1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please Kunos , patch the GT40

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rollpap, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Rollpap

Rollpap Gamer

Now , we have the 908 , the 917 , and the GT40 is very good with the new tire !

But i think it's not real that a car who won so many races , as the GT40 ,had so little possibyliti of adjustments in the garage...

It's perhaps not many work to allow us to setup the car...

Thank you

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hi Kunos, please never change this AI its fantastic Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Kunos, please remove the Gallardo R-EX from the opponents list Jun 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Please Kunos "looktowheel" May 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Kunos, please: implement ASW 2.0 in AC for Rift users Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Kunos, please: implement ASW 2.0 in AC for Rift users Apr 14, 2019
    Console Lounge kunos please fix classes Apr 2, 2018
    Suggestions Please Kunos, Xbox one X enhancements! Dec 26, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Clubsport patch please Kunos? Jun 9, 2017
    Suggestions Hi, Lord Kunos! Please read and forward this detail to the relevant person. Very important! May 2, 2017
    Console Lounge Perspective VR, instead of full VR (Kunos please read) Mar 1, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Please kunos! 505! Feb 7, 2017
    Console Lounge "BMW M4 Akrapovic" / "Gallardo SL S3" - Please Kunos, we want them! Feb 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Please Kunos, a 919 template. Dec 27, 2016
    Suggestions Please Kunos...custom Championships Oct 21, 2016

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The car has the actual historic setup possibilities.

4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Gotta love the reasoning.

5. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

My two cents, I don't know wich version of the GT40 is emulated in AC (maybe the first) but they build various versions in the years (mk2,etc) and the latest builds are almost a totally different car than the original GT40.

6. schmron

schmron Racer

Its a Mk I

7. Aristotelis

The GT40 appeared in 1964 (if I remember well) as MKI (1) as Ford's answer to the dominant Ferrari and Porsche LeMans cars. Up until then, Ford was running with the Shelby Cobras and their latest car the Daytona Coupè was an amazing performance (with a great story, but maybe another time). It was (the Daytona) arguably a better handling car than the MKIFord. But Ford had decided to push forward the GT40 project.
    Later the MKII (2) appeared, which was heavily modified both in chassis, body and with the biggest engine of 7 litres. The car was an understeery "truck" to drive, but very fast on the straights with good stability and with good efficiency in fuel consumption (engine from the nascar experience). It won in 1966 LeMans and later in "B spec" in 67 too

In 1968 and 1969 LeMans wouldn't allow unlimited engine capacity. So the MKI was heavily modified and run again with a 4.7litre engine that was able to output almost the same power as the 7l engine. In this version the car was tricky but very capable, much more neutral (maybe too much) and won again LeMans for 2 years. It actually was the same chassis to win the race in both years. This is the car we simulate in AC. There's a bit of history in the tech specs screen of the car in AC. Still keep in mind that the car is made for LeMans, so taking it to other tracks, sure it works, but it might feel "strange" depending on the track.

8. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

Did you read "La Sfida" by Francesco Parigi about the epic Ferrari-Ford battle?

9. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeaaah man.... Le Mans please! :)

(I only allow myself to ask for things because it's Christmas)

JoseL231, Octane, Gevatter and 4 others like this.
  10. Rollpap

Rollpap Gamer

Thank's to devs for fast answer...
    But...i'm 60 , and i work professionnaly on race cars during my life , as mechanic ,(but not on GT40) and i've never seen race cars without setup on chassis and suspensions... so a car who wins so many races as the GT40...i'm very in doubt...

JusTiCe8 likes this.
  11. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

so actually its a le mans version,... but you will now suprise us now with an official ac laserscanned Le mans track for the holidays

12. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

In 1967, GT 40 MKIV won the race.

Nikkel likes this.
  13. KWILD

KWILD Gamer

Yep, and the mk IV that cames from aborted J-Car project, have very few things in common with original Gt40, it's barely another car!

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  14. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

To add to this a bit:

#1075 is an interesting car. It was supposed to be a Mirage M1*, a prototype based on the GT chassis but with lower weight and better aerodynamic characteristics. When the FIA changed the prototype rules following the 1967 season, limiting engine displacement to 3L and rendering the M1 (et al) obsolete, it was built instead into a GT40 with a 289ci small block to run in the new 5L homologated sports car class. This made it largely similar to a Mk1 GT40, but it wasn't exactly a Mk1 GT40.

The '67 winner, the Mk4, was another interesting car. We call it a GT40 but it actually had very little in common with the Mk1/2 cars. It shared some suspension components and mounting points with the earlier models and shared the FE-series 427 motor with the Mk2 as well as the Cobra and the NASCAR program, but the bodywork was obviously unique and the chassis itself was all new and built in the US using honeycomb aluminum with bonded and riveted panels. This was an aerospace technique that yielded very light, very strong cars. Cutting edge stuff at the time. It's still the only all-American - designed, built, and driven - LeMans winner ever.

Sure would be nice to have one of those in the game... ;)

* - the history is murky on this particular detail. It was long thought that Mirage chassis M10003 was converted into #1075 (and M10002 into #1074.) Other evidence exists that suggests 1075 was never a Mirage but was constructed/modified using some of the knowledge from the Mirages. The debate rages (kinda) but either way it wasn't exactly a Mk1 GT40. The build sheet does suggest a Mirage connection in some capacity (wheels, at least!) :

1075ProdSheet-1.jpg

Won, JusTiCe8, Thomas Cameron and 4 others like this.
  15. Aristotelis

I know where you're coming from and I agree... but, there's an important but. In big events there's the homologation issue. Car manufacturers spent a big amount of time and money to get homologations in order to race in big events. Every single bolt (so to speak) of the car is teared down, measured, weighted and homologated. So what the manufacturer tends to do, especially back in the days, was to test the car (free testing yay!) find a good setup for the kind of use the car was about to race and the homologate the car keeping the number of extra components for setup use as low as possible (in order to not have to construct, measure etc...)
    In AC we try to bring you as authentic cars as possible, so to give you a taste of what is like to race a car with whatever limitations might be. It's true that any good mechanic can take the car and do any modification desires, obviously they could do it back then too. The homologation though tells a different story and that's what we follow.

We can argue all we want and we both be right about it. It is just a design decision for authenticity and that's how it is.

16. Rollpap

Rollpap Gamer

Hello

I look on some photography from frame and suspension on the net , and i see that all is adjustable...
    (and the Koni dampers are adjustable too)
    In fact , a car can't go strait if you can not adjust geometry , specialy on a tube frame...
    Sorry for my bad english , you can be sure i'm not agressive...:oops:

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This one ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    mantasisg 2 and yusupov like this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not exactly on topic here but I came across this cool video of gt40's laying down some rubber at goodwood. :eek:

mantasisg 2, Red Or Dead and Orne like this.
  19. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

:D

aphidgod likes this.
  20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

There are so many wonderful cars from that era i would like to see.

Mogster likes this.
  21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Cars and tracks :)