1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche Pack 2 & Red Pack Car impressions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Jan 11, 2017.

1. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I intend to write about all the cars, but in the interim, I just want to wax lyrical about the star of the pack for me so far.......

The Lamborghini Aventador.

Wow, I really wasn't expecting to like this car, but it is an amazing piece of kit, it's fast, not brutally so, but it shifts, it handles sublimely too with all the assists off.

But the highlight of it are it's physics, I don't think I have ever driven a car, in any racing sim, that feels so realistic as this car does, the sense of grip and weight transfer is like nothing else I've experienced in a sim.

liakjim, Schnipp, Jan Duin and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Porsche pack 3 Dec 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Forza horizon 3 porsche pack and the capacity to wait Apr 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Update v 1.12 and Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC out now on PS4. Feb 13, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Update v 1.12 & Porsche Pack Vol 3 is OUT NOW! Feb 13, 2017
    Console Lounge COMING SOON! – PORSCHE PACK VOLUME 3 & UPDATE V 1.12 Feb 7, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Porsche Pack 3 online Feb 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche Pack III , using GT3Cup Jan 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC, Private Lobbies Update and Special Events Jan 27, 2017
    Screens & Videos Testing out all Porsche Pack cars @Magione Jan 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Bug special challenges and achievements porsche pack Jan 17, 2017
    Console Lounge DLC Special Events - The Red Pack, Porsche Pack # 2 and Porsche Pack # 3 Jan 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche pack Vol 4 + wishlist Jan 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche pack 2 and Red pack available - No update yet Jan 10, 2017
    Bug reports Ps4 download problem with porsche pack 2 Jan 9, 2017
    Console Lounge Community Update - Console update, The Red Pack and Porsche Pack Vol. 2 DLC Jan 9, 2017

3. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Agree @danowat. suggestion: first drive the Aventador at the (new) RedBull Ring and then the Porsche Cayenne. Good luck!

Or more on the fun side: try the F138 on the Monza 66 track. Good circuit to test if your wheel FFB works ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    paul_wev likes this.
  4. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Highlights of the Red Pack:
    - F138: Driving this beast around Mugello feels like a dream!
    - MC GT4: Fast, balanced, great sound. I'm sure I'll use it more than once for single-make series against the AI
    Porsche Pack:
    - 962 Short Tail: Turbo lag is crazy but It's still an amazing car all around
    - 919 Hybrid: Drove many LMPs in other racing games..but Assetto's physics just blows them away in one sec. And that cockpit cam shake..makes me feel like I'm driving that's actually alive.

About the Aventador: Nice supercar, lots of paints to choose from. But It feels like It weights way more than It should. Just my impression (with a joypad).

paul_wev and BrainsBush like this.
  5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

one and three quarter metric tonnes? yeah, it's heavy!!!

Ok, rest of the packs that I have driven.......

Ferrari SF-15T

Brutal, just brutal, how the F1 drivers can drive this thing, consistently, for hours on end is beyond me, the torque of the powerplant is mental, you can easily spin the wheels up at 130mph, understeers a little more than I'd like, but once you get your head around that, it's a nice car to drive, unfortauntly console users can't adjust some of the options due to controller configuration isses..

Ferrari F138

Not as quick as the SF-15T, but IMO a much better car all round, sticks to the road like **** to a blanket, just a much more balanced and consistent package overall.

Ferrari 488 GT3

Sounds lovely, very balanced, alot of fun to drive fast, but ultimately feels just like another GT3 car

Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4

I feel let down by this one, I was expecting to like it alot, but left feeling unimpressed, not very fast, doesn't handle particularly well, and despite many other peoples opinions to the contrary, doesn't actually sound that good, as a weird reverb sound, and the rest of the sound is very quiet and muted.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Another disappointment, yeah, it's fast, very, very fast, but it just feels a bit dead to drive, for what should be a balls out supercar, it has the standard 911, understeer into oversteer and back again issue that all 911's do, when will Porsche stop putting th engine in the back!

Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
    Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK

I'll combine these, as they are essentially the same car, and what a fun car it is, beautifully balanced, just enough power to get the rear end sliding if you want, but not enough to enable you to chuck it at the scenery, a true hotlappers car, very fun.

Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015

Man, I love prototypes, and this one is no different, the pinnacle of high tech race cars, and is just an amazing thing to drive, it's pretty quick with just the I/C engine, but fire up the hybrid powerplant and watch the scenery blur and your braking points dissapear!
    Would be really nice to have had the Toyota TS040/50 to compete against.

