1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Please Kunos Custom Lobbies ASAP please, sign if you need this also

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by XR Freestyler, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

wow this is disappointing and could hit AC console sales and metacritic scores hard, that will bad for us PC players too :(

BoereJack likes this.
  2. GTAndy36

GTAndy36 Rookie

If anyone thinks that people playing on console are all "lazybag kids", then they've clearly missed the last number of years. Also if anyone thinks AC and iRacing are the only "simulators" then they are completely narrow-minded and do not understand what a simulator is.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

He's not giving his opinion though, he's just trying to wind people up.

BoereJack likes this.
  4. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

If thats the case, at least we should not fall in the same or worse behaviour, should we?

BoereJack, TXC_IJOJOI and patrod like this.
  5. 350x

350x Rookie

i agree !!! signed

BoereJack likes this.
  6. OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06 Simracer

I have participated and organized console leagues for five years, the latest being at Race Department. This is constructive. I'm trying to be optimistic and give Kunos the benefit of the doubt here, although it is very disappointing to hear that the Private Server/Private Lobby option will not be immediately available. Let me try to expand on this discussion (this is related to the console, not the PC):

On console, to date, there are four possible combinations for on line play (basically):
    1. P2P/Public lobby
    2. P2P/Private Lobby
    3. Game Server/Public Lobby
    4. Game Server/Private Lobby

I say "Game" Server because no console game has come with the option for the players to rent or "own" the server like with a PC. Only one racing game -- Forza -- has used servers (maybe Race Pro, but I'm not sure there) to host and direct the online play. The advantage of using dedicated servers to support your particular (racing) game is explained like this: "The foremost advantage of dedicated servers is their suitability for hosting in professional data centers, with all of the reliability and performance benefits that entails. Remote hosting also eliminates the low-latency advantage that would otherwise be held by any player who hosts and connects to a server from the same machine or local network. Dedicated servers cost money to run, however."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_server

Because of this quite considerable cost, all other developers (besides Turn 10/Forza) went with the Peer to Peer technology. Peer to Peer (or P2P) is basically using the internet's own infrastructure (not a server) to allow an individual player to "host" a game while that player is connected to all other players, and concurrently, all other players are connected to each other. This takes the expense of a server out of the equation, and this tech is widespread. In fact, it causes all sorts of copyright problems (and other legal nightmares) when it is applied elsewhere. Think of Napster and Bitcoin. They are essentially peer to peer. But P2P in gaming is structured and directed by the coding limits of the game itself. It is essentially explained like this: "A peer-to-peer network is designed around the notion of equal peer nodes simultaneously functioning as both "clients" and "servers" to the other nodes on the network. This model of network arrangement differs from the client–server model where communication is usually to and from a central server. A typical example of a file transfer that uses the client-server model is the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) service in which the client and server programs are distinct: the clients initiate the transfer, and the servers satisfy these requests." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer. The only advantage of P2P is that it eliminates the "single point of failure" that servers (but rarely) can experience. That's why sometimes Forza can be "down" even when Xbox Live is "up." That's why on other games, like pCARS, the host can migrate when one person's connection fails. But disadvantages of Peer to Peer are quite significant. In my opinion, Peer to Peer is far far inferior and much less stable than server-based technology.

Just to confuse you more, Peer to Peer can fall into three categories: Unstructured (real old school), Structured (BitTorrent), and Hybrid (Spotify). And overlaying all of this is Xbox Live (or PS4 Network). Someone correct me, but I think that "Live" subscriptions simply allow the code of the game to be used in conjunction with another person on the same "Live" network. (In other words, you are paying only for the privilege of being a part of Microsoft's gaming community and using their interface, but not gaming servers.

