1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Please address the AI issue

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Larryf1951, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

OK, I am most likely in the minority on this issue. I understand that, since most AC players focus on hotlaps or online racing, it doesn't even matter. But, the AI in the career mode and special events is unrealistic. They are reckless. When two cars make contact, both drivers will react, in real life. In the game, the AI drivers just accelerate through the collision. I got completely spun on track in a race and ended up facing traffic. The AI drivers rammed me and kept pushing me backwards. That is insane!
    I tried to reverse and correct, but was continually bashed and pushed by the AI.
    I had hoped that this would be addressed in v 1.09, but that did not happen. I truly enjoy the game and have been impressed with the level of realism it offers. That enjoyment is tarnished when the in-game competition is worse than the online jackasses.
    Please take this as what it is intended to be: constructive criticism from a fan.

iwanchek, paul_wev, Traks1 and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game crashing please help Jul 6, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues an error occurred - please buy another game Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Physics PLEASE Help the 992 Porsche GT3R Jun 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions help please for newbie, no throttle May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Sounds modding Sound shiftdown - help please May 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Please prevent going straight on Monza May 8, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance Race Entry List, please fix! May 7, 2023

3. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Got some bad news for you: I won't be fixed in 1.10 either ;)

4. Larryf1951

First, I'll ask why you seem to be amused by my frustration with the game?
    Second, I'll ask why you think that your input has any merit?
    Finally. I'll ask why not correct one more glaring bug in this otherwise beautiful concept? What's the point in having AI if its gonna just create havoc?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    iwanchek and svenvangent like this.
  5. McGregor

McGregor Gamer

Whoa, I don't think he was trying to offend you. What he's saying is that the PC version, which is already on 1.10, has yet to address the issue. I doubt Kunos is completely content with the current state of the AI but it isn't as simple as a "bug fix".

6. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

AI has been a WIP since AC began, and has been constantly improving/correcting. Most people don't get that the more complex a sim is, the harder it is to code AI. People rave about the AI in racing games (note I said "games") and wonder why "If Forza can have good AI, why can't AC??" AC is a much more complex, and sometimes fixing one aspect of AI ends up borking something else. Kunos ARE constantly working on making AI better, along with the rest of the sim, but they are a small independent team, they can't fix everything in a fortnight. Noobs constantly bust onto the forum freaking out about the AI like they've discovered something wrong with AC that nobody else knew and be all like "KUNOS WHY YOU NO FIX?"

Patience, Grasshoppers.

7. Sohail_16

Sohail_16 Gamer

I have to say though it's much better than 1.03, inhav
    agreed 100 %. Plus 1.09s ai is much much better than 1.03.

8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well,what really is needed in the career mode are penalties and track limits, because there aren't a single one of them.

About AI,the behaviour has quite improved in 1.09 and now when accidentally you hit them,they lose the control of their car,before the patch they were like glued on track.
    Now you see make them also some mistakes o they crash.

The only bad thing about the AI is that the difficulties levels are very inconsistent, even more in the career mode..
    There are races that in Hard you win them relatively easy.. and in other races it's difficult to win them in easy.

Once they achieve to fix this i would say that the AI renders at a high level.

Larryf1951 and MBK72 like this.
  9. Larryf1951

Alright, points have been made, some valid some not.
    I will attempt to address them in order of importance.
    Let's begin with my unequivocal statement that the size of the team is no longer an acceptable excuse. This game (yes, it is a game) came with no labeling that asked for my patience due to the small development team, nor was there a "small development team discount" attached. So, one X on the board.
    Next, we can address difficulty. It may be hard to generate code that results in realistic AI. I get that. That's why I am not trying to code my own game at home. I buy games, assuming that they are ready for market. This one was not and still is not after two patches. I never asked for the AI to be like For a (which for the record, I have never played) or Gran Turismo. I simply asked that the AI react to collision. Should be simple: if car (A) impacts car (B), car (A) decelerates momentarily.
    And to the lesser point, AI has improved slightly since v1.09. Slightly. I did notice a difference in how they are "affected" by collisions. Now, we need them to "react" differently to collisions.
    And let me reiterate that I am impressed with what Kunos/505 have done. They have raised the bar for Sims, at least on PS4. But that means that we, the consumer, will expect them to meet the standard they created.
    Don't offer me filet mignon, then tell me you won't serve it on a plate. Right now, we're eating a fine steak straight off the table. It tastes great, but presentation is lacking.

TheGT500 and MBK72 like this.
  10. Larryf1951

I saved this response just for you. I wanted to make it personal, since you decide to step into my thread and be more than a little condescending.
    You are more than likely a PC player. And I use player intentionally, because AC is a game. You do acknowledge this, yes?
    You called me a noob, claiming that I took credit for discovering some new kernel in the game and want a cookie or something. That is not the case. I was playing (note that word again) this evening and got spun multiple times throughout the race and decided to open a thread.
    And, I may be a noob when it comes to AC. I played (ding) it for the first time in August, when it was released on consoles. And I was mildly impressed. It wasn't until after v1.03 that I started to enjoy playing (ding). Look for my thread "Kudos to Kunos".
    I like the game. I also think that it needs some serious tweaking.
    So, I will say this as kindly as I can @Chazz Ranger, take your false sense of self righteousness and stuff it deep.

Duster24, Traks1, MBK72 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

That actually was more kind than many responses I get ;) I do actually agree with some things you say, it's more about your delivery. Anyway, after reading the rest of this thread, it's clear 'you're a talker'. I'll kindly step back out of your thread and we can ignore each other. :)

12. Larryf1951

If I'm a "talker", its so that I can clarify what was clearly misunderstood. I'd rather have a debate than tuck tail and ignore. But if that's how you roll, Bye felicia

13. praiano

praiano Rookie

This is true. AI is very frustrating, raming or bumping you all over the place mostly at Alien level , even when you are muh more engaged on your driving line.
    More stupid than this, after you pass them AI cars refuse to pass you again even if you slow down 20kmh.
    See the video at 3:50`

Larryf1951 likes this.
  14. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

The racing would be so much better if they made the faster AI cars overtake the slower ones more regularly. Be more of a pack up front than one fast car vs the player, as it so often ends up. Not enough moves made by faster AI on their slower brethren, which isn't very realistic.
    Having said that, the AI is in a far better state now than at launch, with spin outs and respecting the player more, and racing is enjoyable (even with huge variations in difficulty), I just want to race in closer packs and having the fastest cars up front is better than them being stuck down the back because they've forgotten how to pass.