Maserati 250F 6C

Maserati 250F T2 12C

Porsche 718 Spyder RS

Porsche Cayman GT4

Porsche 911 GT1

Porsche 962c long tail

Porsche 962c short tail

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Tonydoc10 and paul_wev like this.
  6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Predictable I suppose but I am really enjoying the 911 GT3 RS, despite it's flappy paddle gearbox!

It has simple been a case of picking a track, switching the HUD off and just enjoying the driving experience :cool:

Lots of depth in trying to understand how the car is working, from the way it puts its power down through to the rear wheel steering, then the behaviour over the limit which when breached creates smiles and giggling.

It looks to have a nice range of adjustment to explore further down the line, I think this is going to be a long term realationship ;)

I really need to try some of the other cars, but the lure of a track focused Porsche is strong ;)

7. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Just a little bit above 1500kg. I simply thought It would have been more agile..Maybe It's just the DS4 dumbing down the experience. Anyway, It's definitely a very capable car in the corners.

paul_wev likes this.
  8. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

That's dry weight, wet weight would be a good 200kg more.

9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Gave them all a quick spin last night, although with a broken wheel so only getting about 10% of the FFB I should have, that said the big surprise for me was the Porsche LMP car, I'm not a fan of LMP really but loved this one...just needs a car to race against and the Le Mans circuit now!

New wheel base was due to arrive today, but just had an email from Amazon saying delayed until Friday...Arrggghhh!

10. Just wait until you get the 911 R; pure heaven.

11. pHA1988

pHA1988 Gamer

I'm enjoying very much the Cayman GT4.
    Very balanced, fast enough, and it slides like a dream :D
    The only downside for me it's the gearbox, it's very long.

12. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

MC GT4 is by and far my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

had one the best races online last night in the ferrari 488 GT3

14. After a one day delay whe got finally the new DLC's and my xbox racing community and I had yesterday so much fun and it's a pleasure to play Assetto Corsa even on Xbox One.
    Most impressed me the tire physics and the unbelievable great sounds like in the 919. I didn't play the game since 1.03 and it's great to see that you hold on your line. I feared that the console version getting extra grip because some people whining that the game is to hard. It would take some days that I find the limits. But it's so much more exciting to handle the cars than on simcaee games. All of my friends are impressed and 5 of them bought the game since last week.
    Even there a things to add and improve im impressed who you guys make the game better since release. Even when I'm not happy with the delays and bugs in the last months I'm still a huge fan of you guys.
    Thanks for bringing the game to xbox one. I was really disappointed that season pass was delayed. And if I was unfair in jy comments I'm excuse. But you as italian maybe understand when emotions takes overhand.
    Great job

ZX636 and Straight6lover like this.
  15. GT3 RS on nordschleife is, well, one my favorite, for it sound, for it way it drives etc.

GT4 is nice to! a bit disapointed engine does not rev more.

F1 turbo is nightmare.

Exup likes this.
  16. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I joined an F1 server on multiplayer on the PS4 last night, it was carnage, complete and utter carnage LOL :-O

paul_wev and Scuderia Paul like this.
  17. Exup

Exup Gamer

The GT3 RS with TC off in Nordscheleife is awesome... how the car rotates so well and so controllable with throttle... and it's uncommonly easy to control the drifts.

paul_wev likes this.
  18. i'm too "noob" for that, currently i drive only with ABS but i can't manage drifts.

19. Exup

Exup Gamer

No need to manage long drifts (I'm not the best drifter either :). this car is an excellent car for starters because it's very forgivable while drifting.

instead of turning TC off, just lower it..and try. I think you will like it.

P.S: To lower the TC, you need to increase the value!! (don't ask me why... Kunos way of complicate things...) Ex: TC 1/3 is more intrusive than TC 3/3

paul_wev likes this.
  20. ho great! thank you very much, i wasnt aware of this (and lower TC, and 3/3) i will try this week end i think!

Exup likes this.
  21. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

I already liked the 962C a lot from all the videos of it I've seen over the years. However, getting to drive it in AC (short tail version) probably just doubled or even tripled my appreciation toward it. Car sounds absolutely fierce, whether on throttle or under braking!

I love how the 911 GT1 sounds as well. Reminds me a lot of the onboard video footage of it going around Road Atlanta. I'll be trying out the 488 GT3 more at Spa because of that Pasin Lathouras onboard video. Little different from the AMG GT3 that I've become accustomed to using online.

Other than that, I've yet to really experience any of the other cars. Just a bit caught up in the few I already got to!