1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possibility to show physical wheel ingame

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by elchshooter, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah, sleeping is dangerous too :D

VR seems to be something really similar to sleeping though, it is looks similar to dreaming. I would love to try it. But the fact that surroundings doesn't exist for you anymore would always feel uncomfortable anyways.

I guess it also takes a bit of time to learn to find shifter wheel, and not punching the monitor. I guess you still need a monitor anyways.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

All you need a monitor for is to start a program so you can use your desktop with VR. It didnt take any time at all to find the wheel, pedals or shifter. If you dont need to look at them with a monitor you dont need to look at them with VR. :) Do you have issues finding your wheel and shifter in real life? I thought so. You wont have any issues with VR neither. :p

Ace Pumpkin and mantasisg 2 like this.
  3. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

I know that vid, very interesting, but i think i remember it to be some concept, how it "could look like", somehow afterwards cut together. In addition i ask myself how much additional CPU-Power would be needed and how it would look like ingame, because if a camera records the wheel you see your wheel in the local room lighting, which i think could look very strange concerning brightness and shadow behaviour. Anyway, very cool.

BTW.
    Just stop sleeping, drive in VR instead.
    Results in equal Risk level.

4. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I had some co-workers over to try Assetto Corsa in VR a few months ago. They all had a driver's license so they know how to operate a car but they have never been at my place before or had any sim experience either. We started in VR right away, no time wasted playing on TV. After a few short rounds they all used the controls without problems and they did not punch the TV or the monitor next to it:) They had problems controlling high powered RWD cars at first but that was to be expected. They drove quite naturally and they loved the immersion VR gave them.

donShere, Cote Dazur and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I hope my two y.o. daughter doesn't plan with my pet to kill me while I'm simracing!

Ace Pumpkin and elchshooter like this.
  6. elchshooter

It's starting off quite slow, my 5 year old is just checking out what's possible, while i'm in VR. He already figured out, that i don't see him eating my choclate bar.
    Anyway, i use to start simracing when he's asleep. Sleeping boys don't kill

snyperal, Octane, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Maybe family members can be trusted. However, that trick with chocolate is a bit like entering path of crimes.

I would have done that too, tho :D

Maybe VR is a lot of fun. Should think about it. Is it very demanding for hardware ?

8. elchshooter

Yes. It's demanding, it needs some pc-knowledge and one or another workaround.
    But when you managed to get it all working nicely it's very immersive

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I don't think Marcel sees another wheel than me in game. The YouTube videos are edited, obviously.

10. elchshooter

Yep, very well made video, in which a cam in a green room records the driver, hands and wheels and laid above the mirrored oculus output to show what could be possible in the future. If i get it right

11. norbs

norbs Alien

This was one of the things I thought of when I got to briefly try VR on my set up.

I couldnt see the wheel or button box. I could hit a few buttons from muscle memory, but the button box became next to useless.

Interesting idea. Oh, and ignore Michael. He has issues. His attitude is neatly summed up in his sig.

[​IMG]

Elitist much?

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Could you pls
    Be kind, and don't mention a diss on the long end!
    Micheal has his rights, like every one of us.

13. elchshooter

Sorry ace, but i just have to ask. What right does he have to bash anyone of another opinion, without giving the issue any thought. I had a simple question. And i, believe it or not tried really hard not to offend anybody, make no request, and tried to make understandable why i'm asking. Michaels answer was pure provocation. Nothing else. Kunos gave us
    Cars
    - Abarth 595esseesse and S1, S2 upgrades
    - Ford Mustang GT 2015
    - Corvette C7 Stingray
    - Ferrari SF-15T
    - Ferrari F138
    - Ferrari 488 GT3
    - Maserati 250F 6C
    - Maserati 250F T2 12C
    - Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
    - Lamborghini Aventador SuperVeloce
    - Maserati Levante S
    - Ferrari FXXK (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
    - Ferrari 488 GTB (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
    - Praga R1 (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
    - Audi S1 (A1)
    - Porsche 991 Carrera S (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche 918 Spyder (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche 718 Cayman S (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche 917/30 CanAm 1973 (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974 (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick 1978 (Porsche Pack #1 DLC)
    - Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo
    - Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche Cayman GT4 (street version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (street 991 version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 718 Spyder RS60 1960 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 962C Short Tail 1985 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 962C Long Tail 1987 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 911 GT1-98 1998 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
    - Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (free bonus car)
    - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (PP#3)
    - Porsche 911 Turbo S (PP#3)
    - Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015 (PP#3)
    - Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 (PP#3)
    - Porsche 908 LH (PP#3)
    - Porsche 917 K (PP#3)
    - Porsche 911 R (PP#3)
    - Porsche Macan (PP#3, free)

Complete cars,physics/electronic systems
    And he bashes my question, because i ask if there are plans to model some wheels??
    I know, it's not that easy, but hey, come on ...
    It's a week before christmas, i work in customer service and i am just fed up to deal with unnessecary psychotic behaviour even in my free time.
    Do you really defend this?

But yes, anyway, i'll try to ignore his emissions from now on. Can't promise though

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  14. Hey @pankykapus feel like whipping up a dozen or so 3d wheel models, shouldn't take long and it isn't like you are doing anything anyways. Get Marco to write a check for the licensing, we all know that Kunos money is limitless so this shouldn't be any big deal. Somebody will need to get approval for each wheel on each car model, but I'm sure the manufacturers don't care about things like that, so shouldn't be any problem at all. (and it also seems like a job that somebody can do during their lunch break)
    Oh yeah, you will need somebody to add a section to the UI, but surely that is but a simple copy and paste job that likely won't even need to be tested. Speaking of testing, this will only add a thousand or so extra combos for your beta guys to test before each build, might want to hire some full time testers after this. (money is limitless after all)

Seems like a lot of time and money to spend on a feature that will only benefit a few dozen people, but yeah, guess I'm the *****le for thinking this isn't a good idea.

liakjim and rd.king like this.
  15. elchshooter

Okay, and would it really be THAT HARD to put that in a way, that doesn't sound like a collection of "you're a moro#"s??
    I asked "Are there plans for..."
    A little bit less asocial would have been
    Something that started with:
    "Hey, that won't work, because..."

kofotsjanne likes this.
  16. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Right, enough, stop bickering.

I started explaining but after half a page even I got bored listing all the reasons that make it completely unfeasible.

In short, no car manufacturer would agree to it, there is no structure in AC that would allow this, nor the swappable parts or the animations, and even if it did exist, no developer in their right mind would spend close to a year just so a handful of people can see their favourite toy wheel instead of the cars' original steering wheel with which they already spent a good amount of time.

In my view, this is an issue that VR developers need to solve (along with the fact that you cannot scratch your nose), working around it with 3D assets is a nightmare, especially if the game is not built from the ground up with VR in mind.

Jebus, digitizer, gandlers and 8 others like this.