1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Please add deadzone settings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by C. Morton, Sep 2, 2016.

1. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

Really liking this sim so far. For those of us who are out competing in real cars every weekend, physics and FFB that are far off from reality can be be painfully obvious. This sim seems to be really good in this area except for the large FFB deadzone when using a G29 (maybe other wheels have it too?) This really takes away from the gforce loading feel as you turn the wheel. To make it feel real, centering force should simply start very small as you move off center, and linearly increase up to the steering angle that gives peak front grip.

GT6 and Pcars with PS4 on this same wheel have very little FFB deadzone in the center in comparison, but they both have deadzone adjustment capability too. Would LOVE to have those adjustments, I'd even pay extra for it, this sim is that good!

Secondary helpful things would be
    1) Option to turn on a good rearview mirror that is there for all driving views.
    2) Would love love love to raise up the bonnet view, (maybe in car views too) -this would put see the car edges more in view and make it so you are looking down more on the corners, keeping them from just being thin slivers in the distance.

Astral_Magi likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please add telemetry and full race replay Dec 24, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add axis support to Glance look left/right! Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions please add Tobii Support Feb 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface Please add ignition light! Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Please add to championship Jun 15, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please add throttle travel check like in AC May 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please KUNOZ add again lookWithWheel Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay please add,,-radio chat-team mate is pitting Feb 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [Request] Please add a MP password... Jan 24, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Please add some more particles effects Jan 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Please add option to disable or configure shake/vibration for each camera view Oct 16, 2018
    ACC General Discussions please devs can you add trackir if not ive waisted thousands of dollars Sep 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Please, ADD Pitch configuration! Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add FFB-Sliders like in AC Sep 13, 2018

3. oik01

oik01 Rookie

This is a real issue. How do we bump this up? I can't drive well because of the huge deadzone.... for people looking for a wheel for this game.... avoid the g29 until further notice ...

Birdorf and C. Morton like this.
  4. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

I agree I would avoid the G29 due to this. I would love to hear from people with the Thrustmaster wheels regarding the force feedback on those wheels. Even better, would be someone who has used both the G29 & a thrustmaster.

5. andreabdoral

andreabdoral Rookie

The deadzone is huge diminishing reality. If you had the option to remove the deadzone would help a lot.

6. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I use a T300 wheel and yes, there is a noticeable deadzone. In a straight line there's no feel unless you move off centre. The little bumps and undulations that are present in most tracks straights go partly un noticed, but if you move slightly off centre, they can be felt.
    Take Monza 1966 full course, on the second banked turn there's a dip/bump nearly at the exit before the straight. In most cars the wheel loads up then goes loose as the car skips sideways slightly. Then, as you enter the straight it feels lifeless unless you run into the kerb or load the wheel by moving off centre again.

7. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

That's interesting, thanks for the reply. I think the G27 is a bit worse than that as you have to move it quite a bit off center before you start getting any feel. My comparison here is only to Project cars and GT6 using the same wheel. Those two sims seem to have almost no deadzone in comparison, but they also have adjustments for it. The trade off of no deadzone is usually some amount of oscillation on the straights if you let go of the wheel, but for me that is a trade off I would gladly make if the dead zone was smaller.

8. generallee

generallee Rookie

Totaly agree with this,my g29 on this game has huge FFB dead zone,on other sims this can be adjusted out why not on AC?

Astral_Magi likes this.
  9. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

I thought I'd upgraded from a T150, but the G29 is much worse! Anyone have any settings to make it playable?

10. hardvibes

hardvibes Rookie

Also for Xbox of course...

There a large piece of rubber in the Logitech G29/G920 brake pedal that won't allow you to brake properly.