1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Praise to Kunos.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by richard thompson, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Well weve all got ACC now and its early access , to be expected it is a WIP and its far from finished. It has ffb issues which is my biggest gripe but i know it will be fixed and im still loving it as it is now. Kunos's strategy of releasing features and bug testing and fixing them is smart and still allows us to play the sim. I feel that ACC is going to be amazing when its finished and their move to secure a deal with SRO is a masterstoke . The thought of kunos acquiring lets say the Intercontinental GT series for future dlc is a dream come true . Id just like to say welldone and thankyou to kunos for their passion for improving their simulations every title .

Kapoo, pons, TheBoss and 9 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Praise the helmet cam! Apr 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions One-minute praise: the Nürburg at night Sep 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Unsolicited praise for Assetto Corsa from a pro Jan 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room In praise of the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Feb 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room All Praise KS Developers Dec 22, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Hallelujah and praise cheezits Oct 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room RD's season update on race sims praises AC Aug 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nurburgring praise thread Mar 1, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

ACC FFB and Physics supporters squad represent ! :D Where you at kool cats ? :D

I would like to actually visit you and try your rig just to feel how ffb is wrong for you :D

But whatever, even if you dislike FFB, it is clear that this is already a masterpiece, for sure.

4. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

I must admit I was sceptical about getting the game in EA. I did the same for AC but I never really got on with the UI and it put me off somewhat.
    My PC died shortly after, and life happened, so I've just returned to the world of PC sim racing.
    I'd been playing Project bugs on xbox (don't shoot me, I did have AC too!) whilst I saved up for a new rig. So with my shiny new rig I was going to buy Pcars2 (which just happened to be on sale) when I noticed the EA for ACC.
    I was a little put off by the 1 series focus and limited number of tracks on full release. I didn't think there'd be enough content or variety. With only have one car and one track, I mused about jumping in later, but ultimately I took the plunge.

Boy am I glad I did.

That one little car, that one solitary track is all I really need. I haven't even tried it in the rain yet.

The AI is a bit shonky at times, Super slow round turn 1 and I think the collision physics need as look at. Going through corners, if I get tapped on the side, usually at quite low speed, I get spun out quite aggressively as if I've been full on sideswiped Perez style. The yellow flag issue seems to have been fixed, or at least improved.
    I did have a '**** yeah' moment when same Johnny Nobody pro-am driver tried a bit too aggressively round the outside of turn 5(?), bouncing over the kerbs and almost losing the back end. They seem to be better on the brakes than me, but that could be me/my far from ideal setup, I don't have the most stable 'cockpit'.

I do think the FFB is missing some feel on the front end for lack of grip, however that could be how it's supposed to be. It's not completely off putting, or game breaking by any means. I have a thrustmaster TX something or other, with the Ferrari wheel rim.

I like the rating system, though i'd like to turn it back on occasionally to see where it is I need to improve. Maybe in practice only?

I can't wait for the next instalment, i'm even considering getting VR... So kudos to Kunos. Keep it coming. I'm off to get my boots wet.

BrunUK and richard thompson like this.