1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Powersliding around magione..title edited to not be inflammatory

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by C_K_Y, Aug 2, 2015.

1. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

im sorry to everyone for making it a why am i getting downvoted thread. its now a video share thread.

1M 1:31 using powerslide technique

458 1:16 using powerslide technique

both can be faster.
    if im doing something wrong tell me dont just downvote. please

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah, last night was crazy eh?

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Have you really come here to cry over Youtube downvotes?

Haxin likes this.
  4. Haxin

Haxin Racer

Why would you do this if you want to be quick ?
    Also: Keyboard ?

5. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

are you not even noticing the lap time? german fury requires a 1:30 for gold and im at a 1:31 with powersliding. so..yes...its quick. i dont powerslide at every track only do it at tracks that welcome it.

360 controller.

im not here to cry over youtube votes im here to ask why people dont like it. what exactly is wrong about using a powerslide technique to get a fast lap time?

i looked on youtube and the people using grip method at magione with the 458 are a lot slower than I with powerslide method.

6. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

They're simply jealous they don't have the skill to use oppo lock and weight transfer like that to hammer through the Esses so quickly :D

7. Horus

Horus Alien

Now you have six down votes. No need to thank me. :D

Festa_PWR and Haxin like this.
  8. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

yeah thats mature.

9. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

given the feedback so far im not sure if this is serious or not. but if it is i thank you kind sir.

dont get me wrong im open to criticism but just downvoting and moving on is lame and insulting. if im doing something wrong tell me dont just downvote

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It looks like your car is on rails :O

11. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

is that good or bad?

12. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Yes, I was being serious. AC seems very split between racers and drifters. AC was developed somewhat with drifting in mind (obviously, since there's a drift track), but it seems 99% of the AC crowd don't like it and shun those that do. I'll admit I'm really not a drift fan myself (I prefer my drifting in rally form :D), but I don't downvote how other people play.
    I'm willing to bet that if anyone was aware you were using a 360 controller for the race, they downvoted you for that as much as for the powersliding. The thought of having their time beaten by someone using a controller AND powersliding around the track probably made some people's heads spin ;)

13. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

good to know. so its not that the driving was BAD, its just the technique is frowned upon. see i get grip technique. and i use it too depending on the car and the track. but if the car, and the track, is conducive to a fast powerslide, then why not do it. Stiggy used powersliding a lot to get the fastest time possible when he was driving the TG test track.

i appreciate your demeanor and explanation, btw.

and, definitelly cannot use powerslide technique at 1966 monza in the mp4-12c :p

its fun turning into the curve after the coca cola bridge doing 170 mph. that car has so much grip.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

I down voted because of the silly thread, look someone didn't like something I did. WOE IS ME!! Drift, race or hill climb, makes no difference to me. Make a video about drifting coolio, post about down voting begets a down vote. Happy I could help, don't get me started on gamepad though. :p

p.s. Don't think that one man all alone on a track makes it a good race technique. It is not a technique that will make you friends when racing. Clarkson can drift a car does that make him a great driver? NO!! Yes we can all drift when needed, but it is usually because of losing control not to gain more (well except the Audi).

15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You are wrong.

People DO love this technique but only for fun (great skills by the way).
    Problem is that it's slower than going smooth and also it's getting even slower by laps go by, because of increased tyre wear.

16. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

1:30 and 1:16 are both awfully slow, like 5-10 seconds off pace slow...did you present this video as pretty quick times ? If I click to see a video presented as pretty quick times and I get this...

That and the full steering travel in 0.2 secs that a hand controller can give...doesn't work for cool videos in a race sim.

There is no "grip" technique and "powerslide" technique. LOL no one ever says in real life "I use powerslide technique at this track and grip at this track and both have good sides and bad sides" No. Just no. WTF?

Still thanks for the entertainment

Horus likes this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Getting anonymous dislikes / downvotes for something that's perfectly good or even exceptionally good? Welcome to teh interwebz sir, you must be new.

18. C_K_Y

C_K_Y Rookie

im not new i just thought that people playing a simulation game would be a lot more mature and professional. this kind of attitude i would expect from an arcade racer community.

i realize i cant drift amok with other people around me and i realize it will make me slower with tyre wear but these were basically just power laps and since 1:30 is gold requirement for german fury it cant possibly be THAT slow...or maybe it is and im in denial. probably denial.

fine im sorry about making the thread about getting downvoted. my bad

19. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

If you use gamepad, you will always get downvoted. ^^
    I am faster than 98% of the forum here with gamepad. But most guys cant like that. :D
    Well i have an T500 and after 3-4 weeks i am same fast, well Update 1.2 changed physics.

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Public MP races are just oozing with maturity, people ambushing people to ram them, to avenge previous ram and then typing "rekt" in the chat.