1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Possible to share savegame with friends?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GCCRacer, Aug 13, 2019.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Racer

Hi all,

I can't test this on my own, was wondering... Since mid-session saves are back now, is this an option to share an endurance race with a friend or two?

Meaning whenever I do a pitstop/driver swap I could save and forward the file so that another human driver can continue?

Unless the files are locked to a playerID I assume this should work?

Regards

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared Memory telemetry - possible race condition? Feb 18, 2017
    General modding discussion Is possible an app or gui mod for share setup's? Jul 2, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Wanted: As many drivers as possible to stress our dedi Server tonight. Nov 3, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Is it possible to have 0 BWP? Nov 3, 2019
    ACC User Interface question: is it possible to... Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Recover SA, mission impossible Oct 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions is it possible to move the radar?? Aug 28, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible to set a server not auto reset when empty? Aug 27, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Possible bug Zolder Aug 26, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer is it possible to do something about starting procedure? Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Chat ctrl+c Is it possible?) Aug 19, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting No driver swap in endurance possible (custom championship) Aug 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Impossible to force PROAM CupCategory by server Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to set Heusinkveld pedals Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Possible problem with netcode Jul 3, 2019

3. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Post some savegame files and we'll see. It's actually kinda cool concept and good question. Only problem is your mates not seeing the race unless you're streaming it.

4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It works, yes.

5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Can ghosts be shared also?

6. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I was actually thinking to ask if there will be a feature someday to start a MP Championship/Race with few friends and AI grid with driver swaps between humans. I suspect the answer is "no" tho :)

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

He sends you files you do your thing...send him files back... BAM you went from p1 to 25 :D You are not friends anymore :D :D :D

Jk... really cool idea.. would love to hear or see some files and test it out also.

GCCRacer and Jacobs like this.
  8. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Gamer

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

hm, so who wants to run a 24h race with me? :D

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Racer

Thanks for the answer @pankykapus, now I just have to convince my guys to buy the game. :D

I always did like the idea of asymmetric cooperative play between friends (PBEM or such) because it's much easier to fit into my daily shedule, and given that in real life no single driver does endurance racing on his own it seems well suited for this title.