dates are not what I'm looking for, just an idea of future content so we know what to look forward to☺

@TCLF I am not trying to pick a fight but you do come across as if your picking away at peoples valid ideas and opinions all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Juergen Herrmann likes this.
  6. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Exactly m8 :) , it would be nice to see a little bit of thier future vision.

btw. damn trolls everywhere

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Well I think we know what the program is for the next 12 months anyway.

Delivery of the free content we know about then delivery of the DLC content stepwise I'd imagine. What further timeline can the dev's provide?

I've no doubt they have vague ideas for long term development, stuff they'd like to do, but its probably best to not make them public so early in case they don't work out as planned. A lot will depend on the level of commercial success I'd imagine.

8. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Im not interested in times of release , I was simply wondering is there going to be a flag system, an endurance race stratagy setup and other features like this in the future, and if so is there anywhere we could see whats planned.

I feel like im repeating myself. I was only looking for a planned feature list

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Pascalwb likes this.
  9. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Sorry, but I`m not...

Planed features and urgent needed improvements

Hopefully they have a little bit more, then "vague ideas". Would make me wondering, if not.

I believe, the commercial success would be depend on, how fast they make their plans public. Who want to buy a pig in a poke? Good communication to your customers is the straight way to success.

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

ups, my fault. the heat is getting me.

arnzzz likes this.
  11. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

I would like to know what the longer term plans are as well. We know version 1.0 is probably still a month or two away? And then they promised the DLC with 10 cars and Nurburgring for Sept if I recall? They got some other car licenses, but not sure if they are free or part of the DLC. Would good to know what features as part of the core game are part of their vision and if they plan more DLC. It would be great if plenty more is still to come for AC.

arnzzz likes this.
  12. TCLF

TCLF Alien

@arnzzz I understand what you mean. But I am not picking on people. I just respond to opinions. I simply give arguments on their opinions why things are either not not that way or probably will not be. In the end a forum is a discussing platform.

sometimes I do indeed read things incorrectly. Just proves I'm a human :p

13. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

....and proving you are actually not a troll :D

I would like just to know it version 1.0 will be before first DLC....I presume it has to be? :D

TCLF likes this.
  14. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I'm guessing it's difficult to have a long term plan for a game before it's released because you don't know how successful it will be and how much revenue it will generate for future development. Has everybody who was going to buy it already bought Early Access? Will the MP launch go well? Will AI be good enough? Will the modding community get behind it? etc. etc.

It seems like the DLC was announced as soon as it was clear the Early Access was selling OK and Kunos was presumably able to get the budget in place for more licenses (Nordschleife, Nissan, RUF, Corvette etc.).

Hopefully there will be more strong sales when the game officially launches and it'll bring more budget and Kunos can start to make plans for the future, more licenses, more features, more staff maybe....who knows. At this point it's probably just been a mad scramble to get the game this far and to stick to the fortnightly updates.

Mogster likes this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

So you tell people that you plan implemt this amazing but technically complex feature. Then it doesn't get implemented because of time, cost, unexpected technical difficulties, the programmer booking his sex change etc etc. Punters then go ape **** calling the dev's liars, threatening their families etc etc. Believe me I've seen it happen, it's not pretty.

The better way is to treat us like mushrooms, only announce stuff when it's nearly ready for prime time. If your existing product is good enough people will come. I've seen this happen with other sims/games, it's a bit frustrating but an approach that works.