1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Please fix the chase-cam (3rd person view)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Faultier, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

I´m playing a lot of racing games and they all have a good third-person view.

But the one in AC is kinda dynamic.

Its not easy to control the cars that way.

Some people like it but I wish I could stop that "wiggle" and have it in
    fixed position just like Project Cars offers it.

They offer this cam-view so they also should ensure that it works
    fine and let the controls work fine ;)

ZX636 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance Race Entry List, please fix! May 7, 2023
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Pit Stops - Please fix... Nov 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Game trackside cameras are bad, please fix Aug 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars PLEASE HELP, I love ACC, please fix the bumper cam May 4, 2020
    Bug reports Please fix certain car sounds in AC UE Dec 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Fix the SA system, please! It is a game breaker. Sep 25, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Rolling start needs fixing please, it's a joke! Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please fix that keyboard buttons as soon as possible Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Bug with electronic setup Porsche 991II GT3 Cup fix it please Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Please, fix VR! May 30, 2019
    ACC User Interface Can Look Back please be fixed? Jan 17, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer FIX Multiplayer please. Dec 13, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Devs please fix the AI in the Misano wet sprint race event. Oct 13, 2018

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Soon people will be driving their cars via a selfie stick, just to drive like they do in sims. :)

4. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

As I stated.

All other racing games have a fine chase-cam or third person view, only the one AC wiggles and makes the controls difficult.

And again.

If a game offers such a cam-view it has to work fine.

Horus likes this.
  5. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

Perfect.
    The PC version does allow to stop that "wiggle" / shaking.

But of course the rushed console versions does not have it and its a shame they won´t comment on it.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

The funnier thing is that most PC users would not know as they drive from inside the car. So it is an option that would be very rarely used. :)

Faultier likes this.
  7. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

Thats cool :)

But as already said a chase-cam view has to work fine!

8. Horus

Horus Alien

I agree, maybe there will be optioned added in a future update. I would say that it is most probably seen as a low level issue and Kunos are making sure major issues are fixed before viewing a car from outside is looked at. You would most probably agree private servers would be a better use of their time than fixing wingman view, as that would help more people/leagues have cleaner races.

Faultier likes this.
  9. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

I aggree with you but they should have released the game more complete in first place :)

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Not that old chestnut. AC is a continuously developing racing game. So no matter what you had it will be radically different within 12 months. Give Kunos time and they will fix the major problems, they have been playing catchup with trying to release all the dynamics of the cars/tracks and DLC so they can work on both platforms (PC - Consoles) without jumping too many versions. I'm sure now that they have gotten all that out of the way they will have more time to focus on improvements in the areas that need a good amount of time to optimise and improve. But please stay off the 'Broken game' BS, in real terms AC will be broken right the way upto when they bin it and move on to AC2.