In Forza, Turn 10 essentially owned or leased the servers (Microsoft, their parent, has an endless supply) and then gives game players the option to use them for public or private races. In other words, I think, Turn 10 is the *only* gaming company to fulfill the Microsoft promise of games having "dedicated servers" on the XBO platform. See: http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/forza-5-xbox-one-title-using-dedicated-servers/. Kunos, as do other game developers, don't like this any more than Xbox gamers do, but the devs don't really go into this much since they can't bite the hand that feeds them. ALL other hand, all other console games - F120XX, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, etc. -- use P2P. Why is this bad? Because P2P is essentially old tech. In fact PC gamers consider it "obsolete for action games" -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_server. Why? Because of these problems (which will sound very familiar to console online gamers:
    • It is very difficult to keep all peers synchronised. Minute differences between peers can escalate over time to game-breaking paradoxes.
    • It is very difficult to support new peers joining part-way through a game.
    • Each peer must communicate with all other peers, limiting the number of connected players.[3]
    • Each peer must wait for every other peer's message before simulating the next "network frame", resulting in all players experiencing the same latency as the player with the worst connection.
    So my advice is to give Kunos some room here. They are making the right decision, because if they ever do get the ability to allow us console users to access their servers and play Assetto on them (like Forza) it will be an experience that you will not forget and always appreciate. Back when I was playing Forza (before I realized the physics are trash) the online experience was stellar. NO phantom lag where you are the problem and spike others; NO join/leave crashes; NO crippling (weakest link) lag induced by the worst ping; NO disconnects; and I have never even seen another player involuntarily disconnect. It was rock solid and stable. Still is, as far as I know. This is what we want.

For more depth on Assetto's console game-play. please go here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-interest-thread.120834/. We will eventually be hosting League Races on Assetto. We will either do this by the "boot-and-scoot" method mentioned by Arbuzzz (if possible) or hope and pray Kunos allows private lobbies in the future.

(Note: I studied law, not computer, so please don't beat me up over the explanation. I was just trying to clear it up).

Robert
    XBO GT: OcetoberDusk06

P.S. - Maybe someone in the know could tell us in the "kick" option, or any other option, will allow console players to essentially create private races in public lobbies.

7. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

The azure network is available to anyone to use, and is my understanding that there are monetary help to the developers that wish to use them.

BoereJack likes this.
  8. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Your site was a god send to me on PCars, thank you for making it.

BoereJack likes this.
  9. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Perhaps we should until he gets the message, should we?

BoereJack likes this.
  10. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

I hope to have a chance to do something similar to Assetto Corsa :)

11. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

Well I think he did. I'm just looking for a combined community, not that console Vs pc BS. I feel the same passion as they do! They should understand there are serieous console sim lovers, and I do understand some of there arguments. I understand there is a difference too. But they need to understand we are one, we love sim racing as much as they do. Thats what I try to tell them with my open and personal arguments. And with posting harsch unmotivated and just 'ranting' answers back, people simply admid they are not grown up sim racers. And there are serious sim racers on console. Ranting is something that we see a lot in console gaming. Use arguments.... Not calling out harsch to someone.

12. depart.ed

depart.ed Gamer

Thanks OktoberDusk06 :) thats also my opinion. And our simracingliga e.v. would also pay for Dedicated Server.
    But I have to correct you in one point. At battlefield you can rent server on console. So there is a chance that Kunos does this, too.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

13. Matti996g

Matti996g Rookie

I agree!

BoereJack likes this.
  14. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I couldn't agree more, we're all just petrol heads following our passion.
    I'm really looking forward to a great community building up here where we can share tuning setups and what not.

I just got a bit annoyed at that guy's attitude, there's always one!

15. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Was not my intention to sound elitist, although i get that it can be seen as that way too..

I was just surprised at the reaction before the game is even released, majority probably haven't drove the PC version so they have no idea what physics treat they're getting.. and the private lobbies was their main concern straight away..

BoereJack and RSP_Figuur84 like this.
  16. ZHarvs92

ZHarvs92 Gamer

Private lobbies are our main concern, simply because we are all dying for a quality Sim that we can league race on. we cannot league race without private lobbies, and console public lobbies are basically destruction derby!

17. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

No problem! I've seen this one coming. And indeed I have not driven pc version.

BoereJack likes this.
  18. Hiltz

Hiltz Rookie

No private lobbies is insanity

BoereJack likes this.
  19. BearNVa

BearNVa Gamer

I've had my 2 copies of this game preordered for almost 2 months now. Just joined this site in anticipation of getting it and I'm starting to see things that are making me a little regretful... no private party option so that I can race with just my friends and no ability to customize controller button layout kind of puts a damper on things... are these two things perhaps going to be an update in the future or is that even possible now that it has gone gold?

BoereJack likes this.
  20. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Of course not:

To me, and it seems that for many people too, this sounds elitist, disrespectful and full of sarcasm. This thread was about private lobbies, at least until you came around.

BoereJack likes this.