1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please ladies and gentlemen, race ACC online

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by menos | M6, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Gratulin

Gratulin Racer

To add insult to injury Quickjoin puts SA rated drivers into those unrated servers rather than perfectly good rated servers.

menos | M6, Racert46, tjr and 2 others like this.
  2. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

THIS!

I do not understand why after a couple of weeks from v1.0 the majority of just the couple hundred active ACC online racers are all stuffed into these 10 player servers.
    Every time now I boot up ACC this is the first thing I check - if all that is going on is 10 player servers my first reaction is to leave multi player and set up a full grid AI race instead.

I want to fight through a proper grid and not spend most of race lapping alone around the track (I can do that offline just fine).

1) Stagger maximum allowed users on a server depending on rating (SA <10 = max 3 users / SA 10-30 = max 5 users / SA 30-60 = max 8 users / SA 60-80 = max 10 users / SA 80-90 = max 20 users / SA 90-95 = max 24 users / SA 95+ = max unlimited )

2) DRASTICALLY reduce stat gains from racing offline (I mean DRASTICALLY) - this will remove any incentive from offline grinding and motivate people to race online - at a certain point in the future certain stats should be COMPLETELY locked out from improvements by racing offline (you can still loose SA by wrecking into the AI just as you do now if you drive like a horndog but you can gain SA EXCLUSIVELY by racing online with a minimum of racers on the same server (SRS has a similar very good limitation where user count of a server has to reach a MINIMUM count in order for any racing outcome be counted towards your rating to prevent single racers from grinding)

After bug fixing and achieving a stable build in my opinion ALL EFFORT should be directed into motivating people to race online and reward good performance in online racing with perks and stats and most importantly LEADER BOARDS, lap time record achievements, etc …

Competizione is even written on the tin, so far there is no competizione on the inside. We want competizione please ;-)

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  3. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I can't join the CP server because rating starts from 0 and min is 50 so what can I do to increase it? I cant fant any other CP servers with 0 rating?

4. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

Most problems I think a small ones. It can be fix, can be add later. But if you create even a perfect rating system and just don't use it at all this is the bigest problem. Realy what is a point having a good or bad SA if only servers with low SA have people.

Rolz likes this.
  5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Why should I race MP?
    It's all so meaningless. No single result is recorded. SA also does not matter. Now my SA is 79, but I drive on servers on any SA range. From 0 to 75, I look just what race starts next.
    Most of the time I skip qualifying, because final result does not matter. P2 or P20, nobody cares, race is over, results are vanished to the void after some seconds.
    Very motivating.
    Where is the Competizione? I cannot see it.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Join a league or stay with iRacing then...

7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I cannot integrate league in my daily life.
    I do not want pay iRacing for worse graphics, physics, FFB.
    But actually I am thinking about renewing my iRacing subscription, because it provides me Competizione on demand.

8. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

@XettMan i agree that ACC lacks in stats etc. You don't even see post race results if you don't look at it yourself. If you aren't all about driving it could be not enough.
    I enjoy just to drive and battle other people but i actually don't see much motivation to do well. Sure, it's not needed for everyone but i thought ACC wants to appeal to wider community than just hardcore racers and leagues (which i've heard there supposed to be some tools to help with organising that). It will be months until it actually is Competizione. Still having some faith for Kunos but it's far from perfect at the moment.

XettMan likes this.
  9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Every day I am losing more and more confidence that Kunos is willing to implement Competizione...

10. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

You are supposed to enter an empty (or almost empty) High rated SA server , and the QuickJoin Button will start throwing racers at you while you are still in pratice.
    It usually takes just some seconds for the server to populate thanks to the QJ button (i guess), when i enter an empty server it starts getting populated while i'm still in the setup screen !

If you wonder why you find all tha peeps in 10 users servers its prolly because most users do like you do, stepping back to SP if they can't find a nicely populated server, or even worse they enter the unrated servers instead of starting a new one.

