1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Please Kunos Custom Lobbies ASAP please, sign if you need this also

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by XR Freestyler, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

Well it all comes to habit I think. If I speak for myself, I always played on console for many years. As I get older, I do not 'game' that much anymore, but still love to race. I like the fact that a game will work without setting too much options, or have to take in account how my videocard is, or which processor it has. It is plug and play, and I like to play, not be a 'hardware-nerd'. But I have to say, with games like pcars and assetto coming to consoles, maybe I will get a pc in the future. I would love to try other sims which are pc only. I think in general the more serious racers on console are people with some kind of the same background (assumption, not all). Grown up with consoles, they like plug and play, no worries about specs, it just works, no errors, no virusses, no upgrading (except new gen) of for example videocards.

In pcars there are already more 'pc like' options, much more options to set to your liking, udp-support. Without te drawbacks of pc.

BoereJack likes this.
  2. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry but you come across as very prejudiced.

I'm a PC gamer but the advantages of a console over PC for gaming for your "average person" are obvious to me.

3. BoereJack

BoereJack Gamer

i agree, and for me, i can, but will never, buy a pc for gaming and start playing with mods etc. But i just won't play games on a pc. And i won't even mentioning the cost disadvantage's that a pc has over a console.
    Console's are the only levelplayingfield for all player's, as everything is the same. And offcourse cheating on console is 'almost' impossible.......

Also i am glad to see that i am not the only one that needs his private lobbie's. I enjoy the game massively, and i hope this will be priority number one, and i do have fate in Kunos.

4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I owned PS2 and PS3 for several years, it's not like i have no idea what i'm saying. Console audience generally (offcourse there are exceptions) are much more casual, lazybag, gamepad in the hand kind of folks.. And that's fine, but it's not fine when people make it like that's not the case. Oh yes it is, that's the whole point of a console.

So yeah it came as a surprise that AC is now gonna be murdered in comments and metascores by some newly found 'hardcore' console audience..

Simulations in all it's glorry are meant to be played on PC, heck there's no way i could ever live without the mods in AC.

That's what i meant by 'chill', i have like 12 years of 'simming' experience and it wouldn't be something i would notice straight away.. First i would try to get my laptimes to a decent level, then i would try and find some league racing.. :rolleyes:

5. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

You missed the last 2 years didn't you?!
    Since pCars came out on console, a huge number of console gamers got wheels!
    They got introduced to sim Racing with PCars, and there are the same "Hard Core" Simracers present on console.
    Even though pCars isnt perfect they now have a base of Sim Racing enthusiasts.

Come off your high horse mate!

6. This old PC vs. Console War... so boring

7. And thats the Reason why we need private Lobbies

BoereJack and TXC_IJOJOI like this.
  8. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

YOU can't live without the mods. Does not mean that this means Sims have to be pc only. Console is pretty much a pc too, with different software, and not upgradable. On pc you can use a Xbox or PS controller as well. I do agree that with console there is a also a different category of gamers which are not on pc. The arcady couch gamers as you say. They should not buy pcars or assetto, not the games for them. You have to understand that sim games like this are new on consoles, not every consoleplayer understands this (kiddos). The physics are exactly the same if you are driving on a t300 with a ps4 or a t300 with pc. No difference there. And yes: the bit of lazyness I have, is about not wanting to be a hardware/software whizzkid. I want to put my new game in, start it up and start racing. Not worry about specs, cards and so on.

9. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I didn't know PCars is a sim :p

It's a huge overreaction is all im saying..

BoereJack likes this.
  10. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

See, that's the problem i have with the simracing community in general.
    The average age might be higher but everybody is behaving like 12 yearolds.
    There might be simracers that enjoy changing weather and so on, but lets not start with that stuff again.

Either way, custom and private lobbies are impotant, and I am sure Kunos realizes that.

11. TaZ2k

TaZ2k Gamer

I hope that!!!:)

BoereJack and SRL D-Vibes like this.
  12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Won´t it be possible to set up a dedicated server for consoles, as you can do it with the PC, too? Like renting a rackservice server? Running a server on the same PS4 / XBox that you want to use to race should hardly be possible, I guess, due to CPU limits (I guess not better with most PCs, too). At least this should be possible, I hope, to do it via a dedicated server.

Did you guys expect that Kunos would provide the server power for your private league servers?

I understand the necissity for this, I hope it will be possible soon, even as a PC user...

BoereJack and RSP_Figuur84 like this.
  13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Sorry, doublepost

BoereJack likes this.
  14. TaZ2k

TaZ2k Gamer

Not at the Moment. I send Rackservice an Email. The have no Informations about AC Server for Consoles.

15. geek

geek Rookie

As a long time sim player and xb1 league racer I'm very disappointed with this decision. Most league racers like me have owned a wheel for many years already and expected a similar experience to the pc where we can organize our own lobbies without any concern of public trolls. Hope this is something that will get immediate attention as it severely limits replay value to me. Career mode is fine but racing with friends in casual and competitive races is really where the fun is. Mp will not be the same with only public lobbies available.

BoereJack and TaZ2k like this.
  16. cashflashace

cashflashace Rookie

Agreed, this really nice sim needs private Lobbys.

Please Kunos........please.....

17. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

PC this, PC that.
    Yawn....
    This is the console lounge, take your foolish assumptions elsewhere please.

gregOr1971, Daz730, BoereJack and 2 others like this.
  18. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I never had console and will never buy it and I personally dont care about console gamers, but I feel bad for them right now because of no private servers. I think Kunos cant do anything about it right now, because console games cant be updated like on PC I assume. So they will have to wait till they gonna add it.

One of the temporary ways is to BAN people who is not in your league. You create server and ask your guys to join ride away and ban people who not suppose to be there.

19. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

Lets keep things calm towards @Boris Lozac . He's not insulting anyone. Just gave his opinion, and everyone can give his own back. Discussion is ok, just do it with constructive arguments. Thats how it should be on a forum, with somewhat respect. This helps nothing don't you think?

20. patrod

patrod Simracer

I think the problem is that you can create server (or lobby), just join the Kunos dedicated servers for PS4/Xb1.