1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Plugin API, Server Logging, and Server Event Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Measter, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Measter

Measter Rookie

I'll start with the server logging, because those should hopefully be relatively simple.

The first suggestion is for the JSON files. Basically, the suggestion is to include a flag in the Lap object indicating whether the driver has finished, or alternatively put the number of race laps in the Result object. Previously this wasn't an issue because control would be taken away from the driver when they finished the race. However, with 1.12 came the option of doing an in-lap, which also gets logged in the JSON, muddying the log somewhat. The server does have this information, because it's sent to the plugin API, and is also logged in the server log.

Which brings us to the second suggestion: Would it be possible for the server to log when a driver has been disqualified due to not making the mandatory pit stop?

Now on to the more complicated stuff: Plugin API! Would it be possible to add a command to invalidate a driver's lap? I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

• ACSP_INVALIDATE_LAP
    • Unsigned Byte: Car ID
    • Signed Int16(?): Lap ID. -1 indicates the current lap, positive is a previous lap ID.
    This, of course, assumes that the server has control of this, and maintains a list of a driver's laps.

My final suggestion has to do with race sessions. This would, I imagine, be a fairly significant change, so I'm not hopeful. Currently the server only has one race session definition, and if you have the REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS set to a positive non-zero number, it just duplicates the definition. The issue is this doesn't work if you want races of different lengths.

My suggestion is to move the REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS and RACE_PIT_WINDOW options into the race session definition, and allow multiple definitions.

So you may have something that looks like this:

[RACE]
    NAME=Primary Race
    LAPS=0
    TIME=20
    WAIT_TIME=300
    IS_OPEN=1
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=0
    RACE_PIT_WINDOW_START=0
    RACE_PIT_WINDOW_END=0

[RACE]
    NAME=Secondary Race
    LAPS=0
    TIME=40
    WAIT_TIME=300
    IS_OPEN=1
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=10
    RACE_PIT_WINDOW_START=0
    RACE_PIT_WINDOW_END=0

In this configuration, the REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS option would not duplicate the session for obvious reasons.

a.j.poole likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Server UDP Plugin API Feb 28, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes SimView - Live timing WebApp [Server Plugin] Oct 9, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill! Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Tools SimHub plugin: Automatic steering wheel hardlock/softlock (SimuCUBE, Thrustmaster) Jan 28, 2021
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes ACC Server Plugin? Jun 8, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ERROR: Could not resolve UDP Plugin address Apr 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC server plugins Oct 24, 2019
    General modding discussion UDP Server Plugin not responding to commands sent Jan 24, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Assetto Corsa Competizione EA Alpha plugins 64Bit Available Now! Sep 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds server plugin ignored suspicious message Dec 13, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes How can i begin to learn to make custom plugins Nov 3, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes [Server Plugin] Kissmyrank - Local Assetto Corsa Server Plugin Oct 11, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Server plugin to send info to python apps? Nov 30, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Cannot load serial plugin Sep 4, 2016

3. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

For league admins being able invalidate laps would be a fantastic feature.

Also as an expansion to the above; is it possible (as I'm not sure the server knows this) to log any penalty issued to drivers. I guess all this may happen client side. Furthermore logging of back to pits, pit entry and exit would also be really useful for leagues. This can be done in python, but that requires an admin to be present in every server.

With these features and more detailed logging it would be possible for leagues to customise penalties.

If all the above is done for example it would be possible to have a server plugin to invalidate out and in laps in qualifying.