1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possible to drive a single combo exclusively?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kevin Knorpp, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

After almost ten years of sim racing, I think I have found the perfect combo for me.

I love the way the car drives and sounds. The AI are fast. There is a full grid of competitors. The long, very technical and dangerous track has great flow and a wide variety of turns, elevation changes and cambers ; so much so that I am no longer interested in driving anything else.

Problem is I'll eventually have to get bored with this combo, right? And then what? Or can I drive this same combo forever?

Does anyone else drive a single combo exclusively? Any tips for maintaining interest?

I expect that driving like I own it, finishing every race, single attempt, etc. will aid immersion but is that enough? Will I be able to maintain interest without progressing, etc.?

Anyway, you get the idea. Any advice? Thoughts? Anyone else doing this? Am I doomed? Etc.?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible Nvidia dual drive causes fatal crash Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Physics Impossible to drive Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO in Imola May 26, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting GRAPHIC PROBLEMS [possible HDR output with malconfigured drivers] May 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Wanted: As many drivers as possible to stress our dedi Server tonight. Nov 3, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting No driver swap in endurance possible (custom championship) Aug 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Quickrace joining is possible, but after few seconds other drivers are "frozen" Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals WHEEL INVERTED issue. Impossible to drive Sep 12, 2018
    General modding discussion Animate drive shafts/chain possible? Jul 23, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Possible fix for GPU driver crashes/bluescreens Feb 17, 2016
    General modding discussion Is it possible to have mod files on a different drive? Apr 4, 2015
    General modding discussion Is it possible to scale driver? Oct 24, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Sunglasses needed: not possible to drive at 17:00 on spa eau rouge Oct 15, 2014
    General modding discussion Driver ed. possible to make traffic sim with ac? Jul 10, 2014

3. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Wow! It is indeed a great combo! I'd probably stay away from anything else too. I'm gonna try not to try it. Maybe it's contagious. Or even lethal at some point (or on wrong dosages). Who knows. I'm gonna wait your next post to see how long you managed to hold on - if you do.

xD

Man, life is short. Live fast, on high, repentless. \m/

Mike1304 likes this.
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Was the specified combo edited out?

5. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

More like strategically left out of the post so that everyone wonders !!! ;)

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id say the track is a fairly easy guess being Nordschleiffe. ;) The car who knows, full grid with ai can be any combo you pick.

In definatly am not one for an exclusive combo, I will drive anything and everything. Also I dont remember the last time I drove with AI but they can be used as traffic at least if you feel line being held up a bit around the green hell.

But then someone may call Magione a long challenging track, compared to the Nords I think they must bead but its all relative.

There are some people that pretty much exclusively run laps at the real nirds and also race only in the VLN series. So this if you could only do one combo in real life wouldnt be a bad one to have.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

I didn't want to distract the conversation with talk about the combo because that is irrelevant but if you are curious then I'll tell you later but please can we discuss topic first?

So regarding commiting to a single combo, another thing I thought about is that I will definitely have to get used to not keeping up with the forums / community as much as I used to when I was keeping a close eye on new content releases. While that is a very good thing in terms of freeing up more of my time for my IRL life, I will miss the connection to the community :(, especially the AC community which it seems has the most people like me for whom driving is most important.

Regarding maintaining interest, I see in another thread that several guys are simulating track days by driving in practice mode with a variety of different cars and just driving through traffic and letting AI in faster cars pass through, etc.

That is a great idea which I will try because I like driving but don't like to be alone so this might be perfect for me. I remember a guy in another forum I think talking about taking the simulation of a track day further by just leaving a practice session going all day (is this possible in AC?) and just going out for laps as he can and that this was perfect for unpredictable days when he would be distracted by his family and have to get things done, etc. so he would just pull into garage, do his IRL duties and when he's able come back to sim racing for a few minutes he would drive back out onto the track where AI have been drving all day ; just like a real track day which I thought was a brilliant and immersive way to blend IRL and sim time.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Kunos should think about adding a proper track day mode. Maybe just allow AI cars in hotlap mode if you select them, why not? With SP pit stops this would work even better.

At the moment you can produce something similar by selecting full race weekend with a practice session but it's a bit clunky and not obvious for new users.

dermonty and Quffy like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Look at Kevin's status @martcerv ;)

I think it's very possible to enjoy AC with just one track/car combo. I mostly do (2/11 on Nords Tourist ;):D used to be the KTM, but it changed drastically in one of the last updates, the Lotus behaves like the x-bow used to, and vice versa. Which is what the journalists describe them now)
    And I think its advantages too. If you really want to be extremely good don't hop from one car to car. Getting used to what you have and studying its dynamics will help in driving in general, I think. The Forza approach could be a bit misleading.
    And the same goes for the track. Choice isn't always a good thing:)

10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Oh my god, you have a big problem, man!
    Will you be able to maintain interest?
    I hope that you will be able to drive only your favorite combo!
    You can do it if you really want it!
    I believe in you!!!

11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I think committing to one combo might be impossible. AC turns me into a kid in a candy store, and I have to try everything. :)
    But, I do a very "light" version of this. Each week, I pick a track. Then I drive only that track (but with its variations.) I will switch cars some, but try to keep that to a minimum. It's very rewarding to really focus on a track and learn its secrets. Of course, when new content is released, all of that goes out the window. :D

Track day mode is not a bad idea. It would be great if the AI could be less aggressive and allow passing more readily. But, it might be too difficult to tweak the AI yet again. Look how long it's taken to get here. Race AI needs to take precedence.
    I would really like to see AI using the Nord Tourist, especially if they could add many more slots. It seems weird to drive it without traffic. And although my online Tourist experiences have been mostly positive, I'ld like to set up my own sessions with cars of my choosing. And being roosted by 2 LaFerraris, then watching them smash into a wall at 200mph, then disappear into thin air can usually overwhelm my suspension of disbelief. :D

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

not for me, 2 days is too long normally. if I only do 1 or 2 races in an evening I could stomach a second day with it but if I do more than that I start to get bored...

I remember our host in GTL had a real passion for the alfa gta, we would change track each day but same car for months on end, eventually the sound of it made me feel sick and id throw it around on track out of sheer boredom :p