1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Porsche 918 Spyder vs LaFerrari

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Nov 30, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Cars were STOCK, NO SETUP WAS ADJUSTED!!!!

Porsche loses here big time! But why?!

Drove the Porsche on the release day, Spa, Stock setup. First corner understeers, entry to Eau Rouge, big dive under breaking direct into the barriers!! Ha?!?!

Second try, first right handed, bit early on the brakes, dive into the right handed nead the wall, acceleration is too both, gear changes perfect, coming to Eau Rouge-hard breaking, shift to 5th, car dives again and directly into the wall....

Third try, not Eau rouge early breaking, into the 4th, car slides sideways.....you wount believe me, tried like 15 times I got two times I don't know how did I go through the chicanes....!

Now the real deal...

Acceleration, gearbox, you can feel the power is amazing but other then that-lolololo.... let me
    Explain, follow me on this one, car is to much digital, to much technological which stops you to heaving fun!! You CANT turn off the TC, you can't go sideways to adjust the exit of the corner....you just don't have FUN driving it!!

Laferrari, a dream!! Car that pushes you to your limit without taking your spine out!! Perfect acceleration, gearbox is a dreamy handling is just breathtaking, turn in, slowly on the throttle when you feel confident hit maximum, that engine, sound that produce it, puts you a big on your face and it's fast as well!!!

Eau rouge, no problem, and every other corner I really didn't have the need to sweating my pants off, you breake-car does it, turn in car turns, you accelerate-car follow your throttle input, small adjust on the wheel and we are taking of. No electronics, not nothing, just you and the car.

Drove those two cars on the Nordschleife, stock, in the first minute crashed the Porsche like 5 times with the LaF zero (0-->zero)...!!

I'm really wondering how can in real world the Porsche be faster then the LaF, ok not to much (on few track LaF was 0.2 behind), but here in game the LaF is destroying the Porsche. Brutal reality I know.

Still amazing DLC can't complain though but I really thought that the Porsche will offer more, better handling, stable one, but the LaF is still the king in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR Dec 30, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 918 Spyder: straight line braking Apr 28, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 918 wrong brakes balance Mar 9, 2017
    Bug reports Porsche 918 Bad breaking performance Feb 27, 2017
    General modding discussion Porsche 918 System, help me make sense of it. Feb 25, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI Porsche 918/30 Spyder at Nordschleife Feb 19, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 918 spyder weird porsche logo Jan 29, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 918 Hybrid Bug Nov 15, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Porsche 918 spyder roof Oct 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 918 Spyder - Quick Hybrid modes testing with AI Oct 26, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds error in log on porsche 918 spyder? Oct 26, 2016
    Console Lounge VIDEO - Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 1 - 918 Spyder Oct 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room How well will the Porsche 918 be simulated? Aug 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Chris harris on cars - laferrari v porsche 918 v mclaren p1 at portimao. Nov 19, 2015
    3D car models Porsche 918 spyder May 10, 2015

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

On PC they seem fairly similar pace. Maybe there is a bug on console in which case it will hopefully be fixed (i'm sure they will fix not being able to turn TC off.)

I had a go at testing the 3 hypercars on hypercar road tyres at Silverstone National

iwanchek likes this.
  4. Plidex

Plidex Rookie

Maybe --->> maybe!!! may... be! you -- not another one ------ you... lololo don't, opposite of do..... can't! drive the 918 (Porsche!!!)

5. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I really don't know but for me the Porsche (On PS4) in hard to drive, not stable at all s for instance the LaF which is in the last patch much more enjoyable to drive even though with TC OFF, perfect!

Tested as I wrote, on Spa, did laps with Porsche and with the LaF, unbelievable how hard the Porsche is to drive! We'll see what Kunos can do here

6. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

Unfortunately, I think that Kunos won't do anything. Gave the 918 a whirl on PS4 yesterday and it felt exactly like on PC, no difference. If you look @rsr Leaderboards, its clearly visible that both 918 & LaFerrari are equally fast, there are very very slight differences depending on which track is being used. I guess you just need to fiddle around with the setup and should focus more on this instead of expecting some miracle from Kunos ...

7. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Yoooo it's just my 2 cents here from the first impression and first drive nothing more nothing less. I don't expect now from Kunos nothing tbh I'm just saying how I see those two cars. Maybe if I spend more with the Porsche maybe better time will come but we'll see.

8. Personally don't find there to be an issue with the 918 on PS4.

9. isma_10000

isma_10000 Rookie

Yes spyder have bug rotation mode3 in T300 . Spyder it's 1080 not 540 lol.. so patch kunos please

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

In my tests i used factory ABS but no TC, i'd say the LaF was more of a beast to control on road tyres than the 918. The Porsche has incredible traction out of corners. Just get it slowed and to the apex and then unleash the fury. You can tell it's 4WD it doesn't enter corners quite like the other 2 do but boy does it make up for it on corner exit! It was the fastest in my little test.
    p1918laf.jpg

iwanchek likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Are you sure about that? A supercar with 1080 degrees of rotation feels a bit strange. But I dont think its only got 520 ingame neither (except with the wheel bug on console).

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I didn't feel comfortable driving the Porsche on Spa for example. But I'll give that car a go during the weekend though to know the car better.

My thread was based on the first impression maybe bit deeper tests and learn how car drives will be better and accurate review.

I know that the Porsche is fast, agree fully one that just it seem you've to drive this car different. No attacking corners, tail out of the corners, it's just breake. I sly and flor it on the very exit. :)

Andy-R likes this.
  13. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I feel that some of the issue, at least on console, is that you don't have any control over the TCS and ABS functions as the buttons don't work.

14. Sohail_16

Sohail_16 Gamer

For now just change it from the menu before you start driving.

15. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Agreed, you can do that, but you lose the granularity of the on the fly systems adjustment.