In both cases is a user's choice, you can't really blame the QJ system

11. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Cmon guys... it is, how it is
    It's gettin better need some time that's it

vampatori likes this.
  12. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

It's not "getting better". It's the same from early access, except we have a Quick Join button that is a joke and a CP lobby that works only for some. All we got since release is hotfixes.

XettMan likes this.
  13. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

It's just... U know repeating again and again what doesn't work gets annoying everyone says the same mimimi... Feedback yes but sometimes I feels like kindergarten all i want to say is keep calm, enjoy what is now if somebody can't stand the situation as it is and have no constructive to say... well, just crying doesn't help, nope?

Jebus, RST and Pekka like this.
  14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Maybe we repeat it again and again because there is complete radio silence from the developers in their official forum about these issues. I can ask as often as I want, no answer. So I don't know what to expect and what not.

15. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I lost count on how many times I heard "don't worry, it will get better in 5 years because it's Kunos and they never let you down". So you are not the only one that gets tired of people repeating the same thing while having to endure people saying it's getting better when it isn't.

16. siho

siho Rookie

I think kunus needs to decide what is THE plan for ACC. I would love to see one of the main purpuse of the game is multiplayer and if they also have the same opinion they need to focus on:
    - how to make multiplayer attractive for users and make a bigger comunnity (better experiance = bigger comunnity). In forums there are a lot of proposals and if they really listen us it should be quite easy to make multiplayer appealing (some of them are matchmaking, official acc legaue, SC car, track rotation....). Personally I would not mind an annual payment for additional multiplayer services.
    - solve critical bugs
    - make a proper vr expiriance
    - support tripple screens and other most common solutions in sim racing (trackir, crew chief,...)
    - maybe add additional classes but this is part of the road map and not necessary mulitplayer and can be done with payable DLCs.

If this is not the goal for kunos then they are looking for some different comunnity and probably muliplay will stay basicly the same as it is.

My opinion is also current version is still EA and it is on a half way to a proper public release. This will cause (it is causing) users to uninstall and forgett about acc....

Currently I still have hope. But they need to move fast and Road map (including future multiplayer support) is a must, because v1.0 is not what at least I expected.

The future is in Kunos hands.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    deadmeat2k and Andrea Noto like this.
  17. vampatori

vampatori Rookie

Just to add a slightly different take on things, with respect to racing online as per the original post.

I don't get to play as much as I'd like and the game has not even been out three weeks - I'm just not ready for online racing yet. I've spent a fair bit of time testing all the cars to find the one(s) I like best, more time getting my settings spot-on, and now I'm working on getting all my track stars (I've never raced several of the tracks before) and increasing the various ratings. So it's going to be another week or two before I feel I'll be ready for online racing. I'm sure I'm not the only one too.

I don't disagree that the game releasing before it was finished and getting hit hard with the reviews is clearly going to have had a significiant negative impact on player numbers. And I don't think releasing just before the summer sales will have helped initial numbers either as so many people hold out (we'll see when they hit shortly).

But equally I don't think it's something that can't be turned around - the sim-racing scene isn't like the general gaming scene where games get ditched so easily. There's very little competition (though what competition there is, is very strong). If Kunos get the quality and solid experience there, people will come. It's just not quite there yet, and I can understand people holding-off.. but what is there really is amazing and shows an incredible attention to detail which I think a lot of fans of the genre will ultimately appreciate when it all comes together.

See you on the track soon!

[ATF]Shanti likes this.
  18. Pretty much all the stuff you listed there are why I’m back on iRacing full time (for now anyway). Only one that doesn’t apply is community/social stuff.

iRacing is quite competitive, so there’s not s massive sense of community unless you do endurance events with teammates or take part in a league.

It just feels like a proper racing career. I take it fairly seriously and I have amazing racing for the most part. Despite inferior graphics, sounds and handling compared to ACC.

Racert46 likes this.
  19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So in the end people don't care about physics, or sound or graphics. They just want to be able to see their names on a website when they browse through it.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

mr Switchblade and Rolz like this.
  20. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Europeans use iracing don't they? It's not where the company is based its the location of the users, hence why a lot of American based websites are unavailable to EU users (because they can't be arsed to setup cookie permissions dialogs)