1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please add witches hats to practice mode

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rudski, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Rudski

Rudski Alien

One thing that was missing from AC which I would love to see is more witches hats.

In practice mode or hotlap I think the track should have additional witches hats to indicate apexes and corner entry/exit points.

Is this possible to add to ACC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please add telemetry and full race replay Dec 24, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add axis support to Glance look left/right! Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions please add Tobii Support Feb 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface Please add ignition light! Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Please add to championship Jun 15, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please add throttle travel check like in AC May 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please KUNOZ add again lookWithWheel Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay please add,,-radio chat-team mate is pitting Feb 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [Request] Please add a MP password... Jan 24, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Please add some more particles effects Jan 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Please add option to disable or configure shake/vibration for each camera view Oct 16, 2018
    ACC General Discussions please devs can you add trackir if not ive waisted thousands of dollars Sep 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Please, ADD Pitch configuration! Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add FFB-Sliders like in AC Sep 13, 2018

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Which are then taken away in a race? Not a good idea, imho.
    I do like when reference points have to change during a race, maybe because someone (re)moved a hat or cone or something.
    But having changing markers between practice and race would just be another instance of "gaming the system", to find out which markers stay and can be used and which not.
    And another potential cause for people missing their brake point in a race, which is no fun for anyone.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think its a good feature more for AC or say an AC2 which does have trackday riding as a fair part of it. However even for ACC a practice mode with cones to mark reference points for beginners would not be a bad idea either.

Only really for say a specific session like solo practice, trackdays/open practice sessions. As they shouldnt be there for regular race weekends if they arent in the real blancpain series. ;)

Gevatter likes this.
  5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Yeah I'm not asking for witches hats for a race but during practice I think it would be a good idea.
    @ Tomas I don't think there is any "gaming of the system", it's simply an aide when you are learning a track and not to be used during a race.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its also mostly just an aid for beginners or may help some learn a track a bit quicker, personally I think it can help teach someone about reference points but in the end people need to still find their own for whatever track they will be driving. Much like the Line assist it may hurt in the long run if someone relies on these rather then finding their own and also looking for ways to improve them not forced to stick to generic ones as the cones tend to be. Its not as bad as the actual line assist in most games where many people focus purely on this and then when its gone may not even know the general direction of the layout as they haven't bothered to learn the track just follow a line on the road. ;)

Cones are only really used for track days or beginners to teach them the basics of using reference points but once beyond that level most people should be able to fairly quickly learn a new track and adjust their reference points as needed. Another key is when it comes to racing following cars closely its important to still have some other reference points as your usual ones may not be visible. This will be even more important racing in poor visibility like night and rain where you need to know tracks very well with limited visual cues.

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

In my opinion the best way to learn a circuit is just practice. You can watch videos to perhaps go into the track with some basic knowledge, but in the end it's down to yourself to learn your braking, turn-in, apex points and so on. Having cones to mark them will create two issues: first of all different people do things at different points. Your braking point will probably be sooner than for someone with more skill, and some corners even have multiple lines. I get this issue in F1 2017, where in some tracks it takes me a lot of effort to pass the track acclimatization because my lines are different than the ones the game wants me to take.
    The second issue being that when you have "artificial" references, you won't do the work of memorizing your own. Back when I played Forza on my Xbox 360 I used the racing line for a long time. When I stopped using it I realized that I didn't know any circuit at all without it, and had to go back to memorizing them from scratch.

I would be in favor of a 'driving school' like I think GTR used to have, especially since Assetto Corsa is one of the most popular sims for simracing newcomers, but I don't believe that simply placing cones to mark braking points and apexes will help too much.

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Also, I don't know about Zolder and Hungaroring, but apart from that every track from the Blancpain GT Series calendar is already in Assetto Corsa, either by official content or mods. So you have a lot of time to practice before ACC comes out.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yeah, but it looks cool :)

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Regarding the line and other such aids, take them away and people that rely on them will find they really learnt nothing.

Cones are really just a beginner's aid not meant for advanced drivers. But you can still use them as a base not a literal marker much the same way as real track meter markers.

Just because they are marked 50 100 150 200 etc it doesnt mean you need to use an exact point. You can adjust to these and for say just ahead of the 100 or just after maybe even find something else to use at that point.

You can do the same with cones for with brake apex and exit. For people wanting to go from beginner stage where they just use these points then move away from it by adjusting your line to maximise speed.

You can do this even with apex cones and experiment with early or late apexes to see how it changes for certain corners. Having a reference of the traditional apex can help people maybe learn how to adapt or try other lines and see the results of different approaches.

So there is clearly a benefit in these and why they are used at any driving school and most track days. I think cones are better then the game race line as looking for cones you will also notice other things you can use for reference.

Take away the cones and people will still have a reasonable idea of other refernce points they may have noticed. They will also be looking in the right place for them and not focusing on a line on the road which is the worst aid imaginable.

Rudski likes this.
  11. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Marty you couldn't have said it better.

I wonder what Team Kunos think about this?