1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Practice for endurance series - any way to check tire consumption and fuel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Leonardo Ratafia, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Hi there, me and a friend are practicing for some endurance series 2hs+ races and I was wondering if there's any way to check, either within game logs/results, telemetry, Content Manager, Ptracker, etc on the practice runs we make the following:

tire wear % - say you do 40 laps on M tyres, what's the wear on each lap, to check laptimes
    fuel consumpion - 40 laps, fuel consumption - laptime

and also compare laptimes with the different tire wear/ fuel usage.

I'm not sure if ptracker shows the tire wear % and fuel tank on any given laps (of course that's due to the game shared memory available options)

you can always write it down manually, but maybe there's a way to check all that info and if not it would be nice that something similar could be implemented on ACC

I hope is somehow clear.

thanks for any thoughts

Sorry for being a silly question, probably there are other ways to check and practice for endurance races

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge The game wont load single player endurance races if there is a practice or quali session enabled. Jun 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Practice glitch on Challenge Cars? Apr 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 - Fatal error! In the middle of the practice / RTX4090 Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC2.exe 1.8.18 not responding after lauch a practice session Oct 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to leave garage to start race or even practice May 2, 2022
    ACC Gameplay GT4s in custom race weekend practice Jan 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Not all cars are in single player practice mode Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dry line at the beginning of wet Practice and Hotlap session Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Practice and Qually filter Dec 12, 2021
    ACC Gameplay multiclass practice session GT4 AI skip most of practice Nov 26, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds When trying to start a race, practice or on a friends server, the game boots me back to the menu. Aug 28, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Launcher works but unable to start Race/Practice Jul 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer 1.7.11 - Free Practice and Quali timetable mismatch Jun 23, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Practice sessions Jun 17, 2021

3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

There is an app that logs telemetry data readable in Motec i2. Never had to use it, but it is on RD.

Anyway the tyre wear data is helpful but won't entirely replace a full stint simulation, because you never know at what % of remaining grip you will start spinning.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Tyre wear is shown in the tyre debug app. You'll have vKm per lap and Grip % evolution. Build the wear LUT from that if you don't have it already . Note the vKm per lap numbers and extrapolate for the number of laps you will do.

Many fuel usage apps give you fuel consumption per lap. I use a lightweight version of @Esotic stuff. It's on RD.

There is a lot of manual work in figuring out the best strategy and this is part of what race engineers do. Excel works great for that.

Using fuel and wear multiplicators is great for speeding things up too. A one hour stint becomes 15 minutes and you have info about how tyres will be at the end.

Leonardo Ratafia and Esotic like this.
  5. Esotic

Esotic Racer

6. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

WallyM, Leonardo Ratafia and Esotic like this.
  7. Thanks for the replies guys

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Fuel is pretty easy to work out even with just the fuel number in pit or ptracker estimates. This after a few laps will be close +-1 lap on a longer run. Fuel burn will also vary depending on track grip, damage and tyre wear so its something you need to monitor on the fly during the race.

Tyre wear best way to work it out is to just do some long runs and keep an eye on wear with whichever app you choose. Dont let the number influence your driving try and feel the grip and get as much as possible out of it. Higher tyre wear numbers I think wont help much especially in cars that have quite a bit of wear like the f2004 we are running this season.

In this car the tyres do go off the cliff pretty much at a certain point. The lap before this happens they are still quite driveable. For example we ran Spa last week, mediums were pretty much done lap 12 to 13 and hards 21 to 22 but just 2 laps earlier they were maybe 1 sec down on fresh tyres.

If you tested at 4x wear the mediums would be off the cliff at some point in lap 3 or 4 and grip would change so fast you would not be able to adjust. Some cars you can run compounds easily for a full fuel run but then also need to test how much full fuel costs per lap. F1 cars full tank is so slow you never really want to run it as the time lost trying to run any compound for a full tank may be way slower then taking a stop or 2 over the same distance.

GT cars are different with them having a compound that can easily run a full tank and often wear matches fuel burn so lap times may be quite similar a full stint.