1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Poll: Hardest Corner?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Coanda, Sep 4, 2019.

Tags:
?

What is your hardest corner?

1. Barcelona - T 14/15 LH/RH - RACC

8.8%
  2. Brands Hatch - T4 LH - Surtees

36.0%
  3. Hangaroring - T2 LH

4.8%
  4. Misano - T10 RH - Tramonto

4.8%
  5. Monza - T6 RH - Lesmo 1

8.8%
  6. Nurburgring - T11 RH - Warstwiner

3.2%
  7. Paul Ricard - T6 RH - Virage

17.6%
  8. Silverstone - T9 RH - Club

3.2%
  9. Spa - T11 LH - No Name Corner

8.0%
  10. Zolder - T10 RH - Jacky Ickxbocht

4.8%
  1. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

For me at least, lifting (not even halfway off, mind you) in Eau Rouge to line up for Raidillon makes that complex very repeatable, both in terms of safety and time gained/lost. I used to have trouble with it until I stopped trying to go flat, and if you do go flat it's best to straightline it as soon as you know you're not lined up for Raidillon properly.

(Also make sure your ride height in front is high enough to stop the underbody from stalling in the compression. Looking at you, Lambo agressive setup.)

I think there's more time to be gained or lost at Pouhon, Campus, and even Les Combes.

tjr likes this.
  2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Interesting. Lambo-aggressive is my standard weapon of choice.
    If I'm being honest, it is radillion which is the biggest problem for me (but obviously eau rouge is the root of the issue). I can repeat a clean sweep of both by lifting more or less as you describe, but if I ever try to push it through here it's super dicey, and following anyone closely through here can mess with my lifting points and really stress me out too! :confused:
    I also find that different cars really express their differences through here as well. When the driving experience feels even slightly unfamiliar it gets dicey again. As I said, just a super unforgiving and potentially race-ending corner unlike any other in the game for me.
    Credit to ACC for making this sequence really come alive in a terrifying way!

3. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I'd also put Misano T13, I would actually be between Eau rouge or Misano T13, both very risky high speed corners which are so easy to f*ck up(especially with the lift off oversteer of the Lambo).
    The corners that @Coanda has selected are tricky to take with optimum line and fast but are fairly safe, so difficult in a different manner.

4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Eua Rouge, is not a difficult corner , but it is a worrying corner. It is the only corner that i think about before i even get to the bus stop and I am still thinking about it until i get to les combs

Coanda likes this.
  5. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Again I tried Brands Hatch with the BMW against 100% AI in nice sunny conditions. Started FP1 with track conditions = "fast". I went out with full fuel as the AI does as well in FP. I really struggled to get a 1:25,7 and was about 0,6 seconds slower than the last AI car at that point of time. On any other track I can compete with 100% AI quite easily, being somewhere in the top 5-15 and I have tons of fun but at Brands Hatch it feels like having a loaded gun below my chin (or even somewhere else:confused:) and I can't even go the pace of the old Bentleys. It feels like the AI is still a bit too fast out there and of course the BWM is not the decent car for that track. But being able to hit somehow the real live BMW times it is a pity to be that far away from the end of the pack.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  6. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Where is Brands Hatch T1?
    No contest.
    Unlearnable turn for which I never race on that track.

Nectaria Coutayar likes this.
  7. Brands Hatch in general is a non-track to me. I really don't understand why people want to race on a track where you can virtually block your opponent in every corner just by driving "less perfect".

8. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

In fact it is somehow fun driving there for me. BUT unfortunately the AI is too fast there compared to real life as well as to the other tracks. So you always have to risk everything and still being last.

9. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

You listed a nice selection of tricky corners there. Paddock hill bend, although tricky does not really qualify as once you know it, it is not too bad. And T4 at Brands has so much run off , the corner is tricky but not really too bad. However, Zolder - T10 RH - Jacky Ickxbocht is a devil. 5cm off line either side an you loose nearly half a second. There is a single thread of a perfect line through there.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Pouhon definitely.

Been Simracing for more than 15 years doing decent lap times these days, but still can't do that one consistently.