1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Poll: Does your league use Dynamic Weather?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by WallyM, Apr 25, 2020.

  1. khrop

    khrop Racer

    Apex Online Racing - yes with a twist - decreasing the chance of rain on a per-tier basis (eg. if a tier has had 2 rain races in a row).
     
    Daniel Monteiro likes this.
  2. martcerv

    martcerv Alien

    Has anyone had issues since 1.3.10 thats where weather went nuts in our tests, it was working fine before then. Are all leagues using the latest server builds? Our race last night even messed up the session times with race starting at 11am when it was 3pm in events.json and 3pm was shown in the pit menu once in game.

    I have never seen that before and have also had lots of heavy thunderstorms using conservative weather and simracerweather line being used. This using the same settings we used all season with good results except its been mostly dry and why I abandoned dynamic weather again until it works as configured. Some rain is nice but if it results in am hour long thunderstorm when it shouldnt even be possibke something is broken if it does this 2 weeks in a row.

    It would be interesting to see what settings people are using and are results as expected?
     
  3. jarqus

    jarqus Racer

    ASRNZ use dynamic weather based on the base ambient temp of the race the year prior.
     
  4. martcerv

    martcerv Alien

    Along with using dynamic weather it would be good to know what settings people are using. After lots of issues with heavy storms at RaceOnOZ we are currently using very conservative settings as below.
    "cloudLevel": 0.10, (up to 0.15)
    "rain": 0.0,
    "weatherRandomness": 2,
    "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,

    This is very likely to be dry, cloud .1 is meant to be 98% chance of no rain and only 2% chance of light rain. I would like to have more changeable conditions but even cloud at 0.2 meant white storms quite often whenever it rained. For some reason the rain is heavily slanted towards the heaviest conditions its very hard to make more changeable conditions or a realistic chance of rain around 20-30% but also avoid heavy storms that flood the track and make it mostly red flag type stuff and fairly silly in a more serious race. A short storm would be ok but in ACC storms can hang around for 1 or 2 hrs even using fairly conservative settings meaning a very different setup is needed to dry running. With no real weather forecast and chance of heavy storms simply adding rain tyre to a dry setup in many cars was pretty much undriveable.

    These setting can alter wind direction and strength, however I noticed the wind will stay the same in all sessions. Temperature is based on either the real qualy temps or race temps. I did lots of testing and used the guide and simracerweatherconditions line but mostly gave up due to the excessive storms in any more variable conditions.
     
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
Chit Chat Room "Does Assetto Corsa Need Variable Weather" This is a Poll so please vote Apr 3, 2014
ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apollo Racing Club Season 2 | Saturdays at 2100 EST Jul 19, 2020
ACC Multiplayer Poll of US-region drivers Apr 4, 2020
ACC General Discussions Sa-Rating Poll [What is your Sa-Rating?] Mar 28, 2020
ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apollo Racing Club | NA Based | Regular Events Saturdays at 2100 EST Feb 19, 2020
ACC General Discussions Poll: Hardest Corner? Sep 4, 2019
ACC General Discussions Poll: Favourite Track? Aug 18, 2019
ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race duration preference [POLL] Jul 20, 2019
ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019
Chit Chat Room F1 Austria poll Jun 30, 2019
ACC General Discussions Poll on favourite cars. May 10, 2019
ACC General Discussions Poll Time! Mar 28, 2019
ACC General Discussions [Poll] Misano: What is your pace? Oct 11, 2018
ACC General Discussions Hardcore racing expirience(visual and mechanical damage) POLL Mar 9, 2018
Console Lounge Can't find the thread on the Ferrari's poll (posted yesterday by @ShredatorFIN) Jun 21, 2017

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice