1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche 718 Stability

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I have used the 718 w/ PDK as the closest approximation to my 2012 R, using the R's alignment. As such it has been pretty good, feeling a lot like the actual car on familiar tracks and turning in similar times. However, it has a decided tendency to swap ends when the tires are "properly" inflated, using the tire pressure engineer app.

Porsche recommends the same pressure all the way around in the R. AC suggests an extra # in the rear for the 718. I arbitrarily decided to drop the rear by a # and 90%+ of the problems suddenly went away. It will still swap where the R is more likely to understeer but only under extreme conditions. I think dropping another # would be too much and ½# isn't available, so I am going to stick with this for a while. Maybe I'll try another # later.

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Porsche 718 Over-revving with downshifts Jul 16, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Need help on the Porsche 718 Boxster S w/ PDK May 1, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder front suspension Apr 24, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Porsche 718 RS60 crashing Aug 31, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Possible to setup Porsche Cayman S (718) with PDK? Jan 14, 2017
    Screens & Videos Pretty realistic eng and exaust sound on Porsche 718 boxster S Dec 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 718 spyder why roof? Dec 6, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues TOTALMASS of Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder is wrong Nov 29, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder No headlight indicator. Nov 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 718 Cayman S with PDK? Nov 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Porsche 718 Spyder RS60 Ignition Key Nov 23, 2016
    ACC Gameplay Porsche 935 in GT2 Europe category Apr 8, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Shifting Motion telemetry for Porsche GT1 is WAY too strong. Dec 23, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Porsche 992 GT3 R Horizontal LED dashboard Oct 16, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023

3. Didnt you claim something similar in another thread you made ages ago ?

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Don't think so. I've had frustrating stability problems but never figured an effective way to solve them until now.

I figured the tire pressures in the sim were somehow sacrosanct and never thought about deviating but I was out in the car on the track last week and thought I should be able to get this kind of stability in the sim. It isn't quite there but it is very close. I tried going down another # and it was too much. ½ might be perfect, but I can't do that and this is close enough.